NWA742
Topic Author

2 Explosions Hit Downtown Tel Aviv, Many Dead

Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:19 am

Looking at CNN Live right now, at least 15 are dead after 2 explosions hit a downtown bus station.

Although they haven't confirmed it yet it was definitely 2 suicide bombers hitting a public place at its busiest time of day.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

todaReisinger

RE: 2 Explosions Hit Downtown Tel Aviv, Many Dead

Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:07 am

If Israel doesn't apply Assad's tactics of 1982, or those of king Hussein in 1970, these sub-human carnages will go on FOREVER.
I bitterly miss the livery that should never have been changed (repetition...)

Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:18 am

Now deaths is 20. Number keeps rising. More innocent people lost under Sharon's regime.

NWA742
Topic Author

Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:24 am

More innocent people lost under Sharon's regime.

How about "more innocent people killed by terrorists under Arafat's regime"?

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

KLAX

Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:50 am

How terrible  Crying

-Clovis

jcs17

Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:29 am

More innocent people lost under Sharon's regime.

Haha, nice try. I dont think it was Ariel Sharon who was in charge of the suicide bombers. I dont think it was 15 Palestinian Arabs killed by the suicide bombers either. The blame rests solely on one mans shoulders...Yassar Arafat. Time to get rid of the scum bag.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

avi

Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:58 am

This is another big tragedy for the foreign workers community in Israel.
Many of the dead and the injured are foreign workers. Many of them refused to evacuate to hospitals and others who got there left almost immediately (the illegal workers).
This is the third time PA carry out an attack in the old central bus station, hitting mostly foreign people and this is the second time that 2 PA blow up themselves in the area.

Long live the B747

galaxy5

Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:15 am

TEL AVIV, Israel — Twin homicide bombings in downtown Tel Aviv killed at least 15 bystanders on Sunday, the first such attack since November.

About 40 people were injured in the blasts, several of them critically, police and rescue workers said.

There were reports of conflicting claims of responsibility from the Islamic Jihad group and the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, a militia linked to Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement.

Many of the dead and wounded were foreign workers. Israeli TV stations broadcast police appeals in English, assuring foreigners staying in Israel illegally they could safely seek treatment at hospitals and contact wounded friends.

Its sad that this continues to occur, the terrorists need to be stomped out once and for all. With extreme prejudice.

"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

todaReisinger

Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:44 am

When I read, after such a tragedy, a provocative BS like "More innocent people lost under Sharon's regime", proving the author's disrespect toward the victims and the whole Israeli people, I realize that crude anti-Semitism is much more alive than I have ever doubted. It is despicable and shameful.

Maybe bigo has also said "More innocent people lost under Bush's regime" after 9-11?

But obviously bigo is too young (...) to remember that there have been similar horrors under "Barak's regime" and under "Peres' regime" and under "Rabin's regime", leftist Governments which CREATED the first Palestinian entity in history; indeed, all these atrocities occured under one single regime: Arafat's terrorist and despotic regime.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:16 am

i hope to god the palestinians never get their state. ever.

jcs17

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:31 am

i hope to god the palestinians never get their state.

I'd like to second that motion! What a despicable, pathetic group of people.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Arsenal@LHR

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:55 am

I said this about 6 months ago and i'll say it again, this is a conflict which i don't see a solution to, i don't think peace can be achieved with these people. I almost think this is a problem without any solutions.
In Arsene we trust!!

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:28 am

Excuse me, but I'm not a BS. It's a fact.

Yes. Many innocent people died under Bush's Regime. That's because Bush is just a idiot who only knows one thing "WAR".

Same with Sharon. Sharon is just another idiot who only knows to blame Palestanians after attacks happened.

More innocent people died under Sharon's regime then other under ex-Israeli PM's regime.

I dont think it was Ariel Sharon who was in charge of the suicide bombers.

Actually, he did. But Indirectly. His so-called "retaliation" (which didn't made any progress) has bring his country into a deeper turmoil and danger. His latest round of "retaliation" will only cause more suicidal attack as revenge.

