Gay "Terror Attack" In Cape Town

Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:30 pm

Police in Cape Town, South Africa are investigating a series of gruesome execution-style murders at a gay massage parlour.

At least 8 men were dead and 2 wounded on Monday.

Victims were all tied up and shot at close range, with throats got slit.

Leonard Ramatlakane, safety and security minister of Western Cape province, said he believed "organised crime was behind this."

Neighbours called police after hearing gunshots at the house about 4 a.m.

They also saw one of the injured men, with wounds on his head and neck, running out of the house to a nearby petrol station, according to the South Africa press agency.

Gay and Lesbian Equality Project in South Africa claims this incident as a "terror attack" targetting homosexuals. Recently, there were threats issued by various fringe groups that indicated an intention to perpetrate acts of violence against lesbian and gay people."

Neighbours said there had been an altercation at the house involving drug dealers, but police said they could not confirm that.

prosa

RE: Gay "Terror Attack" In Cape Town

Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:44 pm

Neighbours said there had been an altercation at the house involving drug dealers, but police said they could not confirm that.

That last sentence may be significant. The prostitution industry in the United States is often tied in with the drug scene, and I wouldn't imagine that things are any different in South Africa. In other words, this might have been a drug killing, not anti-gay violence.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

gregjet

Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:35 am

I don't like gays anyway its a sin thats what they get

Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:54 am

Gregjet

I see you want to be an airline pilot and that you hate gays.

Do us all a favour, and when you get that job (not with your attitude will you get one anyway, but I'll humour you), please be sure to let your colleagues know about this, specifically how you worded it here.

All I can say, is that I hope you like blue sauce steak!  Laugh out loud

MD-90

Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:59 am

Blue sauce steak? I've never heard of a beating described in that way before. Gee, I wonder if that could be considered a hate crime against a straight person? Nah, it'd be "justice."

Assuming that a blue sauce steak is a beating and not some queer term.

Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:29 am

I steal don't like gay I stell want to be a pilot

Und yu stil carnt spel  Insane

if a gay every touch me in any way that makes me feel like i haVE to hurt them i will I will fuck them up or if you want to be childish i would beat the hell out of them.

Hmmm.....does anyone else want to take care of this SMIB for me?

Assuming that a blue sauce steak is a beating and not some queer term

No it isn't a "beating". It is nothing violent. You see most gay people would rather not have to resort to violence to deal with an arsehole with an attitude, but would rather resort to underhand tactics to screw the other party up.

Most cabin crew will know what a blue sauced steak is.

MD-90

Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:55 am

OH! I see...I've usually thought of it as blue juice, but okay.

CPH-R

Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:39 am

I happen to know a couple of gay people, and I have to say that they are the most friendly, wicked & party-on people I have ever met Big grin - one of them is my mom's co-worker, and he's usually acting straight, but I have seen some of his friends, and they're the prototype of a generic gay person.

Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:05 am

Gregjet says:

"""I steal don't like gay I stell want to be a pilot and if a gay every touch me in any way that makes me feel like i haVE to hurt them i will I will fuck them up or if you want to be childish i would beat the hell out of them."""

And you wish to be a pilot? You can't even spell, what a total loser.

"""Aviatsiya are you gay u actin like i am taking about u if you are i hpoe u rot in hell bye"""

Obviously he doesn't realise there are a stack of gay members on a.net.

Scotty,

These people seem to creep out of the woodwork every few months, I can't really be moved to bother with someone so illiterate (there is a spell checker). Where's barcode to comment? LOL

mb

b757300

Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:25 am

Gregjet,

As a Christian, I believe that homosexuality is a sin and will send a person to hell, but in NO way does anyone deserve to die like that. Please stop spouting off garbage.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

MD-90

Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:56 pm

I agree with B757300.

WiLdmanVzla

Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:46 pm

those homophobics... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Ilyushin96M

Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:49 pm

Wouldn't it be great if admin would take the initiative and ban any user who expresses such hate and nastiness as Gregjet has?

Hope you guys are listening...

Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:05 pm

Ilyushin96M

Why would admin care? We haven't called Hepkat a wanker, Mirrodie a moron, KROC an arsewipe, etc, etc. But it seems to be perfectly ok for others to spout off at others the way that a certain sad individual has on this thread.

