ryanb741

Iraqi Civilians Vs Israeli Civilians

Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:30 am

Interesting. I have been following news coverage of the Iraq war in Arab media, and there is outroar at the civilian casualties. Okay, fair enough, civilian casualties are indeed tragic, but why is it that the Arabs celebrate when Israeli civilians are killed, this time deliberately? I'm no big fan of Israeli politics but isn't it a bit hypocritical on the part of the Arabs to say how American and British 'imperialism' is killing civilians and causing atrocities, but whenever an atrocity occurs in Tel Aviv or Haifa these same people cheer it. Pah!
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

NWA742

RE: Iraqi Civilians Vs Israeli Civilians

Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:34 am

I agree with you 100%.

That is so true.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

jwenting

Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:34 am

Of course not. You have to make the distinction between the imperialist Zionist Americans and British (and their Zionist Jewish backers) and the Palestinians who are fighting a just cause for an Arab Middle East without foreign invaders in Palestine.

In order to achieve that last, anything is allowed. In fact, spreading death and destruction among Jews and other non-Muslim elements in the region (or elsewhere) is not just to be applauded, it is to be promoted at every opportunity.
I wish I were flying

ryanb741

Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:36 am

Are you joking Jwenting? I hope so. Regardless of who is to blame, deliberately targeting civilians is sick. Cheering about it is just evil.
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

777236ER

Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:37 am

Sick, unless you're America in WWII
Your bone's got a little machine

erj190

Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:06 am

As far as I know, some Arabs may cheer the suicide bombers, but the overwhelming majority of them will not.

It is a pity, forgotten by everybody that for each Israeli killed, there are at least 10 Palestinians dead.

Its a pity, but, in both this situations, violence happens because Arab people see their land being invaded.

Any death is a disaster.

But while you see Americans using technology to kill Iraqis, to control the country and the oil, on the other hand what you see is the ultimate and most desperate cry of hanger and despair a human being can take.

I do not agree with any death, but I am sorry for people that refuse, or are unable, ore incapable - I don't know which - of looking at the facts and see the difference.

Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:23 pm

Ryan .. define *these people*

ADG

yyz717

Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:31 pm

why is it that the Arabs celebrate when Israeli civilians are killed

This is common in uneducated societies. Ignorance breeds behaviour such as this. I have never once seen any Israelis celebrating any Arab deaths.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

avi

Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:15 pm

Erj190: It is a pity, forgotten by everybody that for each Israeli killed, there are at least 10 Palestinians dead.

At least 10 Palestinians????
Where did you get that number from?
757 Israelis were killed in this Intifada so do you want to tell us that at least 7570 Palestinians were killed?
Do you have any idea how far (very very very far) this number is from the truth?
Long live the B747

ryanb741

Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:16 am

Come on Arabs/Muslims. Your silence is deafening. I really want to hear your opinion on this

Sonic

Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:21 am

ERJ 190 has the right number, it was published in Lithuanian newspaper also. No average number was published though, but it said that back in 1975 it was 25 Palestinian civilians per single Jew and in the Intifada start it was 3 palestinian civilians per single Jew.

BTW, if we count that Iraq has nothing to do with Palestine/Israel except for moral support for Palestine, killing Iraqi civilians for civilians died in other war is absolutely unfair. The same would be to kill American civilians for Kurds Turkey killed, just because USA supports Turkey.

Sonic

Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:32 am

And also please note that killing civilians is always wrong. If you want to revenge for killed civilians, than you should kill those killers, not civilians of their nation.

david b.

Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:38 pm

TO: Ryanb741

RE: A person'd DNA does not determine rather they side with terrorists or not.

I suprised you don't know that.

Are you saying that a 3 month old baby of muslim parents support the killing of innocent civilians?

Don't blame a whole race of people. Just some advise.

[Edited 2003-03-28 15:48:00]
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

B747-437B

Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:25 am

for each Israeli killed, there are at least 10 Palestinians dead

The sad truth however is that that one Israeli is a darn sight more valuable that the 10 Palestinians put together.

The Palestinians in Israel controlled territory live a dead-end life. The ultimate they can aspire to is dying at the hands of either the Israelis or as a suicide bomber and assuring themselves martyrdom. For the most part, they cannot hold down a regular job due to constant lockdowns, nor can they leave their territory for better prospects elsewhere.

Israeli citizens on the other hand have bright futures and the potential to be productive members of a global society. It is natural that they are mourned more and considered more of a loss when killed.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

N79969

Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:09 am

"This is common in uneducated societies. Ignorance breeds behaviour such as this. I have never once seen any Israelis celebrating any Arab deaths."

The Palestinians are among the educated and accomplished groups in the Middle East. Ironically, they are sometimes called the "Jews of the Middle East." It is not ignorance of any kind that breeds the behavior.

Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:51 am

Whilst the poster above have never once seen any Isrealis celebrate any deaths of arabs, I can claim otherwise.

Not only that, we've seen the footage of a rampaging "Israeli" mob who in their "random shooting" killed a child. So these incidents *do* occur, although not with the regularity of the suicide bombings.

ADG

yyz717

Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:21 am

The Palestinians are among the educated and accomplished groups in the Middle East. Ironically, they are sometimes called the "Jews of the Middle East." It is not ignorance of any kind that breeds the behavior.

Given that the Arab Middle East is generally uneducated & unaccomplished, this is not really an accomplishment.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

fspilot747

Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:39 pm

B747-437B: "The sad truth however is that that one Israeli is a darn sight more valuable that the 10 Palestinians put together.

The Palestinians in Israel controlled territory live a dead-end life...Israeli citizens on the other hand have bright futures and the potential to be productive members of a global society. It is natural that they are mourned more and considered more of a loss when killed."

Funny. Hitler felt that way about the Jews. They weren't worth more than a penny to him. Real smooth, B747-437B.

FSP

[Edited 2003-03-29 04:40:47]