Soku39
Topic Author

Sneakin Out Of The House. Any Tips?

Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:34 am

I know you people have all done it, and now I kinda have to get out. Any of you know how to get out and back in with out waking up the parents.

Go ahead and tell stories too. Anything but another war thread.
The Ohio Player

QantasAirways

RE: Sneakin Out Of The House. Any Tips?

Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:42 am

Glad it's not a war thread...

Well that's interesting that you should want to sneak out... Just wait till your parents are asleep (in a deep sleep).

It won't take long once you hear the snoring.

Good luck

QF
Spirit of Australia

jcs17

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:06 pm

Wait, wait, wait. You cant tell me that you are sneaking out of the house without providing some vital details.

-Does your house have an alarm?
-Are your doors loud? (do they squeak, especially the front/back/side doors)
-Does your garage have a bounce back feature? (where if something is in the way, it will stop halfway down and go back up)
-How late do you want to stay out until?
-Any pets?

[Edited 2003-03-30 04:06:56]
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Soku39
Topic Author

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:16 pm

-no
-somewhat (could use it possibly)
- getting picked up
-dunno as long as it takes
-no
Windows will be hard to use.

The Ohio Player

jcs17

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:31 pm

Okay, here's what you do.

Take a smallish object about 2 feet high, and place it under the garage door. Go out and do something outside as your parents are going to bed, let them know about it. When you come back through the garage place the object in the way of the garage door and close the garage door until it touches the object...so it looks like the object stopped the garage door. When you go out, just crawl under the 2 ft. space created.

If you are able to do this without getting caught, lubricate the hinges on the door leading to the garage. Make sure to wipe the excess lubricator off the hinges though!

Now, wait until your parents are sound asleep and sneak out. You best be quiet. And make sure your jackass friends who are driving wait down the street NOT OUTSIDE THE HOUSE.

Soku39
Topic Author

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:37 pm

JCS garage isnt connected. and theyre picking me up at 1. Theres no reason I would be outside  Smile/happy/getting dizzy . My mom is a bit of a light sleeper though.
The Ohio Player

jcs17

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:47 pm

Way to ruin my plans, Soku  Big grin . Your best bet then is to lubricate the hinges of the door going outside, use a side or back door if you can. If your mom is bad sleeper get back at a legit hour--like 4 or 5...she's probably still in deep sleep then. Bring a backpack with your bed clothes...change into them before you walk into your house. Ditch the bag in a safe place outside before you walk in the door. If you wake your parents up (in other words, they are still sleeping until you walk in) when you come back in just say you thought you heard some screaming outside and wanted to check it out. If they are waiting for you at the kitchen, fess up, youll get a lighter punishment! This had a good success rate though...for me at least. Ahhh...how I wish I still lived at home........nevermind.

Dash8King

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:51 pm

I have it pretty easy I guess, I wait about a half hour to an hour after my parents fall asleep then I go out the front door and return through the front door. Not a weekend goes by where I don't do that.

zeus01

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:54 pm

Ok, so your out of the house and now what..........

Your mom awakes to find you gone and you leave a door open. She is scared to death and crying and calls the police. The police issue a APB on a missing person you now have the police calling people you know in the area at 2 in the morning. Your friends parents are scared that your missing and now you have police officers diverting their resources to go and look for your punk ass while you go and hot box your friends POS car with some half naked chick in the back. Finally, you return home, busted when you enter of course. Your mother is red eyed from crying and your father is furrious with you. You now have ruined your parents day, embaressed your self, diverted police resources (which could cause you to be responsible for a officer not being able to respond to a serious call) and awakened all of your local friends parents and relatives, as wells as get yourself in a shit load of trouble.

Sounds like fun, eh? Don't be a naive fool and think things will go perfectly. It never does, and eventually you'll get caught. And spare the police from your stupidity. Shame on the rest of the perpatrators here.