Fair enough, they have deleted a particular post by Gregjet, but I bet my arse (you see Gregjet, I am a fag, and I am willing to bet my arse), that if what was written in that was directed at one of the mods the person responsible would have been deleted in an instant.

Back to the topic, I doubt it would have been a terror attack. Organised crime syndicates don't go around murdering gay people because they are gay (especially as the gay community would provide them with a lot of revenue), but more likely to have something to do with unpaid debts, or some type of business transaction (someone moving in on someone else's turf).

MD-90

Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:06 pm

I don't think that'd be a good idea, Ilyushin96M.

You know, I think Mx5_boy (just an example) expressed hatred for me and Christianity. Would you ban him, too?

There's already a system in place to take care of egregiously offensive posts, and he'll learn his lessons about offending people soon enough.

jwenting

Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:15 pm

Who cares whether anyone is gay or not? As long as you leave others alone who are of a different persuasion all should be well.

Problem is that some gays have this urge to force themselves upon straight men (or women if they're lesbian) (just like some straight men have this urge to force themselves upon women). They give all gays a bad name with straight people (and we are still in a vast majority...).

It's just like religion indeed. As long as you respect other peoples' believes and don't try to force your believes upon them you can live together.

As to the subject at hand, it looks indeed more like a drugs related incident than some sort of anti-gay campaign. The latter would be far more effectively executed by taking just the offending parts of the bodies and leaving the victims alive to live with the consequences...
I wish I were flying

Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:23 pm

MD-90,

Why on earth would I respect a religion that attempts to tell me and my peers that we are going to hell, that would gladly have us removed from the earth and openly vilifies and discriminates against me?

And you agree with this:

"""I believe that homosexuality is a sin and will send a person to hell"""

How arrogant and self righteous?

I will rage against those who feel it necessary to bring a religious perspective into posts and use them against me. Personally I don't give a rats arse what brand of brainscrubbing you subscribe to, so long as you treat me equally I shall do the same. You have to remember to tone your arrogant christian ass down and respect that others DO NOT have to live by your book of lies in a democratic *free* country, so stop forcing your 2,000 year old views down peoples throats. Obviously you have none of your own.

Telling people they will go to hell because of who they are by nature is tantamount to biggest load of cobblers most people have ever heard. Gays and Lesbians are just as important as anyone else in society and should treated as equals, not as second class citizens as some of the more pious members here would like to do.

I would challenge any of you who beleive that *we* will go to hell to put it on a t-shirt or tell the respective *gay* the next time they suspect they will come across one that they *will go to hell*.

It would be interesting, particularly if you were flying.

I doubt any of you would have the guts to do it.

Hypocrites. Who are happy to vent their homophobia or zealotry on an anonymous website but would baulk at doing in the street.

mb

MD-90

RE: Gay Terror Attack In Cape Town

Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:43 pm

You know, I shouldn't have said that. I typed a long response, but then decided just to say that I agreed. I think it's pretty clear that God did not intend for us to be homosexuals, but as far as going to Hell, well Jesus' blood is just as valid for gays as it is for anyone else, such as myself.

You can be tempted to be gay, and think, "Well, this is just how I am, I'm going to have fun being gay," but it's different if you're homosexually tempted and you try to resist as opposed to embracing it. Of course, I know that I'm just wasting my time because you just think it's horrid that I personally plan on only having sex with my future wife (if that is God's will for my life). You just want to have fun, well it's all fun and games until you die and you're judged. But since you don't believe in that, I pray that one day you will find understanding.

ryanb741

Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:00 pm

I can't believe some of the attitudes of the rednecks and bible thumpers here. Firstly someone says all gays will rot in hell and then another says that according to his religion, Christianity gays will goto hell. If anyone is going to hell it is the people who hold those views.

Well, if gays do go to hell, at least they will have a chance to 'redeem' themselves - what with all those priests down there  Big grin
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:03 pm

You can be tempted to be gay, and think, "Well, this is just how I am, I'm going to have fun being gay," but it's different if you're homosexually tempted and you try to resist as opposed to embracing it.

And you know this from personal experience?

Of course, I know that I'm just wasting my time because you just think it's horrid that I personally plan on only having sex with my future wife (if that is God's will for my life).

No, I say more power to you. I am not going to condemn you for having a single partner for life. So why is it so hard for you to do the same for those gay men and women who only plan on having sex with one person?

