Bizjets

Saddam Hussein To Make Statement To Kuwaiti People

Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:51 pm

Interesting development!!!

Saddam Hussein is to make a statement to the Kuwait people, the same people he tried to overtake 12 years ago. What is he planning? There is little support for Saddam in Kuwait.

Schoenorama

RE: Saddam Hussein To Make Statement To Kuwaiti People

Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:49 am

His Scud missiles can reach Kuwait and there are American troops based there. That's probably why he is addressing them.
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:36 am

Maybe he's going to invite them over to a clam bake in one of his palaces this weekend. No charge.

TWAL1011

Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:44 am

He has asked them to rise against the American troops stationed there.

NWA742

Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:50 am

He has asked them to rise against the American troops stationed there.

Man, talk about a newsflash huh?!

I can't tell you how much I'm surprised that Saddam asked them to stand up against the troops who saved them 12 years ago!!!

Big grin

Seriously though, this is just one more thing that proves Saddam is an idiot and needs to be taken out.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

TWAL1011

Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:53 am

I was really pulling for the clam bake, though.

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:03 am

TWAL1011, so was I. I haven't been to one this year, and if Saddam was gonna spring for it, hell, it might have been worth the trip.

Just don't stand close to any of his closests in the palace-you don't want to come down with radiation sickness.

CPH-R

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:07 am

How odd, on the news here they just said that he apoplogized before god the things they did to Kuwait.

Odd that you didn't bother to mention that.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/12/07/sproject.irq.saddam.kuwait/index.html

TWAL1011

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:14 am

Well, which do you think would be more motivating?

"All Kuwaiti Pig-Dogs, rise against the Americans or we shall invade for a second time"

or

"Gee guys, we're really sorry that we invaded, pilaged, raped and murdered you. Please kill the Americans"

NWA742

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:20 am

How odd, on the news here they just said that he apoplogized before god the things they did to Kuwait.

CPH-R,

You actually believe that he is sorry for what he did? The only reason he "apologized" to Kuwait was to desperately try to help his image to the world, because he knows that Bush wants him out.

Do you really think Saddam his over in his palace shedding a tear over Kuwait and what he did, or tried to do, to Kuwait?

As for the topic itself, I agree 100% with Alpha 1.

Alpha 1,

I'm beginning to have a problem with you on this board, you are taking the words right out of my mouth too many times!

Big grin

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:22 am

Give me a break! Saddam didn't even have the balls to read the statement himself! He let one of his political hacks do it! That tells me right there that he doesn't mean one word of this-except the part about him wanting them to fight the U.S.

This should be taken for what it is-a PR sham. He still covets what Kuwait and Saudi Arabia have. Obviously, some Kuwaiti's will believe this nonsense, but most, remembering how Iraqi forces raped and pillaged their nation, won't buy it for a second.

CPH-R

Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:27 am

No, I don't think he's sorry for what he did, I just found it interesting that everyone seemed to be going on about he encouraged Kuwaitis to kill the Americans.

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:39 am

No, I don't think he's sorry for what he did, I just found it interesting that everyone seemed to be going on about he encouraged Kuwaitis to kill the Americans.

Isn't that what he did, CPH-R? He lauded those who are trying to kill Americans, and encouraged Kuwaiti's to do that? Or does that not bother you?

CPH-R

Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:47 am

Yes, he said that. But noone even mentioned the fact that the word sorry came from him. Oh wait, it didn't come from him, it came from his spokesman.

Also, who made the statement that the Kuwaitis should kill all the American forces in their country? I haven't had the time to see all the Breaking News bulletins yet.

Super Em

Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:21 am

Give me a break! Saddam didn't even have the balls to read the statement himself! He let one of his political hacks do it! That tells me right there that he doesn't mean one word of this-except the part about him wanting them to fight the U.S.

I suppose Bush doesn't do the same thing? When he makes a blunder, isn't Fleischer or Rice there to rescue him?

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:26 am

Yes, he said that. But noone even mentioned the fact that the word sorry came from him. Oh wait, it didn't come from him, it came from his spokesman.

ROTFL. You're right!!

I suppose Bush doesn't do the same thing? When he makes a blunder, isn't Fleischer or Rice there to rescue him?

Grow up, Super Em. We're not talking here about someone making a "blunder". We're talking about a major announcement by one state, towards the people of another. Saddam didn't even have the balls to make the announcement.

Had this been a major announcement directed at another nation, yes, I'd imagine Bush would have made it himself, as would any U.S. President.

OO-AOG

Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:17 am

These apologies from Saddam are real b****t and I'm glad those were rejected by Kuwait. The only thing Saddam need to do is comply with UN resolutions and he should refrain to act like a fool. And this is valid for Bush as well by the way.
Falcon....like a limo but with wings

Alpha 1

Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:37 am

I knew you'd include a side-swipe at the U.S. OO-AOG. But, having said that, I agree with the rest of what you said.