Iraq To Attack Kuwait If US Stirkes

Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:24 am

During an interview with CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz says that Iraq will attack Kuwait if US attacks. Aziz says that Iraq is unlikely to attack continental US.

Iraq has threaten that US will suffer bigger losses than September 11 if Iraq strikes back. Aziz says that Iraq has no ability and is unlikely to do so.

But Aziz claims if US forces enters from Kuwait, the country will not rule out any possibilities to strike in Kuwait.

Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990. Aziz claims Kuwait is the "war ground", US troops are now gathering at Kuwait, preparing to attack Iraq. Iraq will strike any places where US troops comes from as "self-defence".

GDB

RE: Iraq To Attack Kuwait If US Stirkes

Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:29 am

And drive right into all that US/UK heavy armour?
Poor old Aziz, he's got a rotten job hasn't he? (Apparently Saddam has threatened to kill his family at least once).

lehpron

Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:44 am

Let me guess, that fact that Iraq is making this threat makes them capable terrorists and therefore guilty of 9/11, huh?  Yeah sure

"Iraq has threaten that US will suffer bigger losses than September 11 if Iraq strikes back. Aziz says that Iraq has no ability and is unlikely to do so."

How's this for all you guys who swear that Iraq's military is capable of world domination? Or is this guilt, for what, their arrogance? Or what they did to us...yeah, what was that again?

These two contradict, can you figure it:

"Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz says that Iraq will attack Kuwait if US attacks. Aziz says that Iraq is unlikely to attack continental US.

But Aziz claims if US forces enters from Kuwait, the country will not rule out any possibilities to strike in Kuwait."
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

david b.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:49 am

Right. Their T72 tanks do not have DU armor. Just explosive reactive armor.

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/du_ii/du_ii_tabf.htm
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

heavymetal

Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:10 am

Iraq has neither the capable armour, air power or offensive weaponry to make anything but a suicide run at the wall of superior firepower gathering in the Kuwait desert near the Iraqi border. Aziz has been getting his lines from whatever bush league rhetoric manual Saddam got 'Mother of all Battles' from.

Howver, Scud missle attacks into US military staging areas in Kuwait is a real possibility. If the tips of those missles contain sarin or VH nerve gas, or worse, botulinium, it could get ugly.

The military insists it has revised technology and tactics to find and neutralize Scud launching sites faster and more efficiently than Gulf War I. we'll see.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:20 am

How's this for all you guys who swear that Iraq's military is capable of world domination?

my dear Lehpron. Confused again. Not world domination. Regional domination. Regional. R-E-G-I-O-N-A-L.

TNNH

david b.

RE: Iraq To Attack Kuwait If US Strikes

Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:42 am

my dear Lehpron. Confused again. Not world domination. Regional domination. Regional. R-E-G-I-O-N-A-L.

Riiiiiight. Look at the pic above, the Iraq military can dominate anyone. Not themselves, nobody. They can use WMD like HM said or they could dominate in
streetfights a la Mogadishu.

We're Nuts

Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:48 am

Why thank you, TNNH. You've just proven that it is none of our business.
Dear moderators: No.

lehpron

Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:50 am

"my dear Lehpron. Confused again. Not world domination. Regional domination. Regional. R-E-G-I-O-N-A-L."

Didn't somebody say Iraq was a threat to the world, or just the US? How are either regional, hmm? E-X-P-L-A-I-N
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

david b.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:58 am

Somebody wants to to believe it is so he can send in tens of thousands of soilders to kill the man who tried to kill his daddy.

cfalk

Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:19 am

Because the Middle East as a region has great economic effects on the entire developed world, even countries that don't by a drop of oil from there.

Duh.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

david b.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:29 am

Because the Middle East as a region has great economic effects on the entire developed world, even countries that don't by a drop of oil from there.

Oooookaaaay..........Such as?

OO-AOG

Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:30 am

says that Iraq will attack Kuwait if US attacks

Great, I'm supposed to be in Kuwait in March....
Falcon....like a limo but with wings

david b.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:31 am

Bring a gas mask and a radiation suit. You'll be fine  Big thumbs up

cfalk

Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:05 am

Oooookaaaay..........Such as?

Heelllooooo!!! Have you looked at your home heating bill, electric bill, and car fuel bills lately? Oil prices rise disproportionately to actual threat of disruption. Even if your part of the world doesn't by a drop from the middle east, the price of Venezualan and Aslaskan crude will rise if ME sources are threatened. And thanks to people against nuclear power, most of the world's power still comes from fossil fuel power plants.

That's for starters.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

david b.

Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:21 am

Hey I love nuke power. It's clean and efficent. Now, take a look at the back of a city bus when it starts up. Oil and coal burning gives off more radiation then a nuke plant.