EWRvirgin
Topic Author

Anti-War Protesters: Sheer Irony

Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:48 am

From watching all the news, I can't help but notice how all these anti-war types who are so against violence perpetrate anything but peaceful demonstrations. All across the world, including here in the US, these marchers take to the streets throwing objects at the police and assaulting them, breaking shop windows, wreaking havoc inside city centers, and getting into brawls with other protesters who don't share their views. Total hypocrisy if you ask me.

Local law enforcement should be guarding infrastructure and keeping an eye out on public areas during these times but instead have to babysit these morons. Selfishness if you ask me.

RE: Anti-War Protesters: Sheer Irony

Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:35 am

My first thought about the majority of these protesters is: "#$@& you and the bus you rode in on." However, in their defense, not all anti-war protesters are violent--it's just a few giving them a bad name. Also, fair is fair, and they have a right to voice their opinion.

'Speed

Boeing757/767

Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:00 am

As a peaceful protestor, I am discouraged by the act of a few. The problem is, they lose all credibility when things turn violent.
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:13 am

their right is only to voice their opinion in a peaceful way.

I suggest making the organisers of the protests financially responsible for any damages, the one in Sydney yesterday was appalling. They set out to be violent  Angry

ADG

go canada!

Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:25 am

violent protests do nothing for a cause, furthermore the peace protestors would gain respect if they protested againats the regime of saddam which wages war and killed 2 million iraqis!
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

redngold

Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:37 am

There are often people who follow the peaceful protesters looking for trouble. When they don't find any in the main event, they get rowdy and create trouble afterwards. This is why most of the damage and violence occurs hours AFTER the main march or rally.

Don't blame us for the violence.

redngold
Up, up and away!

go canada!

Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:22 am

redngold, from my viewpoint the protests i have been to and watched have mainly been peaceful.

these people are giving those with legitimate concerns a bad name
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

redngold

Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:42 am

Go Canada,

Exactly my point. The protests themselves are peaceful. The troublemakers are people who come afterwards, looking for trouble where there isn't, and get restless and rowdy on their own without any help from the peaceful people who rallied or marched.

redngold
Up, up and away!