desertjets

I Hate The Snow Aka Another East Coast Snow Storm

Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:01 am

Well... I am glad to be home for the day. As I look out my window I see big, chunky, wet flakes of snow coming down pretty quickly. I'd say around 4-5" of snow right now, with it forecasted to keep coming till tomorrow (Friday) morning.

My question is, when will it end? It seems that this winter every 7-10 days we get a decent sized winter storm. And this one comes a week and a half after the last big one which dumped 7 inches of sleet here. I mean it was almost all melted from the last storm. All of this makes me want to move back to Tucson. Though I suppose Spring begins in less than a month.

End rant.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

david b.

RE: I Hate The Snow Aka Another East Coast Snow Storm

Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:03 am

I loooooooooove the snow  Big thumbs up Big grin  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Superfly

Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:34 am

DesertJets:
Wanna trade weather?

This has to be the warmest and sunniest winter I've ever seen. Usually in San Francisco it's rainy and foggy this time of year. I miss those Indiana winters I had as a child.  Sad
You should be happy you have snow, you can go outside and make a snowman. Big grin

That God Damn Groundhog said we were to have 6 more weeks of winter.
That lying rodent!  Pissed

Bring back the Concorde

desertjets

Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:57 am

How can you complain Superfly?!? Unseasonably beautiful weather in America's most beautiful city... are you smoking crack or something? You don't have to shovel sunshinse, or slip on clear blue skies. But to each his own I guess.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

maiznblu_757

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:00 am

Unseasonably beautiful weather in America's most beautiful city...are you smoking crack or something?

If you are talking about San Francisco, I think smoking crack.

Superfly

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:05 am

DesertJets;
I do miss the 4 seasons of the Great Lakes area.

Tell your boss you got snowed in and can't make it to work.
Bring back the Concorde

heavymetal

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:17 am

PBI under scattered clou..uhhh...sun, mercury's at a cozy 76. Off to the bar for a rum & tonic.

The good news is the runway's in working order. My advice is to use it...soon!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Tbird

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:21 am

This is certainly a winter to remember but I'm ready for the warm weather to get here. I like the snow but not every week. All I know is next week I'll be in Vegas and it's suppose to be in the low 70's and sunny, I can't wait.

USAFHummer

Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:15 am

Anything from 3-10 inches forecasted here in PHL tonight...I could use a snowday right about now so Im praying for a fair amount...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

L-188

Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:13 pm

It was 40 degrees here in ANC yesterday!!!

They had to truck in snow for a nordic relay race over at Kinkaid Park!!!

They are supposed to due the cerimonial start to the Iditarod on Monday, They are going to get the railroad to haul in 11 miles worth of snow in for the trails. Everything else is bare ground.

The race itself is going to start up in FAI on Monday.

It will be a weird one.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.