You just want to have fun, well it's all fun and games until you die and you're judged. But since you don't believe in that, I pray that one day you will find understanding.

We all want to have fun, but your writings above seem to portray an opinion that gay men and women are sexually promiscuous, when in reality, we are no more promiscuous than straight men and women.

Ilyushin96M

Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:49 pm

The irony in Gregjet's attitude is that he is black. I find it quite hypocritical that anyone of colour should be a bigot, as well. I wonder how Gregjet would feel if any one of us spouted off an opinion as nasty and horrid as his regarding an incident involving a black person or a group of blacks, saying they deserved whatever beatings/killings/discrimination involved because of their colour? He'd probably go into a fit of rage and foam at the mouth, demanding the blood of whomever said it.

gregjet

Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:35 am

First of all I just write what's on my mind that is that I do not like gays and it is a sin. I can prove that by quoting the bible Romans 1-24 "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:"and then Aviatsiya come at me talking about blue sauce steak! So I feel threatened so I react. Then Ilyushin96M says "The irony in Gregjet's attitude is that he is black" I know many white people that feel the same way and also don't ever compare being Black to being gay to me that is one of the biggest forms of disrespect I have every encountered in my live. Because Gay people choose to be gay and black people don't. Also Mx5_boy calls me illiterate well as you can see I'm not. So if you gay go on hate what I say It is true. I don't care kick me off don't responds to me I just get another username.
I'm Out 1

gregjet

Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:43 am

Send me the T-shirt I wear all day I don't give a fuck

777236ER

Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:46 am

I can prove that by quoting the bible

LOL! You can't prove anything with a book written thousands of years ago by humans.

Your bone's got a little machine

Marco

Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:01 am

LOL! You can't prove anything with a book written thousands of years ago by humans.

Christians believe they were inspired by God through the Holy Ghost.

Mx5_boy the only hypocrite around here is you. You don't want discrimination against gays (which is fine by me) yet you go around spewing hatred towards Christians. Christians are not less human than gays.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Turbolet

Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:40 am

Gregjet, you're one of those narrow-minded, prejudiced people who make the world such a great place for us gay and bisexual people.

First of all, let me tell you that your arguments are totally senseless. We did not choose to be gay, it's something we were born with, just like your being black. So just as you hate us for being gay you could just as well hate me for having brown eyes because that's something you don't like.

Now guess why we feel the urge to speak up and fight for our rights? Because of people like you! Yes, if people just left us alone, tolerated us and didn't discriminate against us, we wouldn't have to battle the way we do.

Your quotation from the Bible does not prove anything because it's just a book which is open to interpretation. What I absolutely can't stand about Catholicism, and the prime reason why I became more or less an atheist in predominantly Catholic Malta is hypocrisy. "The Church will not condemn you for what you are, it will only condemn you for what you do. So you have no reason not to believe." says my religious friend. Big mistake! Since I am bisexual, it logically follows that I will indulge in sexual acts with other males. And that way I earn myself condemnation.

Do us all a favour:
a) Grow up.
b) Start thinking for yourself and don't let your religion brainwash you. I'm not telling you not to believe, believing is fine by me - I respect religious people as long as they respect me. And, unlike you, even my friends who are believers have accepted me and tolerate me.
c) When you do become an airline pilot, tell us all so that we can avoid your flights.

57% gay (thespark.com's estimate) or 65% gay (my own), whichever you prefer, and proud as ever,
-turbolet

Sunair

Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:48 am

First of all, I'd like to quote Desmond Tutu, former Archbishop of South Africa and really an amazing man who I've had the fortune of meeting:

"We reject [homosexuals], treat them as pariahs, and push them outside our church communities, and thereby we negate the consequences of their baptism and ours. We make them doubt that they are the children of God, and this must be nearly the ultimate blasphemy. We blame them for something that is becoming increasingly clear they can do little about. "

The world has modernized, and our society simply cannot live religiously by a book that is 2000 years old, and written by a society which was primitive, small and not at all like our society today.

Thus that statement by Romans proves irrelevant in today's society. The bible fades into even more irrelevancy when one considers how screwed up our world actually is. 99% of the world's population goes against the bible's teachings everyday. One can't have sex before marriage...and we know how many people get their grooves on every day...

