tu144d

Film Critics Are Jerks

Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:39 pm

I'm so sick and tired of film critics commenting on what is and what isn't a good movie. I'm sick of their pseudo-intellectual bs. At one point they will praise a movie for it's character development or something and then they will trash another movie for doing the same thing just cuz they feel like it. But most of all, I'm annoyed by this general idea that there is a formula for determing what is and what is and isn't a good movie. I admit, there are certain things that make a good movie, but there is no magic equation. Movie-making is not a science. I'm an engineer, i know what exact science means. I say to all those critcs, let people like what they want, and stop pretending you are high and mighty and know better than them. Get a real job.

-Vikram-

airplay

RE: Film Critics Are Jerks

Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:50 pm

Yah..I hate people who don't agree with me too!

Smile

Transactoid

Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:20 pm

How are they preventing YOU from seeing and enjoying a movie?

And there is a formulaic approach, of sorts, to making and analyzing films: Choice of actors, screenplay, directorial approach, appropriate choice in music, quality/originaliy in set design, expressiveness of cinematograpy, *script* of course.......

L-188

Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:56 pm

I used to have a system with Siskel and Egbert.

I went to the ones that they didn't recommend
I didn't go to the ones they liked
And I flipped a coin if they split

It worked pretty well.

RIP Siskel.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.