ryanb741

Taliban Prisoners Beaten To Death At Camp Xray

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:29 am

< http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,909164,00.html >

Now, although these guys aren't angels I cannot believe that they are being beaten to death. What kind of interrogation tactics are being used? I hope whoever is responsible will be brought to justice.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

sebolino

RE: Taliban Prisoners Beaten To Death At Camp Xray

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:32 am

A new case for the war crimes tribunal ?

Alpha 1

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:34 am

Nah, Sebollino, just two more cells to put bin Laden's sons in now.

sebolino

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:37 am

That's terrible Alpha-1. Terrible.

You seem to approve this kind of acts. The type of things Milosevic did during the Yugoslavian war, the type of things France did during the Algerian war, the type of things Nazis did during WW2.

jcs17

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:37 am

First of all, this was Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, not camp X-Ray. Secondly, if you cared at all to read your own article you wouldve read this:

"One of the dead prisoners, known only as Dilawar, died as a result of "blunt force injuries to lower extremities complicating coronary artery disease", according to the death certificate signed by Major Elizabeth Rouse, a pathologist with the Washington-based Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, which operates under the auspices of the defence department. The dead man was aged 22 and was a farmer and part-time taxi-driver. He was said to have had an advanced heart condition and blocked arteries. "
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:38 am

There is an ongoing homicide investigation by the military.

tbar220

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:59 am

Sebolino,

Do you feel any sympathy for these two?
NO URLS in signature

Alpha 1

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:08 am

Sebollino, save your piousness for two human beings who deserve it. These scumbags don't. They had no reservations about murdering my countrymen, and I have absolutely no sympathy for them. None.

If you want to hold a candle-light vigil for them, I'm sure a few million Frenchmen will be happy to join you.

Sonic

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:11 am

Alpha 1, oh yes they are scumbags just because they fought for their country? Would you think that if now Iraqis would capture American troops it would be right to beat them to death? BTW, Americans would be offensive force in this case, while Afghans defended their nation from invadors. Most of them had nothing to do with Al Quieda or terrorism. They were simple patriots, who tried to defend their country after it was attacked.

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:38 am

2 less sand-niggers to lower your property taxes right Alf1, what could be wrong with that ?

Let's not bothersome things like trials and evidence and PUBLIC prosecutions stand in the way of a good blood-letting ... this way is much better !
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:46 am

PJ,

" less sand-niggers to lower your property taxes right Alf1,"

Are those your own feelings? If so, then say and don't fabricate that crap and impute it to anyone else. If you hate the US, then that's fine. But spare us the sanctimony.

manni

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:50 am

allow me to go Off Topic for a minute...

'...right Alf1...'

I like these words, it reminds me on some sitcom shown on television several years ago. That one of a little brown animal from space. Somehow I must think of Alf sitting behind a PC every time I read Alpha1's post.  Big thumbs up
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS

Scorpio

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:51 am

Sebollino, save your piousness for two human beings who deserve it. These scumbags don't. They had no reservations about murdering my countrymen, and I have absolutely no sympathy for them. None.

These were prisoners, they had not yet been tried and thus had not yet been found guilty. It should therefore be PRESUMED that they were innocent, after all your justice system says that people are innocent until proven guilty.

This does not mean that I think these people actually WERE innocent, they very well could have been guilty. But I don't know that, and neither do you, which is why I find your post quite offensive for someone who supposedly is defending freedom. You are acting the exact opposite of what you preach. Torturing prisoners is wrong in any case, including this. No exceptions.

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:54 am

N79969

So summarising the beliefs of others is not allowed on A.net ? Since when ? Just tell it as I see it so unless you have something to add ....

I LOVED that show with the Alien, he was nasty. "Go for it Willy"

JetService

Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:57 am

"2 less sand-niggers to lower your property taxes right Alf1, what could be wrong with that ?"

I love idealists who think they have some sort of license to use derogatory remarks with impunity. Grow up.
"Shaddap you!"

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:00 am

PJ,

Whose beliefs do you think you are summarising? I do not think you see anything about the United States beyond some hate-filled fantasy in your mind.

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:04 am

I'm NO idealist.

Odd that you and others sholuld be so sensitive over a word yet have no problem with - even wish for - people being beaten, assaulted or even killed in your own prisons.

Stop hiding behind some bullshit morality over mere words and face the fact that were these middle-aged white guys then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:08 am

"Stop hiding behind some bullshit morality "

Are you talking to yourself? Do you see the staggering irony of you accusing anyone hiding behind bullshit morality? Do you realize that there is a thread cheering on the assault on John Walker Lindh? No probably not. Your contempt for the US is blinding.

