zsx81

Can My Hotmail Account Be Cracked?

Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:13 am

Is it possible that someone can find out my hotmail password without reseting it, cuz lately i suspect that someone has been going through my emails, but my friends tell me its impossible to "crack" the account! Am I just paranoid or is it true that people can break in without me knowing it.

PS my hint question cannot give my password away!

thanks

victech

RE: Can My Hotmail Account Be Cracked?

Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:30 am

Just to be safe, change your password (preferably to something alphanumeric), always use the "Public/shared computer" option, and make your hint nonsense. If you still suspect someone's going through your account, notify MSN Hotmail...they can review their logs.

lehpron

Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:22 am

There are lots of fraudulent ways to do that but they are just that - frauds. Most of them are the same, they require your ID and pass word and you put the ID of the person you want to hack. The creator makes up crap about the "servers thinking you are a staff member who wants another's password and automatically gives it to you".

The reality is that the account itself is made up by people who just want you account and as a lesson for your gullibility, they F with your account. You'd be luck if that were all they did.

I almost fell for it; luckily I created a whole new account but forgot the password for it. It seemed there were many folks out there who believed in it completely, the email I sent never got through, as the hackers' mailbox was full.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

zsx81

Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:50 am

yes i have changed my password! It just seems like changing password wont do much if someone can just crack it again..