Has Yamoussoukro Fallen Yet?

Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:57 am

I have not heard much of this city and i want to know if it has fallen to rebel forces yet? i know Man and Bouke have.

prosa

RE: Has Yamoussoukro Fallen Yet?

Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:53 pm

I would imagine that the French troops in the Ivory Coast would protect the city.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:28 pm

The French are in the west not in the north. I think that it is unfair for the French to be there backing up the goverment. Why can France wage war in the Ivory coast but the U.S can't attack Iraq

Alessandro

Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:33 am

Easy Boeing in pdx, France backs the Ivory Coast gov, US are against the Iraq
gov. It´s more political correct to back not fight a government....
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

Cyril B

Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:27 am

Boeing in pdx: 20 000 french citizens are living in Ivory Coast (the largest foreign community in IC), and the ivorian government has a mutual protection pact with France.
Furthermore, the UN security council said yesterday it backed 100% the ivorian government against the rebels aggression, and praised France's role in this crisis.

The french forces in IC are not conducting a war, they are imposing a cease fire and they protect our citizens. Their presence prevents the civil war from becoming a genocide.

Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:18 am

The only Genocide has been commitied by the Govt. A mass grave was found to have been comitied by the Goverment. The French or UN are fighting against people who are trying to oust a corrupt out of touch Goverment that commits racism against people from other countries. France started the fighting yesterday and the freedom fighters from the west are not part of the cease fire and have made no attempts to attack the french in the country. The French had no right to fire on the rebels it is not fair for France to get involved in a civil war on one side.

Cyril B

Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:42 am

"France started the fighting yesterday and the freedom fighters from the west are not part of the cease fire and have made no attempts to attack the french in the country. The French had no right to fire on the rebels it is not fair for France to get involved in a civil war on one side."

1- Freedom fighters... Wasn't it the surname given by Reagan to the talebans? ...
Yes, Gbagbo's government is corrupted one, but those "freedom fighters" are supported by Burkina Faso or Liberia, very poor countries who would be glad to get a part of IC's wealths...

2- The french forces in IC have a clear mission: they have to impose a cease fire to allow negociations between the rebels and the government. The rebels attacked them and they just counteracted...

Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:33 am

They are desprate for ally's in thier struggle to free the country from the French and thier puppet Goverment. The French fired on the Rebels first.

Cyril B

Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:01 am

"The French fired on the Rebels first"

Where did you get this information??
If the real mission of the french forces was to take back the north, it would have been already achieved.

The rebels have a real chance to reach a political compromise with the elected government thanks to french mediation (a summit will probably take place in Paris in early january), but they must respect the cease fire.

kolobokman

Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:55 am

No, guys, you got it all wrong...

Yamoussoukro is an ice skater, she is HOT!
I don't want her to fall!

-я есть artiom
I can neither confirm, nor deny above post