But obviously bigo is too young (...) to remember that there have been similar horrors under "Barak's regime" and under "Peres' regime" and under "Rabin's regime", leftist Governments which CREATED the first Palestinian entity in history; indeed, all these atrocities occured under one single regime: Arafat's terrorist and despotic regime.

But did we hear the suicidal attack everyday, everyweek? Obviously no.

Of course, Israelis will always say Arafat's regime is a "terrorist regime". But don't forget that there are people out there who also think Ariel Sharon's Government is a "terrorist government" too.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:30 am

By the way, during the live interview with BBC World News (0100GMT) , Israeli representatives keeps avoiding news anchor's question on Palestanians.

Israel must have did something bad so they decided to avoid and refused to answer.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:52 am

Is there really a need to categorize people who supports Israel and who supports Palestanian?

Geez.

yyz717

Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:23 pm

When is Israel going to start fighting back seriously?

It's time to obliterate Gaza City. These sub-human suicide bombers and their supporters don't deserve to live.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

LH423

Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:55 pm

Oh, right. Let's destroy a city, and with it, make thousands of men, woman, and children who live there homeless. People who want nothing more than to let their children play without fear of violence.

Believe me, I don't condone the attacks, but saying that an entire ethnic group is sub-human is just wrong.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Until the Israelis and/or Palestinians make a serious effort for peace, I won't care if they all kill each other until Sharon and Arafat realize they're the last two alive and look around at what they've caused and ask "What happened?", because, frankly people, that day will come! So, fine. Israelis don't want peace unless it's on their terms, and the Palestinians don't want peace unless it's on their terms, then let the bloodshed continue. I'm just gonna sit back and watch it on the news with utmost apathy.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

yyz717

Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:01 pm

I didn't say an entire ethnic group was sub-human. Just the suicide bombers & their supporters.

Until the Israelis and/or Palestinians make a serious effort for peace

Israel has already. They offered land-for-peace but the PLO walked away.

It's now time for Israel to start fighting seriously.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

todaReisinger

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:27 pm

Yes. Many innocent people died under Bush's Regime. That's because Bush is just a idiot who only knows one thing "WAR".

Cool! Now we all know the "reason" behind 9-11, it's really interesting. Hateful fundamentalist Islamic terror is not even worth being mentionned...it's Bush's fault.

Well, thank you bigo; I'll stop right here any further discussion with you.

Israel must have did something bad so they decided to avoid and refused to answer.

I really wonder where he's coming from.

BTW, Kaddoumi, a PLO official, has declared the other day that there's NO difference between Hamas' and the PLO's position; knowing that Hamas is openly calling for Israel's destruction, it may explain to those who want to remain blind why peace is NOT possible in the ME.

OH-LZA

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:41 pm

Why can't both stop disturbing each other and live together in peace?

Alex

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:53 pm

Yyz717, you are showing your colours here.

In this thread you say that Israel should fight back.

Yet, in a thread on Chechnyan terrorism, you clearly state that you support the Chechen terrorists and that you don't care if Russians die.

So this begs the question, why do you care about Israelis dying?

And do you support a Palestinian state?

It is amazing that the Palestinian and Chechen terrorism is all the same, yet one you decry and the other you openly support.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

yyz717

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:08 pm

It is amazing that the Palestinian and Chechen terrorism is all the same, yet one you decry and the other you openly support.

No, the 2 are completely different.

Israel offered the PLO land-for-peace, which the PLO walked away from. The PLO is not interested in peace.

As for Russia, they have not offered to negotiate peace with the Chechnyans. They are only interested in crushing the self-determination of the Chechnyans.

