desertjets

Best Star Trek Doctor

Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:06 am

No more war and political debates. To lighten up the mode again let us debate which doctor from which Star Trek series is the best.

Dr. McCoy: Cranky and ornery (if that is spelled right). Always annoyed at Spock's damned Vulcan logic, but remains a good friend to both Spock and Kirk.

Dr. Beverly Crusher: Longtime friend of Captain Picard, strong sense of morality. At time a little too idealistic.

Dr. Pulaski: Only on one season, most of us were glad when she was gone. The not wanting to take the transporter was annoying after a while.

Dr. Julian Bashir: Young, brash, arrogant, handsome and genetically enhanced. Plus he plays a mean game of darts.

EMH Mark I, "The Doctor." A holographic renaissance man... no need to say more.

Dr. Phlox: Denublian exchange doctor... keeps lots of funny pets.

So I am going to have to pick two.

First choice is "The Doctor." He was the shining star of the Voyager series. Really continued the theme of non-human forms searching for their humanity. He was at his very best, when he was handling such a crisis. But at also the sametime the weaknesses of his original programming come through.

Second choice is Dr. Bashir. Of all the doctors I think his character was developed the most and changed the most over the course of the series. In other words he matured. Plus his friendships with Garek and Chief O'Brien helped to make really excellent story lines.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

RE: Best Star Trek Doctor

Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:14 am

For my money, gimme the good ole campy 60's series any day. Dr. Bones McCoy may have been as salty as a codfish, but I'd put my money on him to save my life, using tried and true methods.

"For God sake, Jim! I'm a DOCTOR! Not a BUTCHER!"

"Logic! LOGIC! You and your damn LOGIC!"

Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:41 am

I quite like Doctor Flox, I did enjoy the episode when one of his wives came on board.

ADG

covert

Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:57 am

I will go with DesertJets. Dr Bashir is a funny dude....
none

TWAL1011

Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:18 am

Crusher is a hotty, but I'd want McCoy if my life was at stake.

NJTurnpike

Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:23 am

EMH Mark I, without a doubt. While watching ST: First Contact, the audience cheered when he made his appearence  Smile

L-188

Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:00 pm

McCoy or the Emergency Medial Hologram.

None of the broads did anything for me and Bashir was too much of a sissy. No wonder Dax ended up nailing Worf.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

cicadajet

Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:12 pm

Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy.

ctbarnes

Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:26 pm

Oh, I don't know, I always thought Dr. Pulaski was underrated. She was one of the few people on board the Enterprise who could truly stand up to Picard. Picard, for his part, seemed more afraid of her than of the Romulans. Plus, I always liked Diana Muldour.

I really got to like Crusher as TNG progressed. The relationship between her and the Captain was far more interesting than being Wesley's mother. Plus she is seriously attractive. She would be the doctor I would want to treat me if I had to choose between them.

Bashir is just too obnoxious to be likeable. Kind of like Dr. Ehrlich (remember him?) played by Tom Cruse.

Call me old fashioned, I just don't think I could have a professional relationship with a hologram, and Dr. Phlox, I must confess, I just don't know that well yet.

But still, my favorite of all the Star Trek Docs has got to be Bones McCoy. The original and still the best. "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer"  Big grin

Charles, SJ

The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

MD-90

Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:27 pm

Gotta be Bones.

Since this post isn't long enough, I'll also say that my top 2 favorite captains are definately Janeway and Picard...as to which one I really like better...well, Janeway got Voyager home...but Picard's gotta be closing in on 60 and he's STILL not an admiral yet (something that Janeway seems to have picked up pretty quickly).

Plus the Enterprise-E rocks.

POSITIVE RATE

Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:05 pm

Dr. Beverly Crusher is my favourite Big grin

covert

Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:24 am

MD-90, Picard is not an admiral because of plot, he is best a captain IMHO.
none

goingboeing

Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:06 am

Dammit Jim, it's Doctor McCoy.

lindy field

Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:11 am

Have to go with "the Doctor" and with Phlox probably coming in 2nd place. Admittedly I haven't seen enough of the original Star Trek episodes or Deep Space Nine to be fair to Bones or Bashir. Phlox seems like the most likeable character on Enterprise, though. Does anyone know if the actor who plays him has had a stroke? He seems to speak out of one side of his mouth a lot, which suggests partial paralysis.