Topic Author

"Street Smarts" ...staged Or No?

Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:43 am

I seem to be on TV show thread streak so Ill keep it going with yet another show that I think makes a good topic...Street Smarts...if you havent seen it, its a game show, where the host goes all over the country asking a bunch of fairly easy questions to people on the street, then back in the studio the contestants pretty much have to guess if the people he interviewed got them right or wrong, thats the general gist of anyway, in watching this, the people that get interviewed, they seem to miss the easiest questions he throws at them...I find it hard to believe that so many people can be that naive/ignorant...even I somewhat think its staged so that the people give bad answers on purpose...regardless, its good for a laugh or two...

What do you think?

Chief college football stadium self-pic guru

RE: "Street Smarts" ...staged Or No?

Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:07 am

I see people that ignorant and dumb everyday so don't be too shocked. Heck I knew some kids that thought there were 52 states. Canada and Puerto Rico were 51 and 52 according to them. This was a bunch of 7th Grade students in a geography class here in FL.

Quite a few morons in college too, guess standardized testing doesn't weed them all out.
fuddle duddle

Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:38 pm

Im a Sophomore in High School and I was talking to one of my fellow classmates when I started talking about the Sun. While I was talking about it, I mentioned that it was a star. This BOGGLED HIS MIND. For upwards of 10 minutes we argued whether the Sun was a star. This blew my mind, that he didnt know the sun was a star. His main arguments were that "you cant see stars in the day time" and "The sun is burning, and stars are just balls of gas."

He still seems hesitant to recognize what the Sun really is, but hes still my best friend, so I cut him a little slack.  Smile

Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:53 pm

In Canada I know many students here who don't know what party the PM belongs to. What happened with OJ Simpson and so on. They don't watch the news and it really reflects in their conversations and grammer. "Funner, Madder" words like those.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:39 pm

Keep in mind though, they cull the correct responses and show only the incorrect ones. In truth, they probably have to ask quite a few people to get the incorrect answers they want.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:25 pm

And they film the show in California.

That smog does something to the brain.

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:10 pm

I agree with Transactoid. They probably spend quite a bit of time searching for just the right moron who stands out. Off topic, I remember once seeing a woman who said "Top Gun" was her favorite movie and when asked to finish the line "I feel the need...the need for ______" she said "". Now, that is dumb.