Boeing4ever
Topic Author

New Years Resolutions...

Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:17 pm

So, what are yours? C'mon let's hear them! Quit smoking? Exercise more? Stop peeling out of your driveway for the sole purpose of giving that nosey old lady next door a heart attack?

Let's see what everyone puts down, then a year later, let's see if anyone actually stuck to them! I know I'll stick to mine!

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

vafi88

RE: New Years Resolutions...

Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:54 pm

My new years resolution is to......umm.......well..........
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:29 pm

I have several. Some of them are religious in nature, so I won't share them here. Others I can share:

1. Graduate from college.
2. Meet various flying goals (At least CFII and Multi/MEI -- also toying with the notion of getting a commercial helicopter add-on, but we'll just have to see if that's how "the Man Upstairs" wants it.)
3. Go skiing at least 4 more days this season, 1 of which should be spent on Telemark skis. [Note: they all may have to be spent on rented telemark or high performance alpine skis, because I put a huge gash in one of my alpine skis last Saturday, and I'm not sure if I can fix it. Although, it fortunately only took out P-tex, and didn't get to the core of the ski iteslf. But it's gonna take some serious filing and a couple p-tex candles. I was charging down this untracked slope and... funny story--I'll have to tell you all sometime.]
4. Do more mountain biking, when the season arrives. Stay in shape; kick my friends' butts.
5. I'd love to find a nice girl. But again, that's not totally up to me.
6. Buy some new ski equipment. My current setup is late 80's racing stuff, and the boots and bindings are almost shot (two pre-releases in one day! Geeze!). And I'm not going to put new bindings on 15 year old skis. And, if I'm going to be forking out that much cash, I might just switch to telemark permanently. But then again, I'd be giving up a lot of proficiency in alpine. Right now, I can ski anything. I wonder how I'd do on some new-school parabolic all-mountain setup. I'd probably loose all fear entirely. That might not be a good thing. (Heh, heh, heh....)

How's that for resolutions?

'Speed

Boeing4ever
Topic Author

Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:04 am

Noone else has any resolutions. That's a surprise. Many people seem to make them and, later on, break them. Some do keep them. But I find it hard to believe that noone else on these forums has made any resolutions for New Years.

CMK10

Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:34 am

1. Lose some weight. I want to get down to 200 lbs (currently at 230, but Im 6'1 so I can fly Southwest  Big grin )
2. Retain AAdvantage Gold, plans are already in the works.
3. Make those who hate me, tolerate me. Very few people here to work with.
4. Be a better friend.
5. Be a better son, I've been a pain in the posterior to my mother lately, gotta shape up and fly right.

DC-10's Forever
"Traveling light is the only way to fly" - Eric Clapton

klm672

Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:41 am

mine is to loose weight, maybe buff up a bit more.

Turbolet

Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:45 am

I haven't made any substantial resolutions for this year, but as I have already mentioned on my thread (Turbolet's Revelation), I will be myself and be proud of it - never feel ashamed of myself because of my sexuality.
-turbolet

Pilothica737

Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:08 am

My resolution is to make better grades and to stop being so loud when I get excited

jcs17

Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:13 am

-I need to drop about 15-20 lbs. (I'm 5'11" 180, right now)
-Have a better diet
-Get my ankle fixed, and skate at least two times a week
-Save more of my money from work (well, after I get off my ass and get a part-time job)
-Quit being so sarcastic to people.
-Have better attendance habits at school.
-Get my transfer applications in order
-Avoid going out on weekdays
-Shower at least every four days  Big grin
-Carry the same friendly relationship that I have with my friends home with me.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

LH423

Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:26 pm

Don't make them, because I know that I won't keep them. So, rather, I prefer to make short-term goals that I renew every few months. Right now, my goals are to go to Montréal, strengthen my ties my closest friends, and go to Paris in April. I also would like to go back to school, at least to take some classes. Get more sleep, and continue to be a good person (especially after how bad I fucked up on New Year's Eve).

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Turbolet

Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:20 pm

Oh yeah, talking of fucked up New Year's Eves, here's two more resolutions for me.

-I'm not getting in a car driven by a girl who doesn't have a licence and is half a year younger than me again, and I'm not getting in a car with anyone who drives 120km/h in Gozo for that matter.

-I'll watch my alcoholic drink intake better next time I'm out clubbing and I'll live up to my saying of 'drink to have fun but don't get drunk'. Not that I was drunk on NYE but I was hardly as alert as I am when I'm sober.

That's it. Basically, I'm not having such a scary New Year's Eve ever again!!

vywh

Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:19 pm

All my family members are healthy,wealthy and happy.Wish them get out all the troubles and enjoy their life.

Best wishes to all of them,and you all as well.

Boeing4ever
Topic Author

Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:34 pm

That's all? Noone else???????????  Confused

vafi88

Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:48 pm

Yeah!!! I'm gonna get below 200 pounds also (I'm 6'0 and currently well over 200 and 230) Although, that would be hard with that pizza and those hot wings I ate last night (still feeling them now)
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

seb146

Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:23 pm

I resolve to get some snappy theme music, get a end line for this board (b4e, MX5, and others have them), get a better job, and go to more concerts. Not the ones at Rose Garden but the ones in the pubs (Roseland, Aladden, Crystal)
Life in the wall is a drag.

Thom@s

Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:13 pm

I don't have one this year, because I'm tired of breaking them.  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"