UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Andy Reid Greatest Coaching Achievement Ever

Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:33 am

IMO, They should enshrine Andy Reid into the Football Hall of Fame now. His team has managed to win 4 games w/ 3 different QB's.

It boils down to coaching.
1) The Eagles are not the one player team that everyone believed them to be. He built this team, from fine players and lead this team w/ the help of fine individuals. There ARE NO Randy Moss' on the Eagles. There are no Dion Sanders' on the Eagles.
2) Meticulous preperation of said team.
3) The preperation of his 3rd string QB to win important games that had to be won.

This will be a storybook season. I can feel it.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

NJTurnpike

RE: Andy Reid Greatest Coaching Achievement Ever

Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:47 am

Admittedly I'm no football fan (being a transplanted Limey an' all), but even I'm beginning to watch the Eagles with curiosity. So when McNabb and Detmer return, how do you see the team working? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Even lacking their #1 and #2 quarterbacks, the Eagles don't appear to be broke. Do they require fixing?

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:51 am

AJ feeley has been doing yoemans work as starter. But he still isn't McNabb. My fondest hope is that Detmer is healthy enough to finish the season out, giving Donovan all the recupertion time he needs to return for the playoffs. The Eagles will have the bye for th e first round to allow McNabb to practice with the team and return to active duty for the post-season.

US AIRWAYS

Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:33 am

I agree with UALPHLCS. Andy Reid has done one hell of a job with the Eagles this year. When he first came here, I didn't think much of him because he never had any head coaching experience. He had a couple of rocky years, but now he's turned the Birds into a Superbowl caliber team. I'm heavily looking forward to January!!!  Big thumbs up

Jonathan
Go Eagles!

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:40 am

US Airways I have to disagree with just one point. Andy Reid has only had ONE losing season, his first. His teams have made more and more progress as the years have gone on. I think this has to do w/ the dismantling of previous coaches teams and the building of Andy's team Andy's way.

I love the fact that He doesn't tolerate "For ME" players.

I LOVE EWR

Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:15 am

As a LIFELONG G-I-A-N-T-S Fan and a avid hater of those Birdies I should be the last person in the world to compliment anything that has to do with the Birdies.

However, Andy Reid is an EXCELLENT coach, he has proved that to me and the rest of the NFL. To early to tell about Canton, but let's face it if he continues the road he is currently taking in his career he should have no problem getting in, but that is a LONG way off. He is excellent in handling his players and Donovan is going to cause headaches for me for years to come.

BTW, UALPHLCS, I am so sorry to hear about UAL. I will continue to fly UAL when I need to and hope to work for them one day as well.

USAFHummer

Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:50 am

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!! This is our year...I can feel it...3 easy divisional games coming up, we should win all three of those and then we'll have our first round bye and homefield... I can see Eagles-Bucs in the NFC championship game at the Vet...Eagles winning of course  Smile

Now with feeling:

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:57 am

I LOVE EWR,

I am not worried. I know I work for a strong company. If Chapter 11 gives Titlon and company time to fix the mess Goodwin made then so be it I just hope to be around for the final result. That being said I only stay w/ UA cause I want to. I could go anywhere an dget paid more but I see a future w/ UA.

Getting back on topic I am sorry to hear about your condition. Being a Giants fan is treatable. Good teams are not hard to find you simply have to look south along the Turnpike. AT least you are not a Cowboys fan. Those people are terminal and have no hope of recovery. I hope Eagles Green will get you over your Giant Blues.

I LOVE EWR

Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:36 am

A condition? Come on. When was the last time the Birdies won the Super Bowl??? Better yet when were they last in the Super Bowl??? Also between '97 and last year I think the Giants won 9 out of 10 or something like that from the Birdies.  Smile

My Giants Blue will prevail over the Birdie Green come late December

I LOVE EWR

Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:37 am

O one more thing. I agree about the Cowboys. What are those people thinking?!?!?!? Stranger than those 'Skins Fan down in DC

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:32 am

There is one of the classic symptoms of your condition I LOVE EWR, searching for glory in the present by looking to the past. You really need to see someone about this before you get too infected. Good God think of the damage you maybe doing if you allow it to spread.

I seriously doubt your prediction however, if it makes you feel better the Eagles will probably be able to throw the Giants that bone. Don't count on it.

USAFHummer, I LOVE EWR is truly a sick person and need of our help and sympathy.

KROC

Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:58 am

Andy Reid has done a good job coaching this year, but calling it the greatest coaching job ever is way overboard. Sorry to break it to you Philly Fan, but thats how it is. Now go Boo Santa Claus or something.