So...one can't say homosexuality is a sin, because as Archbishop Tutu says, "We blame them for something that is becoming increasingly clear they can do little about." Tutu is not an idiot...he's a Nobel Peace Prize winner and is known worldwide.

And he's correct when he says gay guys can "do little about" their homosexuality, because that's WHO they are. It's not a choice, gregjet. I mean, let's use logic. Why would any guy want to be gay in a world that condemns them? Why are there so many closeted cases in the world? Because they are fearful of expressing who they are, when they know they'll be told that they're going to hell. That's why. Because they are told that what they are is a sin.

And as I've said above, to say it's a sin is highly hypocritical coming from the rest of the world, when everyone commits a sin everyday.

And one more thing, if you insist on quoting the bible, I can throw just as many quotes back at you to say that you should love your neighbour, you shouldn't play God...I could go on.

So you see, to say homosexuality is a sin...is wrong. To quote statements from the bible...is irrelevant in today's society. To say being Gay is a choice... is BS. And to say these guys deserved what they got... is just plain nasty.

Lastly, I'd like to say that firstly not all Christians think the same way that some people on a.net do. Most Christians I know try their best to love all and serve all.

I'd also like to say, that as a Christian myself, we (those that believe in God) are all children of God. And for one child to say another is not alowed in this world is - in one word - wrong.

Peace.

[Edited 2003-01-23 22:52:20]

ryanb741

Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:04 am

Sunair - I too have met Tutu - he handed me my degree certificate at my graduation at King's College London (he is an alumni of the university) and the student nightclub is even called 'Tutu's'!!! Big grin
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:21 am

I have held my tongue on these discussions of homosexuality since I joined a.net. It has been better for me not to spout off rhetoric and spew childish things I would regret later. Finally I am going to weigh in with a few thoughts.

MD90: I’ve watched your posts with a sense of wonder for the past few months. I was born and reared in Mississippi and spent the first 25 years of my life there before relocating to Canada. From that standpoint, I understand the passion behind your posts. Outside observers can be quick to flame you for some of your thoughts and beliefs, but I know from growing up in the pervasive religious atmosphere in the Deep South that you really believe with conviction what you write. I am not going to single you out for criticism because I do not know you as a person, only as an online entity. However, one of the main reasons I left Mississippi was because known or unknown to many people, the good ole boy policies are alive and well in the Hospitality State.

If you are a Caucasian heterosexual Christian male in Mississippi, then the world can be your oyster. I attended Delta State University for a period of time and made many friends of this sort there. The highlights of the week were Wednesday at the Baptist Student Union for a free lunch and fellowship. Youth group activities were the talk of the day for many students. I am in full agreement that these are great activities for spiritual growth for young Christians. However, many of these same friends would talk disparagingly about niggers and faggots and would go out on all night benders where they would drink themselves into oblivion. This was where I started to have a problem. It seemed to me that many had a form of godliness but were denying the power. Are they merely strongly religious or really spiritual?

I find it interesting that you weigh in on every discussion involving homosexuality. You alone know the reasons you do that, but I think your convictions would be much more palatable if you could write them less often and with quiet confidence born out of personal conviction rather than needing to find obscure internet articles written by unknown persons or in the case of the feminization of American males, Pat Buchanan.

At a base level, I do not know what to think of homosexuality. I too was taught for the first 20 years of my life that homosexuality was one of the most abominable sins known to mankind. You can hardly imagine then what that does to a person like myself who knew there was something attractive about other guys years before I even knew one thing about sexuality.

My partner and I have been together in a monogamous relationship for three years. We share an apartment and pool the resources from our jobs to make a living. We work during the week and spend quiet weekends at home playing on the computer, watching television, and relaxing. Our sexuality is our business and ours alone. We do not share it with others unless asked about it. We find the concepts of lots of anonymous sex, drug use, and a “gay ghetto” attitude as unattractive as you do. We do not try to lure young boys into our clutches, and while we think that homosexual partnerships should be recognized by governments, we believe that matrimony is a heterosexual institution and should remain such. We do not lust after heterosexual men; to us they share the same status as women. We have gay friends and straight friends. What I’m trying to say is that the course of our lives has minimal impact if any on anyone but ourselves. Why then should it invoke such heated and fiery debate and rhetoric from the religious and conservative? Many contemporary issues such as domestic violence, hate crimes of any nature, & racism is where society is being negatively impacted and society as a whole would benefit much more if the same amount of effort were put forth in those directions.

I can't help but add this tidbit at the end. Many of you, and you too MD90, might be surprised if you really knew who was gay. I was highly closeted in Mississippi and got into an inside track at Delta State University, and it was surprising to me to find just how often homosexuality transcended lines of religion and marriage among other things. Perhaps I was too passive in my approach, but I was just another "one of the boys" there. It would be interesting to know what some of those outspoken antigay buddies of mine would say if they only knew.

[Edited 2003-01-24 00:28:52]

[Edited 2003-01-24 00:31:34]

gregjet

Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:39 am

Ok people Do not relate being black and being gay it is not the same and most gay people that i have spoken to say they choose to be gay. I'ts like you sayin i hate taking it up the ass but I have to. Right come on I mean really that type of stuff is not natrual lets face it.

mbmbos

Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:39 am

YVR, you're a very good writer and rhetorician.

Thank you for your insight.

- MBM

Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:04 am

Marco says:

"""Mx5_boy the only hypocrite around here is you. You don't want discrimination against gays (which is fine by me) yet you go around spewing hatred towards Christians. Christians are not less human than gays."""

Marco do you ever actually read my posts properly? When have I said I hate all christians? When have I said christians are less human than gays? Particularly when all I ask is equality and an end to discrimination?

I repeat, why would I respect or like a religion that discriminates against me?

Yvr764,

Thankyou for posting that. Brilliant.

Gregjet,

You have some serious issues little buddy.

mb

MD-90

Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:23 am

Yvr764, you are absolutely correct in many ways. I'm actually not a resident of Mississippi, I'm just going to school here, but Alabama is just the same. I suppose I really am a hypocrite, then. I have a really good friend who's gay. He is a junior in high school, and some people know he's gay, but not all that terribly many. He suffers a lot. He goes to my church (in fact, God used him to get me to start going to that church), even. the truth is, life is hard for him. He wants to have a wife and a family one day, and yet he's told me that he literally can't love a woman. He says he tries not to lust after guys but he can't help it. I say I'm a hypocrite because I don't act the same way around him that I do on this forum. He's having a really tough time just trying to figure out how to be himself. I tend not to say things to him like I do on this forum, but some of the militant gays here just set me off. I know I probably shouldn't say anything, that usually the Christian thing to do is just to shut up and leave them alone. But I certainly have problems with sin in my own life, especially regarding when I do what I want to do and not what God wants me to do.

The highlights of the week were Wednesday at the Baptist Student Union for a free lunch and fellowship.

Here it's called Noonday and it costs $3.00.

However, many of these same friends would talk disparagingly about niggers and faggots and would go out on all night benders where they would drink themselves into oblivion.

Here you'll probably find that in some of the fraternity houses, but I haven't met a single person at the BSU like that.

I find it interesting that you weigh in on every discussion involving homosexuality. You alone know the reasons you do that, but I think your convictions would be much more palatable if you could write them less often and with quiet confidence born out of personal conviction rather than needing to find obscure internet articles written by unknown persons or in the case of the feminization of American males, Pat Buchanan.

Personally I think he had some very valid points, but so do you. Quiet confidence is much more effective than godhatesfags.com (that man is distorting Christianity for his own warped views and he is NOT a Christian like the Bible tells us to be Christians).

Jesus' blood was pure enough to save anyone from their sins, whether they are gay, were straight but had sex before marriage, murdered someone, lied on their tax return, etc. That's what I believe. But I think it's sad that a lot of gays are turned off from God because we Christians don't do what we should do.

Ilyushin96M

Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:00 pm

Gregjet, why don't you bleach your skin white, buy yourself some coloured contacts, dye your hair and try living as a white person? You don't seem to grasp the concept that sexuality is no more a choice than gender or race. Truthfully, I'm hardly interested in the opinions of a relative child as to what is and isn't true, and the religious arguments are boring and tedious. Go ahead, throw the bible at anyone you want to support your arguments. The thing is full of errors, and was written by men. So who cares what it says, or what you say, for that matter? And FYI, I WILL compare being black to being gay, because it IS no more of a choice. Furthermore, nobody who is not gay and has not experienced the struggle that often results in coming to terms with it has ANY right WHATSOEVER to say whether or not it's a choice. If you do, you're just showing how pathetically ignorant and backwards you are.

