Funny/weird Things You've Said...

Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:44 am

This weekend I was with my family in southeastern Pennsylvania. Most of my relatives who live there use awkward English phrasing because of the heavy Pennsylvania Dutch influence on the local dialect. Sometimes there are weird turns-of-phrase.

On Friday afternoon, after two days of re-exposure to this, I found myself saying something quite unusual, which was completely in the mode of my relatives... as we were getting ready to leave and half of the family was out the door but my sister was still inside talking to my grandmother...

"Let's go out before the door gets cold!"

Up, up and away!

RE: Funny/weird Things You've Said...

Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:54 am

I was in Selfridges in London (big department store like Bloomingdales/Macys etc) with my girlfriend. As we were walking round I casually asked her " I wonder if they do sell fridges in here ?". She just shrugged and didn't say anything.

About 30mins later she suddenly burst out into fits of laughter when she realised what I had said, as she had only just put 2+2 together !!.

"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:31 am

i called my friend a "sad larry" the other day..i just made it up on the spot (his name is evan btw)

Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:00 pm

I was at chepotle the other day, and this mexican lady is taking my order, so I try to have a mexican accent, there comes out their manager (he's black) and he asks me what I want to eat (eventhough I got my order already) so I say something like "yo man, I 'lready got my o'der"

I found out it matters how I talk by who I'm talking to.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.