Are Human Shields Naive?

Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:46 am

I have to admire these people for the courage of their convictions, but their naivete is scary. When and if the bombs start to fall, all Saddam has to do is blow up some of these people himself, and point the finger at Bush. They are prime PR tools just begging to get used, just as every time a bomb falls in any country, it inevitably hits an orphanage, or a home for lost kittens or something. I think these folks have a bullseye painted on their foreheads, and they put it there themselves.

RE: Are Human Shields Naive?

Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:05 am

I agree. These guys are "useful idiots," and they will pay for it with their lives.

Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:09 am

Acting as human shield falls into the category of perfidy warfare, and is therefore a warcrime. I do not admire people who take part in warcrimes.

If someone wants to show real courage, he could for example demonstrate for human rights in China or for freedom of speech in North Korea. Or he could demonstrate against beheading of woman in Iraq. That would need real courage.
go canada!

Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:20 am

A high % of human shields from the uk have actually left iraq now since they realised that they werent being used to protect schools and hospitals who we all pray arent bombed. They were sent to power stations and to factories which are suspect of being dual use for weapons of mass destruction.
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit