lehpron

Mp3 Cd Players: Which Playlist Do They Read?

Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:23 am

Roxio's Easy CD creator, for example, issues the *.m3u extention for it's playlists in mp3 CD's while Windows Media Player issues the *.pls extention for saving playlists.

Which one will be read off of and/or used if I use a CD player or stereo capable of decoding mps's?

Are there other playlist extention types that can be used?

The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Hole_Courtney

RE: Mp3 Cd Players: Which Playlist Do They Read?

Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:37 am

Don't put play list files in Mp3 Cd players, I have found that they disrupt the order in which the mp3's are played.

Just put the files into folders (named, of course) and you can scroll through them much easier.

live forever and stay beautiful,
hole_courtney
"[He] knew everything about literature, except how to enjoy it." - Yossarian, Catch 22

lehpron

Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:55 pm

"Just put the files into folders (named, of course) and you can scroll through them much easier"

and will the cd player still play them that way or are you talking about a cd-rom drive on a computer?
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Hole_Courtney

Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:42 pm

yeah, it should still play the same way on your cd player.

the mp3-cd player acts like a cd-rom, so it should defintely play the same way.

live forever and stay beautiful,
hole_courtney
"[He] knew everything about literature, except how to enjoy it." - Yossarian, Catch 22

lehpron

Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:55 pm

so if i somehow burn them into a particular order, will they play that way or will the player automatically choose alphabetical?

I mean I recorded these on cassette once in an order, i'd like to listen to them in that order, not random or alphabetically. Can we choose what order once the cd is in the player, is that option available?

oh and thanks for responding amidst other posts here.  Smile

lehpron

Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:16 am

Since they read stuff alphabetically anyway, can I simply rename my files numerically in whatever order that I want and it will still work like a playlist just more work for me?

lubcha132

Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:10 pm

mine does not read the playlist..i just put it on random, which i find works well.

lehpron

Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:13 pm

will any standard mp3 encoded boombox recognize the folders that mp3s are in within their diskspaces?

Also what about those SONY double capacity 1.3 Gig CD-R's, will they get read, so to speak, like any other 700Mb CD?