The fact that some poor souls choose to deny their true selves and suffer for Jeeziz or whatever god they purport to believe in is a tragedy and indicates that society still has a long way to evolve before people can just live and let live. I swore off organised religion when I saw and experienced the horrible hypocrisy overly-religious and self-righteous people are laced with, and the awful hate and intolerance they are often guilty of. If you're going to claim to be a Christian, fine, but back it up with the acceptance and love your religion teaches. Otherwise, you're just another hypocrite. And a frightful bore.

Last thing - respect is earned, not given. So far, Gregjet, you've earned nothing but disrespect here.

Beefmoney

Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:35 pm

Im sick of this.

Look, every single one of us deserves to go to hell. OK? Being gay doesnt give you a one way ticket to hell any more than telling a lie does.

Im a Christian and Im sick of how other Christians go around telling gay people they are going to hell. How arrogant is that??? Every single one of us deserves to go to hell!!! Ill say it again if I need to. The ONLY thing that makes a difference in where you will go after death is your acceptance of Jesus. THATS IT! Being gay does NOT mean you will go to hell. Not accepting Jesus means you will go to hell. Simple as that.

Only hipocrites tell others that they are going to hell for being sinners. We are all sinners! I am, you are, we all are! Nothing will change that. But accepting Jesus is what changes your destination.

Got it?

ryanb741

Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:08 pm

Maybe all Christians should look at the example of the more moderate Church of England, where the idea of 'Hell' is redundant and there are openly gay priests.

It makes me laugh all those losers saying how gay people are all going to hell and then on other posts saying how Islam is an oppressive religion!!!

I am straight BTW, I just possess the intelligence to make my own conclusions about what constitutes 'good' and 'evil'. And what people do in the privacy of their own beds between consenting adults is up to them. But if two people love each other, whether heterosexual or homosexual, surely that can only be a good thing?

BTW - Gregjet - The gentleman doth protest too loudly methinks. Feeling a bit repressed are we?  Big grin

Turbolet

Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:47 pm

All this reminds me of the double discrimination I got from my friend Charles this morning as he was telling jokes.

The first joke was anti-Maltese. Fair enough, most of us in the group are dual citizens. However, most are proud of their other nationality. I am proud of being Maltese.

The second joke was about a gay person going to heaven. I am the only person in the group who is bisexual, i.e. partly gay. I gave him such a nasty look that he was wondering whether he should continue telling the joke. "Go on, now that you've started it, I want to hear.", I told him. It turned out to be funny albeit discriminatory.

-turbolet

gregjet

Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:45 am

I hope yall not tryin to change my mind or make me feel bad I'm doin this for fun pissin off gay people it's a big joke because I know whats right I'll Holler

Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:15 pm

Gregjet,

Why on earth would you want to piss off gay people? What has any gay person done to you for you to want to diss them? Or are you an immature little boy that is so unsecure in himself he feels the need to pick on someone that he considers *lower* than himself?

Think of this little man, if you think that gays are nothing but hairdressers or bar people think again. If there is a profession to be had we are there and we are queer. There is not a single profession that we are not in, so you chances of coming across gay people *everywhere* is a given. We are your school teachers, firemen, policeman, public servants, heart surgeons, equities traders, mechanics etc etc.

Grow up small pee pee man.

Turbolet,

I don't get offended by gay jokes. It's part of growing up and accepting people for who they are - they are usually (as with blonde & Irish jokes) delivered with good humour and not hatred. If someone is really taking the piss out of gays with jokes then stand your ground and tell someone that they obviously have a problem.

I'll tell you about my last husband, who needed to entertain guys from Llyods of London as his company was a re-insurance one. One of these fat ugly looking insurance brokers was a huge homophobe and took the piss out of gays all evening at a dinner party we had to hold for them. As they were in Australia on our invite to get more re-insurance stuff out of them we kept our mouths closed and they had an expense account with the Regent Hotel that we kept them in.

This particular vile British gentleman (if you can say that) had a charge on his account from *Bretts Boys* which is a well know male escort agency in Sydney. My husbands company paid the bill but questioned the *Bretts Boys* charge and the uneasy homophobic Brit claimed it was a massage.

