I've been reading with interest all your comments on this whole Iraq issue. I guess I'm a neutral bystander..... There's this great amount of info but I can't make an informed decision. I guess eventually, everyone will be manipulated by the media!
Anyway I received this in my email and I wonder what you guys think of it:
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves?
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide?
A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.?
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of
life to everyone in the world, according to the UN?
A: 10% (that's about $40 billion, the amount of funding initially requested
to fund the US retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological weapons on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government,
along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare against
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish
town of Halabja in 1988?
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time?
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America use in Vietnam?
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf War?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western
forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S. tanks
with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after
the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq
between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had
destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything
other than deterrence and self defense?
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10 years
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of
an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq?
A: 11 years
27. Q: Were the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December
1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict
sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports?
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)?
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000
A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a
result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998?
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, "Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to
a level unprecedented in modern history."
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of
mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in ?
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992?
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got?
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got?
A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
A: Over 400
50. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about
things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr