maiznblu_757

Iowa Gets Smashed!

Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:43 pm

After you Iowa fans dry your eyes, (Yea, Im still bitter) you can go to Cedar Rapids or Des Moines Airport tomorrow and see some heavymetal at least. Might make you forget about the ass whooping you just took.

ExpressJet_ERJ

RE: Iowa Gets Smashed!

Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:19 pm

Iowa played horrible! Couldn't get any touchdowns until the 4th when it was already 38-10! lol
ETOPS...Engines Turn Or People Swim

KAUSpilot

Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:22 pm

What an overrated Big Televen team. Play a conference championship game please. I have a feeling that the beating Iowa took tonight is mild compared to the ass whipping Miami will dish out to Ohio State. In any event, I hope the buckeyes find some way to keep it close purely for entertainment's sake.

KROC

Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:26 pm

Where is the lone Iowa fan on these boards that was talking up his team...before they got slammed like a 2 dollar whore that is.....

mbmbos

Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:27 am

I watched the game in its entirety and I think that, despite the embarassing loss, Iowa looked like a very strong, talented football team. I'm not sure if the coach made the best decisions, particularly regarding changes to the offense. And Southern Cal looks like the best team in the nation (I'd bet they would beat Miami decisively).

Cheer up, Iowans, you've got a top 10 team. Don't let one ugly loss get you down.

KROC

Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:51 am

I watched the game in its entirety and I think that, despite the embarassing loss, Iowa looked like a very strong, talented football team.

Where you watching the Iowa/USC game that was on ABC at around 8:30pm or so? If so, how could you say Iowa looked good? Brad Banks played like crap, and Iowa showed what it had when it had to face actual competition. They got beat handily on both sides of the ball.

And Southern Cal looks like the best team in the nation (I'd bet they would beat Miami decisively).

Best team in the nation...with 2, thats TWO loses? How about no. Top 2 or 3 clearly. And decisively beat Miami? Not quite. Yes they could win, and have a much better shot that OSU, but that would be a very good game, and they would not blow out Miami.

KAUSpilot

Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:07 am

Friggin Kansas State and Washington State beat USC. Kansas State is the third or fourth best team in the Big XII and Washington State got their asses handed to them by OU in the Rose bowl. Granted, USC caught fire at the end of the season, but they'd still be hard pressed to beat miami. Personally I think Miami, OU, K-State or Texas all could've beaten either orange bowl team last night.