David_itl
Topic Author

Parking Ticket Issued To Bus At Bus Stop

Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:36 pm

Seems we have some very eager traffic wardens in Manchester who issued a parking ticket to a bus who had the temerity to stop at a bus stop and pick up passengers. The reason given is that it was parking "in a restricted area", by which the warden meant it was "restricted to buses".

The full stupidity of the situation is explained in this Manchester Evening News story.

Fortuitously, the ticket has been cancelled and the warden sent for retraining. I wonder why they are targetting buses when every weekday, when going home through the "curry mile" in the rush hour, the bus lanes are fully occupied with "illegally" parked cars which no-one does anything about!

David

cfalk

RE: Parking Ticket Issued To Bus At Bus Stop

Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:11 pm

I expect that warden was on a peace march last weekend too.

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. I won't do it again - promise  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

707CMF

Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:56 pm

I expect that warden was on a peace march last weekend too.
Issuing tickets for those who disagreed with their government ?

Sorry, that toot was a cheap shot. I won't do it again - promise  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Antoine

jwenting

Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:16 am

In 2001 a parking ticket was issued to an ambulance parked at the emergency entrance to a hospital in Amsterdam.
Same year a hearse was wheelclamped in front of a cemetary in Amsterdam, it had been carrying a coffin from the church to the cemetary for burrial.

I think ticketing a bus on a busstop is nothing weird...
I wish I were flying

nonrevman

Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:25 am

Hopefully this kind of thing will not spread to America. Otherwise, a lot of people are going to be getting parking tickets for being "illegally parked" on the highway during rush hour.

David_itl
Topic Author

Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:50 pm

Nonrevman.....hate to say it your scenario has almost been played out! Today's Manchester Evening News highlights another traffic warden who appears to have left their brain at home....

A lady driver was in a car crash in the rush hour which caused her several injuries. The emergency services then moved the car out of the way of the traffic by putting it by the pavement. The car was allegedly written off but this did not stop the warden issuing a parking ticket for "parking in a restricted area". Thankfully, the ticket has been cancelled and the warden sent for retraining.

David