trickijedi

Hotels At Or Very Near Chek Lap Kok Or Changi

Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:46 am

Hi guys,

I'm planning another trip back to Asia - specifically Manila - and have the choice of transiting overnight at either Hong Kong or Singapore. I was wondering if you new of any hotels that are adjacent to either one of these airports. I'm really trying to avoid having to get in a cab to get to the hotel because I will have lotsa luggage with me (mostly huge and heavy boxes). So if you know of any hotels that are (preferably) connected to either one of these airports, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

n949wp

RE: Hotels At Or Very Near Chek Lap Kok Or Changi

Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:17 am

If you really don't want to handle those "huge and heavy boxes" again until you reach MNL, then Singapore may be a better choice, since there's actually a hotel within the air-side section of the pax terminal. That means you don't even have to officially "enter" the country to spend the night, not to mention sparing you the trouble of reclaiming all those huge and heavy boxes from the baggage claim, going through customs, and checking-in all of them all over again the next morning.

'949

trickijedi

Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:58 pm

Thanks! Right now, it's still about 50/50, HKG vs. SIN. I'm just going for convenience.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

N79969

Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:01 pm

The Regal CLK is good I heard though I do not know first hand. I did stay at the Regal Kowloon and found it to be nice.