"Odd that you and others sholuld be so sensitive over a word yet have no problem with "

What in the hell are you talking about? You are the first person here to use racial ephithets and now accuse others of using it"

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:09 am

Yeah that's it ... I just hate the US.

One day that lame get-out-of-gaol-card is going to make me puke. Right now it just means you have no reasonable reply to what I have said.

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:12 am

Done puking?

Why should I provide a "reasonable" reply to baseless allegations of racism that you fabricated from thin air? No reasonable reply exists to the smoke you are putting out.

Look it is obvious you do not like my country. Fine. But spare me the pretense of objectivity. I freely admit my contempt for France.

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:23 am

America ... France ... what have they to do with this ? Stop clouding the issue by making it an anti-american issue when it is simply one of right and wrong.

Alpha1 and others calmly wish death and misfortune on others whose only "crime" is that they have brown skins and speak Arabic or Urdu. As I have pointed out they have had no trial, there is no presentation of evidence. If they were white americans you would not so automatically trust your government to be so honest and fair (or perhaps you might).

yes, I have a problem with this weather it is America or Denmark. Don't you ?

Yes I have read that other thread and if you had done the same you would have seen my opinion stated on that one as well. I suggest you look again and read before writing.

777236ER

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:26 am

Alpha 1, you don't see how not having a public trial, and then being beaten to death, is a bad thing? However guilty of whatever crime the person is?
Your bone's got a little machine

JetService

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:54 am

Odd that you and others sholuld be so sensitive over a word yet have no problem with - even wish for - people being beaten, assaulted or even killed in your own prisons.

Stop hiding behind some bullshit morality over mere words and face the fact that were these middle-aged white guys then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm not taking any morality issues with you. I just like to rag people like you who think their self-proclaimed righteous ideals allow them to say the same shit they constantly howl about others saying.

As for your white-guy comment; that's laughable. If McVeigh were alive and being raffled off for a carton of smokes to end up being some dirtbags pin-cushion, we'd be yukking up just the same. Sorry, race isn't trump. Try another card.
"Shaddap you!"

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:20 am

If believing that people should have a trial and a public presentation of evidence (like Mr. McVeigh did) before arm-chair tough guys on sites like this wish bad things to happen to them then yes, guilty, I am a righteous idealist.

JetService

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:25 am

And that's OK Pacificjourney, I just disagree with your priorities, I guess. There are a lot more people on the list ahead of dirtbags to shed tears for.
"Shaddap you!"

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:38 am

Like I said on the other thread, I'm not crying, just NOT cheering either.

Pilot1113

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:42 am

I'm just waiting for someone to say that Mohammad Atta was simply misunderstood and what he did was an innocent mistake and should be forgiven. It wasn't his fault he decided to drive an airliner into a building, nah, never is with these people. He was simply doing what he believed to be right.

- Neil Harrison

pacificjourney

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:52 am

How do you know he did all these things pilot1113, that's the point. I don't know if he did or didn't, do you ?

You are willing to believe your government implicitly over this but on virtually nothing else. Politicians never lie after all.

Evidence, trials, public presentation of evidence.... is it too much to ask or simply not necessary for non-American brown people ?

aa61hvy

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:54 am

I am not cheering, but was goes around comes around. All of these terrorists have something coming to them. I don't feel bad at all. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Go big or go home

EGGD

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:54 am

"One of the dead prisoners, known only as Dilawar, died as a result of "blunt force injuries to lower extremities complicating coronary artery disease", according to the death certificate signed by Major Elizabeth Rouse, a pathologist with the Washington-based Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, which operates under the auspices of the defence department. The dead man was aged 22 and was a farmer and part-time taxi-driver. He was said to have had an advanced heart condition and blocked arteries. "

Oh, I guess that makes it ok then!

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:59 am

That is quite a delusion that you are in midst of, PJ. You must have switched from sake to shochu. Cheap shochu made in a tub.

I really cannot address remarks that are based on some fantasy of your's. Like I said, you are pulling this into a racial matter on your very own. Nothing Alpha 1 or anyone else said lends itself to the kind of insidious racial bigotry that you are insinuating. Quit making things up.

I repeat the military is conducting a homicide investigation. That is a criminal investigation.

Pilot1113

Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:03 am

>>How do you know he did all these things pilot1113, that's the point. I don't know if he did or didn't, do you ?<<

I'm disgusted to actually hear those things. I'm really glad that the only way I know you is through the internet. You sicken me.

A person kills 3000+ people in the most horrific way possible and you're defending him?! WTF?

You have your head up your ass.

- Neil Harrison

N79969

Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:25 am

I guess none of us witnessed the Germans gassing the Jews and Gypsies...so by PJ's logic they could have gassed themselves so the US could launch war against Germany. I've been in the dark for so long...wow.

Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:45 am

How can you make any comments on these "terrorists" at all? They 've not been charged with anything, there is no proof of their involvement in anything.

Can we expect America to not complain if their soldiers become prisoners in Iraq and come under the same treatment?

ADG

KLAX

Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:52 am

I would expect this terrible incident is under investigation and those responsible to be brought to justice. That said, this isnt happening every day, and most of the prisoners are treated quite well. We also dont know the full story, was this person a trouble maker, or what...

-Clovis

777236ER

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:02 am

and most of the prisoners are treated quite well.

Missing out that pesky "fair trial" bit, of course...

donder10

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:29 am

Trust you to nickpick 777236ER  Insane  Wink/being sarcastic

Pilot1113

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:30 am

>>Can we expect America to not complain if their soldiers become prisoners in Iraq and come under the same treatment?<<

Iraq still has one of our airmen from the previous war. No doubt they have taken the time to try him in front of his peers and sentenced him.

- Neil Harrison

Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:21 am

Trust you to nickpick 777236ER

LMFAO

Iraq still has one of our airmen from the previous war. No doubt they have taken the time to try him in front of his peers and sentenced him.

A fact that America only decided a few months ago ....

ADG

GDB

Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:00 am

If it was homicide, not smart, dead men do not give information.

Pilot1113

Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:26 am

>>A fact that America only decided a few months ago .... <<

We haven't "decided" that. It's fact. For 10 years this guy has been held in Iraq, no doubt being tourtured.

The DOD reopened their investigation into the capture of Scott Spichter in 1999, well before George W. Bush ever was elected.

Just do a little research, will you before you start shooting your mouth off?

- Neil Harrison

NWA

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:04 pm

Good, we should do that to all of them. they want to die, so if we eliminate them, there are fewer people we have to deal with in the future.
23 victor, turn right heading 210, maintain 3000 till established, cleared ILS runwy 24.

Alpha 1

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:14 pm

Alpha1 and others calmly wish death and misfortune on others whose only "crime" is that they have brown skins and speak Arabic or Urdu.

Wrong, PJ. I calmy wish death and misfortune on those who rabidly wish death and misfortune on my country, as happened on 9/11/01. If they speak Arabic and have brown skin, so be it; if they happen to be white, so be it; if they happen to be Asian, so be it. Anyone who wish the death and destruction on a magnitude of 9/11, or on such lines, I wish death and misfortune to.

You and the other holier-than-thou pontificators on here: Scorpio, Sebollino, Sonic, ADG, and the other nauseating crowd who are so quick to defend these vile excuses for human beings, are the same ones who are quick to condemn the U.S. for any little thing you can find. It's such attitudes that embolden the terrorists all over the world-they know there are Great Gullibles in the world like you, who will excuse, apologize for, brush aside, their actions. They take comfort in the weaklings of the world like you.

And I really don't care what kind of responses any of you or the normal crew that thinks like you put on here. Again: they are sworn enemies of my country and my people. They support and are members of an organization that is sworn to destroy my country and kill Americans. To hell with them.

B747forlife

Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:22 pm

Cry me a river, bleeding hearts. I have no sympathy for this man. If he was really doing Allah's work, then he is in paradise now. But, more likely, he is in hell for planning the deaths of 3,000 innocent civilians. But, of course I don't judge.

I can't believe anyone out there would dare defend this man, considering all he took part in dealing w/ 9/11/01.

-Nick

Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:44 pm

We haven't "decided" that. It's fact. For 10 years this guy has been held in Iraq, no doubt being tourtured.

and for 11 of those ten years this man was listed as KIA... all of a sudden we're being asked to believe his is MIA? I don't have a problem with that but it must suck to know your country listed you as dead rather than attempt to procure your release.

The DOD reopened their investigation into the capture of Scott Spichter in 1999, well before George W. Bush ever was elected.

riiiight.

Just do a little research, will you before you start shooting your mouth off?

What? and be the only one who did so?

Wrong, PJ. I calmy wish death and misfortune on those who rabidly wish death and misfortune on my country, as happened on 9/11/01.

Firstly, you can't "kill" a country Alpha1, secondly you supposedly live in a civilised country (although you make me wonder), if these people had anything at all to do with the Sep 11 attacks then why haven't they been charged, convicted and punished (jail or death). Torture and beatings are the actions of criminals, is this what your country has become?

3000 people died and you think that justifies a complete lack of morality? If that is the case then clearly the terrorists are victorious.

If they speak Arabic and have brown skin, so be it; if they happen to be white, so be it; if they happen to be Asian, so be it. Anyone who wish the death and destruction on a magnitude of 9/11, or on such lines, I wish death and misfortune to.

