digitalone

Does Anyone Believe In Horoscopes Or FengShui?

Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:32 pm

I was previously a skeptic, but recently, I have been easing up on my skeptisism. This is because a strong believer friend of mine went through some VERY accurate 'conincidents'. I use the word coincidents because there was not one, but 2 precise readings from her horoscope this week. It was quite scary, even for a skeptic like me.

aa61hvy

RE: Does Anyone Believe In Horoscopes Or FengShui?

Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:26 am

I think horoscopes use a too general choice of words. I'll read them out of sheer boredom, but I don't take them too seriously.
Go big or go home

mirrodie

Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:07 am

Horoscopes are a joke in my opinion.

However I do subscribe to some of what Feng Shui advises as well as Tantra.

But that is a whole other ballgame.

Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

gotAirbus

Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:22 am

Horoscopes? I normally do read it for interest and forget about it.

Feng Shui? It's not tied to any religion; just an art of proper object placement. I practice it (sometimes as I'm not good at it) as I feel that the way you place things at home or outside really do relaxes the mind and invite more space and light.

Just don't get too obsessed with them though...will wreck your brain psychologically. For example, are you willing to pay $500 to change the shape of your ceiling because a Feng Shui expert or a book says it will cause you trouble.

(gotAirbus?)
(gotAIRBUS?) - (Got Commonality?) - (Have A Nice Flight!)

Superfly

Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:15 am

I am a Taurus and we are known to be great lovers. I've been told that many times as well.  Smile
I am sexually compatible with women of all other signs in the horoscope.

FengShui?
Well last year our company had some FengShui 'experts' come in to bring some 'positive energy' to the office.
Well a month later, 33 people were laid off.
Thanks a lot for your positive energy.  Yeah sure

Bring back the Concorde

seb146

Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:13 am

Some horoscopes seem more accurate than others. The one I read in the newspapaer is never accurate but there is one I subscribe to on-line that is accurate about relationships. It is way off when it talks about my job.

Feng Shui...... I thought that was a bunch of nonsense but when I look back on different apartments I have had, there seemed to be a much better aura when the furniture was arranged differently. I don't need to worry about that anymore since all of my stuff is in one room of a two bedroom apartment!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

LHMark

Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:47 am

Digitalone, how many other horoscoped days have gone by without any coincidences?

Probability, folks. That's what horoscopes and cold readers rely upon. This site will tell you all you need to know.

http://www.randi.org
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller