lehpron

You Know That Feeling That You "know" Stuff?

Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:05 pm

It is that feeling like you know tomorrow will come (technically tomorrow doesn't exist, time keeps going...but y'know). Or that feeling of fire will always burn. Or that previous events cannot happen again unless the circumstances were repeatable, you know, like ... stuff?

Is it possible to counter that feeling somehow?

Even if you have no clue, say so.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

ndege

RE: You Know That Feeling That You "know" Stuff?

Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:24 pm

I find it easy to forget things like this for the moment when necessary. I can't exactly explain how it's done, but it is definitely possible.

BL

mls515

Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:53 pm

What a weird topic. Like We-e-e-e-e-ird John Candy's character talking into the microphone in Little Shop of Horrors weird.

Well anyway, I hate deja vu. It happens to me a lot and it bugs the crap out of me. I like to think there is nothing "psycic" or "mystic" about it, just wires getting crossed in the brain that make an event seem familiar when it really isn't.

Ljungdahl

Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:16 pm

Whoooa...

...like a "time-loop" or "warp-zone..."

/Johan
(...who shouldn't be posting here now, suffering of a heavy hangover...)  Nuts

tbar220

RE: You Know That Feeling That You "know"

Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:40 am

you know, like ... stuff?

Are you a blond female Lehpron?  Laugh out loud
NO URLS in signature

Turbolet

RE: You Know That Feeling That You "know"

Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:07 am

Is it possible to counter that feeling somehow?

My depression effectively does. Yes, tomorrow will come, but I fear it. I can see nothing positive that it will bring, I will be a nothing, with a nothing job and a nothing life. This feeling of nothingness in my future stretches as far as I can see.

lehpron

Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:40 am

Well yeah I have been depressed for close to six years, but, recently I have tied to accept it by not expecting too much of anything new to happen in the course of the day. I mean shit happens right? Well the opposite of shit happens too but not as often which doesn't mean that it won’t happen but more like it will; but if you expect it and it doesn't happen, you'll be bummed.

So don't expect it; more often than not, I feel happier because anti-shit happens everyday. Granted I'll catch myself thinking about the fact that I will never ever EVER experience a romantic relationship in my lifetime, but as long as I do not bum about it, I do not care. Like right now, I don't care, instead I am going to watch the movie 'Face Off' that I downloaded over the past 5 days.

Cheers ma nizzle.  Wink/being sarcastic

P.S. -- Ever notice when you say words like “happy" or "circle" a bunch of times it sounds really weird after a while? Try it, do it first slowly then faster!
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.