**yeah right**

Those who condemn us the most are usually closeted cases who can't come to terms with their sexuality. [insert - read this gregjet]

Cheers,

mb

Turbolet

Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:22 pm

Those who condemn us the most are usually closeted cases who can't come to terms with their sexuality.

Well said Mx5_boy! If someone hates gays a lot, chances are that they are hiding their sexuality. Perhaps they don't even know about it, but in many cases that's how it is.

Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:50 pm

Turbolet,

The problem is that these people have had whatever brand of brainwashing on them that *gay* people are bad, that they cannot come to terms with themselves and are desperately unhappy. It's a well known psychosis, hatred of those of who you are. Which is why our parents and institutions need to educate that it is OK to be gay. That it is OK to be who we are and that we should be protected from the bigots in society.

I don't feel I am a different person to someone sitting next to on the ferry.

Here is an excellent resource for bible thumpers out there, just when you thought that straight men were *straight* men...

http://www.squirt.org

Read the *beats* and reports from guys on all the *stuffed up* straight guys that go to these place for gay sex as they can't come to terms with their sexuality. Says something about society doesn't it?

mb

Turbolet

Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:53 am

Exactly. But I'm kinda glad that I don't take philosophy: my friends' philosophy teacher told them that he thinks that gay people are freaks, just like rapists or murderers and need treatment from a psychiatrist.
"Oh really?, I told them, "Well, next time you see him, tell him...", and I made a rather rude gesture.
Why doesn't it surprise me that he's a priest? The Maltese Church is kinda dogmatic to say the least...

jcxp15

Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:28 am

OK. People aren't born "gay". They use that as an excuse as far as I am concerned. You're born with some kind of problem with eventually leads you to having an easier choice of being gay. Let me set things straight by saying that I have nothing against gay people at all...

As far as the bible goes. It condemns homosexuality. Of course if you are gay you are going to refute the Bible, just as if I started a new religion saying "killing people is the only way to heaven", those who weren't killing people would refute my religion just as much.
Fact is over 50% of the world believes in a religion that condems homosexuality, so you can not care to agree with the Bible, but you cannot completely dismiss it.
I believe that if you believe that Jesus Christ died for you and your sins, then no matter what color, what sexual preference etc.. you're going to heaven.

Gay people aren't bad, they just have some kind of imbalance. Man was put here to mate with women, and start generations. Gay people obviously cannot have kids, and if everyone was gay, there would be no people left in 100 years. That is a problem, which is why people equate gay with being a problem and a bad thing.

Anyway, you might be a great person, but if you are gay, there is something wrong with you, maybe not necessarily your fault... Again, I have no problem with gay people, rather pity them...

Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:10 pm

Jcxp15 says:

"""Anyway, you might be a great person, but if you are gay, there is something wrong with you, maybe not necessarily your fault... Again, I have no problem with gay people, rather pity them..."""

What is there to pity? Some people have some totally screwy ideas. I certainly don't beleive there is anything wrong with myself, and if others (my peers did) did I would certainly not be in the position I am in now.

Why christians always throw the bible at us when they are being intolerant?

We show credible and realistic *proof* we are human and we get some 2,000 year old book written to control man by *man* thown at us?

mb

Turbolet

Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:52 am

Aha Jcxp15, maybe you'd be exactly the kind of person who would enjoy talking to Fr Vince Pavia, the philosophy teacher I mentioned. He too seems to suggest that gay people are in some way ill and need treatment.

Stop feeding us this crap all of you people! We're happy with ourselves, we're just as normal as anyone else and we're not attacking anyone intentionally, unlike happens to us. And we're not gay because of a 'problem', maybe it is a trait inside us, I mean obviously there's a difference between us and straight people in genetic makeup. This certainly does not mean that we're freaks or anything.

Now I'm not against the Bible if people read it in a sensible way. But these anti-gay interpretations really piss me off.