I LOVE EWR

Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:05 am

UALPHLCS--

1) You should really go to flyertalk.com check out the UAL forums and join them. There are a few UAL employees on there and the travelers love to have good customer service agents join their community like yourself. There are a lot of 1Ks and Million Mile Flyers who give UAL a lot of Business. I think you will enjoy that site. Let me know if you need help with that site.

2) I have a ticket question for you. Are HK-49s Transferable? And if so how can I get someone to transfer them to me?

Back to the topic at hand...
You are right I am sick. I appreciate what the New York Football Giants have done and will continue to root for them. Can't wait till we play the Birdies again, and of course beat them.  Smile

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:16 am

ILOVEEWR,

Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. You now accknowlege your ailment and after the Eagles destroy the Giants a few more times you should be cured.

KROC,
Really I was exaggerating a little bit. But to win back to back games w/ your 3rd stringer, against two respectable teams. The guy is a genius. Coach of the Year is his, there are no other logical choices.

So far as I remember HK-49's are transferable however the owner must be present. If your traveling w/ the owner thats no big deal. Hk-49 just love to find themselves in the hands of theives, or are commonly sold on E-bay which invalidates them. So the Owner must be present to use the cert.

I LOVE EWR

Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:40 am

Thanks, I COMPLETELY understand that they are not to be sold and I would NEVER buy them or an SWU. I might be getting them as a gift from a family member. You should really go to flyertalk.com check out the UAL forums and join them. There are a few UAL employees on there and the travelers love to have good customer service agents join their community like yourself. There are a lot of 1Ks and Million Mile Flyers who give UAL a lot of Business. I think you will enjoy that site.

BTW i don't feel like i am ailing. GO GIANTS!!

USAFHummer

Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:51 am

I LOVE EWR...

Come on, fess up, the Giants have no chance in week 17 against the Eagles, since they (the Giants) will be out of the playoff race by then undoubtedly...UALPHLCS and I are still offering you the chance to abandon the dark side and come over to the Eagles side...take it or leave it  Smile

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!

Greg

I LOVE EWR

Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:18 am

Hummer, Hummer, Hummer....I will NEVER EVER leave my Giants. You should come over and root for a team that has won and will continue to win championships, not the Birdies.

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:00 am

Continuing to look for Giant glory in the past.

Look for Eagle glory in the HERE AND NOW BABY. The future is midnight green.

NINE AND 0 against the NFC

I feel a sweep against the NFC EAST.

USAFHummer

Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:38 pm

UAL...

Im feelin' it too...Im sniffing 13-3 finish, which would put the Eagles in FIRST PLACE in the NFC (and the NFL for that matter) regardless of what happens to the Bucs and Packers, meaning homefield advantage (the Vet's last stand haha) and a first round bye.........YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

EWR-
Dont say I didnt warn you when the Eagles kill the Giants (again) in Week 17 heheh...
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

Greg

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:07 pm

AJ FEELY will start. I had really hoped that they would keep saying Koy was doubtful and then in the end have him start so that the Redskins wouldn't know who they where facing.

Guess Andy really dosen't think the "Skins" pose much of a threat.

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:19 am

Fly Eagles, Fly
on the road to victory
Fly Eagles, Fly

Champions of the NFC EAST Two Years in a row.

Get out a broom the Eagels are going to sweep!!!!!!!

haveric

Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:58 am

It is a GREAT time to be an Eagles fan. They've already beaten two of the 3 top teams in the NFC (49ers and Bucs) and the AFC downright stinks this year.....

Go Birds!
Leave the Vet in style!!!

I LOVE EWR

Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:48 am

Please excuse me while I go outside and vomit.  Smile

Go GIANTS

haveric

Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:47 am

I LOVE EWR -- that made my day!! Nothing makes me happier than an upset Giants fan.

Well, maybe seeing Jerry Jones look like a moron in Dallas....

USAFHummer

Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:48 am

Feeley is starting next week too at Dallas..heard it from Coach Reid himself on 94.1 WYSP tonight...also they got a veteran punter today, and dumped that moron Baker...I didnt catch his name but they said he was 41 years old and played for the Bengals for most of his career....

Greg

haveric

Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:50 pm

Thanks for the update Greg. It's hard to get the details out here in Chicago. From what I heard from friends / read in the Inquirer (the game wasn't on TV here last week), the punter was downright putrid.

It's ashame, because before Landeta went down, the Eagles may have had the best special teams in the league (Landeta/Akers/Mitchell).

Is Detmer healing slower than expected? Is he the #2 QB, or is it Hasselback?

