todaReisinger

Iraq Accuses Israel Of Taking Part In War

Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:16 am

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/275969.html

Iraq accuses Israel of taking part in war

By Reuters

CAIRO - Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri said Sunday an Israeli missile had been found in Baghdad and accused Israel of taking part in the U.S.-led attack on Iraq.

"You know that Israel is taking part in this aggression against Iraq. It's sending missiles. We found a missile, an Israeli missile, in Baghdad," he told reporters in Cairo where was to attend a meeting of Arab foreign ministers scheduled for Monday.

Sabri offered no proof to back up the allegation.

Israeli political sources said Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz told the cabinet Sunday that the missile in question bore the word Taas, an Israeli company that has made electronic components sold for use in missiles in the U.S. armoury.

Israel has said it is playing no part in the war.

(...)

Is Irak trying to "justify" a future missile attack against Israel??

I bitterly miss the livery that should never have been changed (repetition...)

ryanb741

RE: Iraq Accuses Israel Of Taking Part In War

Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:24 am

This is all a ploy to try to gain Arab support. The Iraqi foreign minister earlier said the invasion was led by Zionists etc, and said Iraq would fight to the death against US, UK and Israeli aggressors. Maybe Israel would participate if it was attacked by Iraq (although I am sure there would be intense US pressure to avoid this) but for political reasons there is no way Israel would get involved yet.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

Arsenal@LHR

Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:01 am

The last thing the US and UK need is third party countries like Turkey and Israel being sucked into an already difficult and unpredictable war.
In Arsene we trust!!

LY744

Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:19 am

A USAF AGM-142 perhaps?

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it