More people in America are killed by Americans you know.

You and the other holier-than-thou pontificators on here: Scorpio, Sebollino, Sonic, ADG, and the other nauseating crowd who are so quick to defend these vile excuses for human beings, are the same ones who are quick to condemn the U.S.

Get of your high horse Alpha1, you are advocating lack of morality. You are no better than the terrorists who flew those planes into the buildings. Those "vile excuses for human beings" as you call them (an apt name for yourself by the way) have not been charged with anything, they have not been found guilty of any crime. Indeed, your country has done everything within it's power to ensure due process hasn't come their way.

These people are INNOCENT until they are proven guilty and yet you are prepared to torture and murder them based only upon the words of politicians and we ALL know how honest they are! Even Colon Power has been caught lying to you guys and you're just lapping it up like lemmings.

for any little thing you can find. It's such attitudes that embolden the terrorists all over the world-they know there are Great Gullibles in the world like you, who will excuse, apologize for, brush aside, their actions. They take comfort in the weaklings of the world like you.

and it's people like you that incite such hatred in others that they will give up their own lives to hurt you. There is no middle ground for you, there is no logic, no intelligence, no tolerance .. you are nothing more than a barnacle on the backside of society.

And I really don't care what kind of responses any of you or the normal crew that thinks like you put on here

That's right .. your opinion is the only opinion. Well lets hope that you or yours never face the sort of justice you want to hand out to others.

. Again: they are sworn enemies of my country and my people. They support and are members of an organization that is sworn to destroy my country and kill Americans. To hell with them.

Hey, we're back in the schoolyard! cool.....

B747,

can you show me your proof of this mans involvement with the 11th Sep attack on the WTC?

Summary:

I really think some of you are just to simple to believe. I cant' speak for others but i'm defending nobody. To be blunt if you think I am then you are really, really stupid. I'm defending the process these people are entitled to. Tomothy McVeigh, an AMERICAN, set off a bomb that killed hundreds including children. I remember very vividly the sight of rescue workers carring out tiny bodies in their arms. This man was every bit as evil and hateful as the terrorists who attacked the WTC, more so maybe because he was one of you. (ie, he was killing his own countrymen).

But he had a right to a fair trial, he had a right to be heard. He was given his fair trial, found guilty and put to death. That is how a civilised country would behave with people like that and that is what we would expect from these people in Cuba who's only tie to the 911 attacks may actually be their involvement in the same organisation.

Frightened angry people who have given up their humanity in order to be something less than human are in this thread baying and screaming for blood without the facts.. what's the difference between a couple of you and those people in custody? Not much.

ADG

GDB

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:25 pm

Then there is those released from Cuba, some 70-something shepard, some other old men, people who happened to be in the wrong place when some US troops came along.
Who would hand over anyone to the US if they were beating people to death?

Scorpio

Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:00 pm

Alpha 1,

holier-than-thou pontificators on here: Scorpio, Sebollino, Sonic, ADG, and the other nauseating crowd who are so quick to defend these vile excuses for human beings

Surely you're not as senile as that sentence makes you seem, Alpha 1? This has NOTHING AT ALL to do with bashing the US. But if you can't see how killing a prisoner WHO HAS NOT EVEN BEEN CHARGED, LET ALONE CONVICTED of anything yet is WRONG, then you truly are beyond help. If that is indeed your stance, I suggest you move to Iraq, where such practices ARE tolerated. If you do believe the crap you wrote, you are a disgrace to your own country, indeed, to every Western nation for that matter.

777236ER

Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:22 pm

Cry me a river, bleeding hearts. I have no sympathy for this man. If he was really doing Allah's work, then he is in paradise now. But, more likely, he is in hell for planning the deaths of 3,000 innocent civilians. But, of course I don't judge.

That's the point! NO ONE HAS JUDGED! This man didn't see a court of any kind, let alone a fair one! He wasn't charged, tried, convicted, sentenced, anything. Innocent until proven guilty eh?

Just goes to show how the US's high and mighty principles go out the window whenever it suits current public opinion.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:35 am

Just goes to show how the US's high and mighty principles go out the window whenever it suits current public opinion.

This is an excellent point.

and alpha1, how can we have any respect for anyone who thinks that behaviour is acceptable? Is it "Anti-American" to expect Americans to behave in a manner in which you expect us to behave.

This "Americans are better than everyone else" attitude got very tiresome very quickly.

ADG

N79969

Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:42 am

"This "Americans are better than everyone else" attitude got very tiresome very quickly."

Only surpassed by your ADG uber alles attitude that you consistently exude whenever the US is dicussed.

This incident is being investigated as a crime.