Eric

US AIRWAYS

Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:57 pm

Jason Baker had to be the worst punter I've seen in a while. He's got one hell of a leg, and if he gets a hold of one it goes. It's just too bad it never happens. If you watch him in warm-ups, he shaggs one out of every four punts off the side of his foot. That was there only problem on Sunday. The new punter's name is Lee Johnson. He's 41 years old and has played more games in the NFL than any other punter. In his career, he's averaged 42.5 yards on 1,212 punts. Anything is better than Baker's average this year, who only averaged 29.2 yards since being with the Eagles. Johnson has not played since the 2001 season. He was with the Bengals from 89-99, then went to the Patriots from 99-mid 01, when he was sent over to the Vikings.

Right now Detmer is the #2 quarterback, with Hasselback sliding down to the #3 spot (that's what there saying on Comcast). Detmer still comes in to hold for FG's and XP's.

Superbowl, here we come!!!!!! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan
Go Eagles!

I LOVE EWR

Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:36 am

Hate to burst all of your bubbles  Smile but I don't think the Birdies are going to make it to the Super Bowl. Tampa Bay IMO has the best shot.

haveric

Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:49 am

Because Tampa Bay has done so well against the Eagles at the Vet in winter in the past......

I LOVE EWR

Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:00 am

Haveric you are right Tampa is horrible in cold weather games. I think they have lost every game they have played in when it is below 40 degrees. That said however when it comes to playoff time throw EVERYTHING out. The playoffs are a whole other season. These guys are playing for millions of dollars in extras. The last time these two teams met were in October which is an eternity in football.

You also have to remeber that I have a sickness like UALPHLCS said so I am acting a little dillusional lately Big grin

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:34 pm

Eagles v Bucs in January LAST EVER GAME at the VET? And You think TAMPAx will win!!!!!

I'm sorry but the Eagels beat the bucs already and it wasn't even that cold. The bucs have a snowballs chance in Tampa to win.

I LOVE EWR you must not be ill. You must have serious head trauma, see a doctor please.

FYI Anyone in Philly heard the "Its a Wonderful Life" parody of McNabb on WIP?

I only caught a bit but apparently Mcnabb is George Bailey and Clarence shows him what the season would be like with out him. Hysterical. His mother doesn't know him and he pleas with her "Mother we made soup commercials together!"

if soneone has a tape I need a copy.

USAFHummer

Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:49 am

I LOVE EWR is just jealous cause his Giants havent gone anywhere since the Ravens blew them out in the Super Bowl a few years ago....

I'll be at the Bucs-Steelers game Monday night, look for me, Ill be the one getting beat up by all the drunk Buc fans  Big grin

Greg

I LOVE EWR

Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:05 am

USAF when was the last time the Eagles made the Super Bowl?....

Big grin

USAFHummer

Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:14 am

EWR...

1980, but regardless...that was the past...past history has little or no bearing on the present in the NFL Smile

Greg

I LOVE EWR

Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:00 am

USAF you are right the past has very little or no bearing on the present in the NFL.

Anyway, glad you beat those Cowgirls yesterday. Even though I hate the Eagles, I HATE the Cowgirls even more.

Can't wait next week for the matchup between the Eagles and the Giants. I am going to try to get tickets we shall see.

Mark

USAFHummer

Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:12 pm

Bah, we steamrolled the Cowboys like they were a Pop Warner team, now next team to go under the steamroller will the NY Giants...

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Greg

US AIRWAYS

Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:11 am

That was indeed one hell of a game on Saturday. I'm sorry I LOVE EWR, but the Giants have absolutley no shot against our Birds. Giants fans can still believe there is some hope, but I think they truly know what the outcome is going to be. Big grin It is going to be an exciting game though.

I just got word that I may be headed to San Diego for the "Big Dance" in January. If it ends up Raiders vs. Eagles (like I have predicted it to be since around Week 2) I will hopefully be there. My Uncle may be the biggest Raiders fan I've ever seen, and he and his buddys want to go if that happens. I'm gonna have to blow about 2 months of my paychecks unless my uncle kicks in money, but it will all be worth it!!!!! I think I've seen nosebleed seats going for around $1500.

UALPHLCS - Haven't heard the McNabb parody yet, but if anyone knows where to find it please let me know. I'm hoping that they'll replay it sometime in the near future.

Jonathan
Go Eagles!

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:32 pm

THANK YOU PITTSBURG STEELERS

Who thought Tampa was going to play the Eagles tough. They got crushed in thier own house. Sad.

Bring on the GIANTS baby.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles.

I LOVE EWR

Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:58 am

You are right UALPHLCS I thought Tampa was going to play tough and I think they still are if they play again.

The playoffs are a whole other season. Like Hummer said

'past history has little or no bearing on the present in the NFL '

Once the playoffs start the past history is the regular NFL season. Anything can happen for example the New England Patriots last season. Who would have thought they would have been in the Super Bowl.

Anyway I can't wait for the game this Saturday it is going to be a close game I think. Andy made the right choice to start AJ.

