ROTFLMAO. And you live in Canada, just north of here? And you REALLY BELIEVE THIS? HAHAHAHAHA!! Airplay, you look more foolish by the minute! It's really getting sad!
Yah..I guess you're right Alpha1. The US government would never lie or cover up anything would they??
Watergate, Iran/Contra, Sexing up Interns, CIA
LSD experiements, Agent Orange, Gulf War Syndrome, Tailhook, Patrio missles, Whitewater , I think they were all just framed.
Do you really think my little theory is all that unbeleiveable?
There's no gag order. If that were the case, there'd be no discussion on the networks at debating the wisdom of the war, and believe me, there is debate going on. There are a lot of people against the war getting on the airwaves, even FOX, amazingly enough.
Simple math. How many people watch Leno? How many people watch the news?
What's the average IQ
of each? If you want the longest reach, with coverage of the "dimmest bulbs" you don't attack the news. You attack the mind candy shows.
I've told you again and again Alpha1, I don't hate the US. Of course you ignore those posts and ask me the same question over and over.
Where do my opinions come from? Surprise surprise. Americans. I deal with Americans every day. I conduct business in the US. I have long philosophical discussions with Americans over dinner fairly often. As much as I respect the people and their countries, I am sometimes surprised by the nature of the questions I am asked and also amazed by the forthrightness of the person asking.
What do we talk about?
1) How they percieve Canada as a failure in Democracy
2) How Canada has a health care system that actually kills people
3) How ridiculous it is that we are denied guns
4) How we harbor terrorists who are just waiting to sneak across the border
5) How the US has saved Canada in various wars
6) How outrageous our accents are
7) How polite but relatively dim-witted Canadians are
8) How our money is worthless
9) How we should become the 51st state...or wait until we're taken over
10) How the US can take us over no problem
11) How Canada is a nice place to hunt and fish, but it really has nothing to offer Americans in the way of business
12) How the US can't compete against Canadian subsidized companies
Then theres the occasions when they talk about their own great country and how:
1) West Virgina isn't a state...it's just the west part of Virginia
2) The US has liberated or saved every country on earth at least once
3) Americans are greated with open arms everywhere in the world
4) It's great to zip across to Mexico for a good time...but don't tip too much and spoil it for everyone
5) Mandatory gun ownership in some counties makes them safer communities
6) That isn't an 18 billion dollar farm subsidy...it's just fair
7) We're quickly running out of fresh water...but Canada's got lots
8) Kyoto? Is that some kind of Sushi dip?
9) CNN and USA today are the most colorful news sources in the world!
10) I'm not payin' just for some homeless lazy bastard to get an operation!
11) I'm not payin' just for some homeless retired widow to get some heart medicine!
12) Turkey? What have they done for US lately...
Obviously I can find this kind of ignorance on both sides of the border but I tend to find Canadians on average are much more informed about their neighbors (and the rest of the world) than Americans. Many Americans I know seem to be very isolated. Don't they watch the news? (Back to my original point) They certainly can quote what they saw on Leno the night before or they can tell me what the top ten on Letterman was.
The main difference though is that I find that Americans (in my opinion) seem to be more upset that Canadians just don't follow their lead. They get upset if you dare challenge their brand of democracy, law, morality, econimics or foreign policy or foreign policy. When I suggest that Canada is doing just fine by informing them of our trade relationship, our high standard of living, our clean safe cities, our longer lifes, lower infant mortality, healthier population etc, they see it as some sort of challenge or slight, but have no idea that their original questions were just as loaded.
It doesn't mean I still don't enjoy their company, their business and their opinion. I don't hate them. I don't hate the US. I just try to voice my opinions whether they are positive or negative, or whether it's about the US, Canada or any other country, and whether or not you or anyone else likes it or not. This isn't some popularity contest and I don't treat it as such by agreeing with everyone. You don't have to agree either. Really. Don't feel so threatended. It may not be a free forum, but you still have control of your mind (I assume).
By the way. I'd like to hear your opinion of the Doonesbury comic. Is Trudeau a commie or what?