-turbolet

MD-90

Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:06 pm

So, was there any follow up in the news about whether this really was a gay murder or a drug deal gone bad or something else? Or did the reporters just flash out "gay terror attack" and leave it at that?

saa737-244

Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:12 am

So, was there any follow up in the news about whether this really was a gay murder or a drug deal gone bad

Police are now convinced it was a revenge killing for stolen drug money. The victims were indeed all gay, but it's doubtful that was a factor in the killings. The police have a pretty good idea of who the killers are (CCTV footage, witnesses who were asked directions to the house, etc), so it's apparently just a matter of time before they are arrested. Two of the masseurs at the house had allegedly kept several hundred thousand rands of drug sales money for themselves, and the killers were sent from Johannesburg to get it back. Neither of the two guys who took the money were there that night, and both are now "co-operating with the investigation". The single survivor's account seems to colloborate that theory, apparently.

mattnrsa

Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:13 pm

Has anyone else noticed that Gregjet has not posted anything on this topic since it was pointed out that his intolerance of gays most likely implies his own homosexuality?

MX5_boy...I think you're on to something!

MD-90

Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:17 pm

More likely he just got bored of it.

UAL747

Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:55 pm

Okay folks,

The queer that "wants everyone to know he's queer" is gonna speak.

Gregjet,
Buddy, first of all, I DID NOT, and I repeat, DID NOT decide to be gay. I had no intention of being sexually attracted to men. For you to say that I chose is the same thing for me to say you chose to be straight. Can I ask you something? Say if you were with a woman, and she was sitting on your lap naked, rubbing all up on your junk, kissing you, and all the other things she could do. Can you control your erection? Would you be able to not get hard? Now, say a man did the same thing to you. You probably wouldn't get hard and be turned on, would you? (even if you would you probably wouldn't admit it, but I believe you wouldn't). Anyway, we'll look at me. Say a woman gets naked rubs up on me and performs oral sex on me. I wouldn't be turned on, and I wouldn't get an erection most likely. Now, if a man did that to me, I would be turned on as hell.

My point is, we can't control our sexual attractions. Of course, we could not let ourselves do those things, but we would be bottling up emotions and a possible beautiful relationship with another human. You have every right to post how you feel; however, you have no idea what you are talking about. Why? Because you have never been gay. It's also people like you who make people like me want to kill themselves, harm themselves, or become a social recluse.

I was raised Southern Baptist, one of the most conservative religious organizations in the world, and definitely one of the most conservative in Christianity. I had a very hard time accepting myself as a gay man. However, I know that I'm close to God, and I live my life to the best standards that I humanly can.

What I find insanely crazy is that 'you' think that you have the divine right to tell the world who IS and who ISN't going to hell. Only God can judge that, and for you to put yourself on the level of God is a sin in itself. Same Goes for all those who try to judge others. God is FAR from human comprehension. The Bible was written by humans divinely inspired by Christ. BUT, their human minds, no matter how divinely inspired they were, could never come close to understanding the miracle of God. So, please don't try to equate yourself with God.

Also, it IS interesting, or rather troubling that this bigotry comes from someone who is black. No matter whether you think gay people chose to be gay, or if they didn't, you are prejudice against us because we are different. You know, I can almost bet your aren't catholic. So who do you think the US was settled by? People came here at first because of religious persecution. Most of them being protestant. It was their choice to be protestant. So, with your logic, everyone living in Europe should hate you because you are
protestant.

Also, you live in a country of tolerance. If you don't like gay people, that's fine and dandy. But you have no right to purposely hurt those who are. If you think you have that right, then I have the right to make you sit at the back of the bus. (which of course I would never do). I can also understand why you say the things you do. I am from the south, but I've been fortunate enough to attend very good, liberal schools. One's that preach tolerance, not hatred. I have come in contact with people from all walks of life. Gay, straight, agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, etc. What I found is that education about people that are different than ourselves should be a number one priorty for any human. From education comes tolerance, and from tolerance comes peace. By your logic, I can somewhat equate you to Hitler and his attitudes towards Jews. You see, people living during that time in Germany and across Europe had a choice to be a Jew. However, it was because of this choice, they were murdered, slain, and kept in concentration camps. They lived through a hell probably none of us can comprehend. But by your logic, you make it alright to hate them because it was their choice to be Jewish.

Your ideals and morals are wrong here my friend. First of all, don't play God, and secondly, don't forget, we are all human, and we are all we have here on this earth until we reach our final destination whether it be north or south.

P.S. Read my post called, "A letter to a former therapist" in the non-aviation forum and see what a hell people like you put gay people through. Then talk to us.

UAL747
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way