The PLO are terrorists. The Chechnyans are freedom fighters.

todaReisinger

Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:28 am

The Chechen Islamic fundamentalists who are killing scores of innocent Russian civilians are evil terrorists; to claim something else would be unacceptable.
Now it doesn't mean that the Russians are not at fault...The Russian Army is also committing horrific crimes in Chechnya, killing and torturing a lot of innocent civilians.

tbar220

Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:07 am

If there is only the slightest light that can come out of these attacks, its that they are the first inside Israel in the last six weeks. Hopefully there will be a longer strech of peace inside of Israel this time.

The Palestinians really took it quite far this time.  Sad
NO URLS in signature

todaReisinger

Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:31 am

The Palestinians really took it quite far this time.

What's so new this time? More than 650 people have been killed in the last 2 years in similar atrocities.

But maybe we are wrong, TBar; maybe we don't understand that those "military operations" are a big call for peace. It's the desperate desire to revive the peace process which motivates the perpetrators.

Marco

Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:11 am

The Chechnyans are freedom fighters.

Excuse me?

Insane
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:33 am

While I don't agree with Yyz717's perception of the Chechens, I do agree with his view that its time for Israel to take off the gloves.

To make terrorism stop working, its time for Israel to issue an ultimatum. "The next time you bomb an Israeli city and kill ISraeli civilians, we will level an Arab city"

TNNH

todaReisinger

Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:50 am

"The next time you bomb an Israeli city and kill ISraeli civilians, we will level an Arab city"

The problem is that the Arabs know Israel won't act this way; they know this fact too well, and are therefore exploiting it.

Assad has indeed leveled an Arab city...killing 20'000 or more, to crush an Islamic revolt (it was 3 years after the Iranian revolution...). It's horrific, but in the 20 years which have passed since then, the situation has remained calm in Syria...That's btw why a vehemently anti-Israeli participant once cited this Syrian action as an example which should be followed by other countries in the region (except Israel, of course) dealing with Islamic fundamentalism...

King Hussein of Jordan didn't level an entire city, but when his regime was threatened by Arafat's PLO...he made "Black September", and killed between 5'000 and 20'000 people (well, AI & Co have never bothered to establish the number of victims...).

galaxy5

Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:15 am

Twaneedsnohelp
Respect Rating: 0
Posted 2003-01-07 01:33:57 and read 8 times.
While I don't agree with Yyz717's perception of the Chechens, I do agree with his view that its time for Israel to take off the gloves.

To make terrorism stop working, its time for Israel to issue an ultimatum. "The next time you bomb an Israeli city and kill ISraeli civilians, we will level an Arab city"

TNNH

Todareisinger
Respect Rating: 0
Posted 2003-01-07 01:50:06 and read 6 times.
"The next time you bomb an Israeli city and kill ISraeli civilians, we will level an Arab city"

The problem is that the Arabs know Israel won't act this way; they know this fact too well, and are therefore exploiting it.

Assad has indeed leveled an Arab city...killing 20'000 or more, to crush an Islamic revolt (it was 3 years after the Iranian revolution...). It's horrific, but in the 20 years which have passed since then, the situation has remained calm in Syria...That's btw why a vehemently anti-Israeli participant once cited this Syrian action as an example which should be followed by other countries in the region (except Israel, of course) dealing with Islamic fundamentalism...

King Hussein of Jordan didn't level an entire city, but when his regime was threatened by Arafat's PLO...he made "Black September", and killed between 5'000 and 20'000 people (well, AI & Co have never bothered to establish the number of victims...).

Sad but true this is what its gonna take. And Israel needs to do it before there no longer is an Israel to defend.

"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:12 pm

As for Russia, they have not offered to negotiate peace with the Chechnyans. They are only interested in crushing the self-determination of the Chechnyans.

Oh right. So I guess that in 1996, Russia never signed a peace deal in Chechnya, and gave the Chechen people never before seen self-determination within the Russian Federation???? It was the Chechens who screwed the peace by blowing up apartment buildings in 3 different Russian cities, killing over 400 people.

david b.

Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:21 am

Yes do what the dictatorships did. Yeah sure That will really make the world side with your country.  Yeah sure Yeah sureBTW: Why don't you praise Hitler while your at it. Israel will be using the same methods as him. Rise the nazi flag, High and proud Insane  Insane
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

go canada!

Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:53 am

"will be using the same methods as him."

such as, its simply a terrorist sympthasiser tactic to infer or imply that israel is committing another holocaust.

david b, whazt do you want israel to do?

it pulled out of the west bank and was bombed without mercy for 3 weeks, it was told by the world not to react and the palestinians couldnt help themselves.

previously, it set up the Pa after being told that if it did that then the palestinians wouldnt bomb it, they still did regardless.

it elected barak as it was told that a liberal would mean the palestinians would play nice, the bombs still came.

it dismantled some, not all west bank settlements, the bombs still came.

it offered to goto the arab league summit to discuss peace, the bombs still came.

the palestinians have been offered a state seven times from balfour to taba, each time rejected and the bombs still came.

arafat was offered the gaza strip, 98% of the west bank and east jersualem, the bombs still came.

israel has bombed, the palestinians bombed back.

israel was told by appeasers to arrest palestinians, not kill them, it tries that and it doesnt work.

it built a wall, it hasnt worked.

it is now blocking movements and only bombing weapons factories, it still wont work.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

KLAX

Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:14 am

Errrrrr... I hadn't heard the word "War" leave Bush's mouth before 9/11. In fact, Bush had not done very much on the international scale before 9/11...
If you still insist that the 9/11 hijackers had a reason to commit their acts then I'm at loss for words...  Sad

But don't forget that there are people out there who also think Ariel Sharon's Government is a "terrorist government" too.

Uh yeah, they're members of the Hamas and Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade...
The problem you fail o realize is that these suicide bombers are not out for revenge or "Freedom fighters" and do not wish to create a palestinian state.
They want to kill as many civilian Israelis as possible, and destroy Israel...

-Clovis

david b.

Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:10 am

No clovis, they are civilized people who think that.

such as, its simply a terrorist sympthasiser tactic to infer or imply that israel is committing another holocaust.

Did I say that? Your extreme idea of destruction and genocide is absolutes digesting.

david b, whazt do you want israel to do?

Return to the table and restart talks. That needs to be done.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:42 pm

do what the dictatorships did.

and

Israel will be using the same methods as him.

Yeah, well when you make it that simple and dumb, then there are a lot of "methods" I do that the dictatorships do. I brush my teeth every day. Hitler brushed his teeth everyday. I like to have sex with women to have fun. Guess what muchacho!?!?! Hitler also had sex with women!!

Great job detective.  Laugh out loud

TNNH

ryanb741

Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:52 pm

I'm not sure why levelling an Arab city would help - it's the Palestinians doing the bombing, not the Arabs. It's a really difficult one. I understand the Palestinians' grievances and the fact they should have their land returned, but then I understand Israeli security concerns also. The one thing I have always found laughable is the Arab league's condemnation of Israel in its dealings with the Palestinians. Sure, the Israelis have been utter c*nts at times but the whole thing started with the Arab invasion of Israel in the first place. Add to this the fact that many of the Arab countries refuse to grant Palestinians asylum, instead sticking them in refugee camps, and it is clear that the Arabs are just as much to blams as the Palestinians in all this.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

jwenting

Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:16 am

Actually, he did. But Indirectly. His so-called "retaliation" (which didn't made any progress) has bring his country into a deeper turmoil and danger. His latest round of "retaliation" will only cause more suicidal attack as revenge.

You're sick, bigo. What you're saying is that the Israeli government is to blame for the acts of the PLO and their splinter cells BECAUSE they don't let themselves be slaughtered by that same PLO.

That's like saying that the Jews in Germany were guilty of sending themselves to the gaschambers because they were Jews and Hitler was just doing the world a favour by building the things...
I wish I were flying

Alpha 1

Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:52 pm

I'm not sure why levelling an Arab city would help - it's the Palestinians doing the bombing, not the Arabs.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, Ryan, but maybe levelling an Arab city wouldn't be such a bad idea. The financial support for the Palestinian terrorists come, for the most part, from the Arab world. Perhaps if one an Arab city is levelled, maybe that would persuade the Arabs to try to make peace with Israel, with the alternative being that the entire Arab world could be destroyed one city at a time.