I want to wish all of you guys a merry christmas and happy new year as well!!

I LOVE EWR

Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:56 am

Well the big day is here. My prediction for the game is the following...

Giants 35
Eagles 14

USAFHummer

Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:48 pm

Youve got to be joking me EWR, 35-14 is way off base...I found it disturbing that the 2 newspapers I read today, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the NY Times picked the Giants to pull off the upset even though the Vegas line is favoring the Eagles...which again means nothing but still...

I do think it will be close, however the Eagles will still pull it out...our defense is still dominant despite our minor offensive setbacks...

Eagles 28, Giants 24 is my prediction, made at 10:43 PM on December 27, 2002 for the record...

Allright Eagles fans...alltogether now...

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

Greg

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:14 am

I'll be in NYC today. Unfortunately to see a Broadway play w/ the family, not to see the other show in North Jersey.

I think It'll be a tough game. Probably won on Feild goals.

EAGLES 12
New Jersey GIANTS 9

Thats right folks No touchdowns today unless the defence makes them.

I never thought I'd say this but Lets Go JETS.

Love for them to beat GB at the Meadowlands after the Eagles won there the day before.

I LOVE EWR

Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:24 am

Does anyone know what the score of the game was?!?!?!?!?!

O thats right it was ...

Eagles 7
GIANTS 10!!!!!!!!

Anyway glad it was a great game. I am glad it was close. A few notes and comments on the game.

1) The Giants CANNOT turn the ball over like this anymore in the playoffs or forget it. They will be blown out.
2) With all of the turnovers the Giants had the Eagles could very easily have put this game way out of reach but they failed to because...
3) AJ Feeley proved today that he can't win the big 'playoff' atmosphere games. I thought he flat out stunk. Andy had to resort to a run game and take away from his bread and butter (the passing game) in crucial situations to keep the game the way it was. Be very grateful that Donovan McNabb is coming back in a few weeks.
4) Where was the Eagles Defense?? I think they forgot to make the trip up to the Meadowlands.
5) Glad Fassel stuck with Barber.
6) Jeremy Shockey=Rookie of the Year, Future Hall of Famer

Anyway like I said I am glad it was a great game. I hope the Eagles kick A$$ in the playoffs. I would love to see an NFC Championship Game between the Birdies and the Giants. What did you all think of the game???

:D

KROC

Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:39 am

Andy Reid.......guess he's not the greatest coach ever huh Philly fan?  Insane

I LOVE EWR

Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:27 am

Don't the Philly fans want to comment?

Smile

USAFHummer

Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:42 am

The official line coming from the USAFHummer Eagle fan camp is:

"No comment"

...and for one game only:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!

Greg

KROC

Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:07 am

Let's recap some of "No Comments" previous statements...

I LOVE EWR...

Come on, fess up, the Giants have no chance in week 17 against the Eagles, since they (the Giants) will be out of the playoff race by then undoubtedly...UALPHLCS and I are still offering you the chance to abandon the dark side and come over to the Eagles side...take it or leave it

UAL...

Im feelin' it too...Im sniffing 13-3 finish, which would put the Eagles in FIRST PLACE in the NFC (and the NFL for that matter) regardless of what happens to the Bucs and Packers, meaning homefield advantage (the Vet's last stand haha) and a first round bye.........YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

EWR-
Dont say I didnt warn you when the Eagles kill the Giants (again) in Week 17 heheh...
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

Bah, we steamrolled the Cowboys like they were a Pop Warner team, now next team to go under the steamroller will the NY Giants...

I do think it will be close, however the Eagles will still pull it out...our defense is still dominant despite our minor offensive setbacks...

Eagles 28, Giants 24 is my prediction, made at 10:43 PM on December 27, 2002 for the record...

All that smack, and all that can be said is "no comment". Must be Philly Fan. Shouldn't you be out booing Santa Claus or something? Oh, and nothing like repping a big "win" over Dallas, then when the game counts, get bitch slapped by the Giants. Good luck getting through Green Bay, if you even go that far.

USAFHummer

Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:24 am

Thats why, for a one day special only...Im going:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! cause if the Jets beat the Packers today, then the Eagles still have homefield advantage, which means that the NFC Championship game will be played in Philadelphia  Smile

Greg

I LOVE EWR

Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:44 am

BTW Andy Reid did a great job this year but he should not be the Coach of the Year. It should go to Herman Edwards. After a 2-5 starting record to AFC East Champs says a lot about him and his coaching staff.

flyguy1

Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:03 pm

Well Philly gets its precious homefield advantage, I would love to see the Giants get a second shot at them. I think it could be one great matchup, as any other NFC team will quiver and die in the Vet.
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9