Again, I do not think it's the way to go, in all honesty, but it would be an unorthodox tactic in some ways, of which the mere threat of such action could bear great fruit towards peace.

Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:37 pm

it's the Palestinians doing the bombing, not the Arabs.

Let me be a little more clear. By Arab I meant Palestinian Arab.

I think it would help by setting an ultimatum Ryan. If the Palestinian terrorists knew that if they committed Action A .......Israel would automatically react with Action B (which would be devestatin), I'd say the terrorists would think twice before committing Action A. Thoughts?

TNNH

yyz717

Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:24 pm

The following editorial appeared in one of Canada's newspapers yesterday. It makes the conclusion that Sharon's use of force in response to the PLO terrorist acts have actually resulted in fewer terrorist acts as the PLO realizes that Israel will not back down to terrorism. Palestinian opinion (collected by surveys, not through the ballet box of course) are showing a marked decline in support of terrorism as individual Palestinians come to realize Israel's resolve.

http://www.nationalpost.com/search/site/story.asp?id=4F204F11-8E49-4C7E-9C02-5C3495AB8D10

Amen! Long live democracy. Long live a national democratic resolve to retaliate strongly to all terrorist acts. Other Western nations faced with terrorism would do well to follow Israel's bold leadership.

Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:50 pm

You're sick, bigo. What you're saying is that the Israeli government is to blame for the acts of the PLO and their splinter cells BECAUSE they don't let themselves be slaughtered by that same PLO.

That's like saying that the Jews in Germany were guilty of sending themselves to the gaschambers because they were Jews and Hitler was just doing the world a favour by building the things...

Your example of German and Jews does not apply to the current situation.

Yes, Nazi's were cruel and slaughter millions of Jews. But did Jews fight back and killed all the Nazi's as a revenge? NO.

I'm not sick, and I don't believe the fact I'm pointing out is sick too.

Again, if Israel is very "successful" on their anti-terrorism war, then how come there are still terrorists out there bombing Israel?

All Israeli army knows is to kill those innocent people at the refugee camp, then claims them as "terrorists; or have a link with terrorists".

Israeli Army and Government is no better than those so-called Palestanian "Terrorists".

Ariel Sha"mo"ron apparently treats this situation as "there's no way to go back (stop retaliating). All he knows is "WAR", and he doesn't know to came up with alternatives to solve this situation.

tbar220

Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:47 pm

Bigo,

Huh huh huh, you're so clever!! Does it make you proud to say "Ariel Sha'mo'ron"? So clever, wow!

Yeah sure
NO URLS in signature

tbar220

Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:50 pm

On a more related note, the article posted above is great. It shows that you cannot reward the Palestinians anything for their violence. Israel will defend themselves as long as they are under attack, and will not give the Palestinians a thing as long as they continue to carry out these suicide attacks.
NO URLS in signature

Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:27 am

Israel will defend themselves as long as they are under attack, and will not give the Palestinians a thing as long as they continue to carry out these suicide attacks.

How about "Palestan will defend themselves as long as they are under attack, and will not give the Israelis a thing as long as Israel continues to carry out these crazy, massive, bloody attacks."  Big grin

Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:18 am

, then how come there are still terrorists out there bombing Israel?

Because there is so much organized hate in the Arab and Muslim directed at Israel. Israel has effectively become the scapegoat for all the misery and failures the Arab and Muslim worlds have sustained over the past 60 years. For the threats it has faced these past two years, it is a holy miracle only 700 Israelis have been murdered and the Israeli state has not completely crumbled into a Somalia-like morass of anarchy and famine

Kudos to the IDF, GSS, and others  Big thumbs up

TNNH