Soku39
Topic Author

Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:57 pm

ah Zues you worry too much. I'll have a cell phone  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
PS im not gonna get busted.
The Ohio Player

ybacpa

Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:28 pm

There is only one way to avoid getting caught: PLAN AHEAD!!!

I'm going to assume you have a few days to plan your endeavor, as I did my first time (years ago...).

Generally speaking, it will work better if they are asleep. If you absolutely have to get out before they turn in, you are taking a significantly larger risk.
1. Plan a route out (window, door, etc.), with a backup in mind. Plan TWO routes in, with another backup in mind (you don't want the backup to be pounding on the front door to wake someone up to let you in).
2. Do prep. work well in advance, to avoid suspicion. You really want the last hour or two in the house to be as normal as possible.
3. Plan to use the least risky route possible, even if it is longer, slower, etc. Believe me, that trellis on the side of the house isn't as easy or safe in the middle of the night, especially if it is raining. Consider outside chances of getting caught- nosy neighbors, dogs, etc.
4. Leave some 'emergency' supplies outside. A door key, a flashlight, a screwdriver, ladder, etc. Anything you think you might need to get back inside but don't want to carry with you where ever you are going.
5. Even after you think the 'rents are completely asleep, wait another 3-5 minutes, just to be safe.
6. Take your time on the way out, again, don't rush it, don't get too excited... this is when you'll do something dumb.
7. Have fun
8. Again, take your time on the way back in.

Good luck!

SkyTeam: The alliance for third rate airlines finally getting their act together!

airplay

Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:00 pm

Get back to bed and stay there kid. Your parents keep you in the house sleeping in the middle of the night for a reason.

jcxp15

Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:31 pm

Zeus01:

Police really won't even listen to you until after 24 hours of a dissapearance. Most likely they'll tell the mother "He probably just snuck out" and then be on their way.

Continental

Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:40 pm

Airplay, couldn't agree more. I can't stand the 16-18 year old jackasses who drive 100 mph in a residential neighborhood at 2 am, screaming and playing loud music. I swear if I see em' again , I'm gonna toss a big rock.

co

jcs17

Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:41 pm

Oh yeah, as if none of you were ever in high school, or teenagers for that matter.

Continental, considering your age group, I wouldnt be speaking about "16-18 year old jackasses"...

Soku39
Topic Author

Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:48 pm

CO I don't think we'll be doing anything like that. We just have some business to take care of.
The Ohio Player

serge

Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:42 pm

CO I don't think we'll be doing anything like that. We just have some business to take care of.

Hiding a body perhaps? If so, I might be able to help you  Big grin

Ljungdahl

Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:13 pm

I think that you've forgot that your parents have been teenagers too, even if you didn't knew them by then.
They know much more about your way of thinking than you can imagine, of the simple reason that they have been there, done that!

I don't know about your parents, but my kids could never, ever, sneak out without me noticing, I have been through too much for that...

Airplay wrote:

Get back to bed and stay there kid. Your parents keep you in the house sleeping in the middle of the night for a reason.

Couldn't agree more!!

Signed,
Another parent to teenagers...

mas a330

Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:55 pm

DONE, a hundred times. Sneak out almost every night with my bicycle. The trick is being veeery quiet.

Be the last awake, just to make sure everyone is asleep. Switch off all the lights and make it seem like you've turned in. Grab the keys and slowly and quietly open the door. Close and lock. Leave!

Having friends around may also be helpful. Keep in contact with them so they can tell you if i light switches on or a head pops out the window.

Good luck!

c172akula

Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:32 am

I'm calling your mother...all your plans will be foiled!  Smile

SwissA330

Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:13 am

You can leave a note on the bed. Just not to get them worried. I always left a little note, kinda: went to get some fresh air... Lucky enough, they never got a chance to see it...  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Patrick
swissair/+/ we care

captaingomes

Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:14 am

So, did the Audi beat the Civic? Did you take care of your business? Or is the situation even worse now?
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

FlyVirgin744

Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:29 am

Wow I have the best parents in the world. They said to me:

"Matt, you're a teenager. These will be some of the best years of your life. Go have fun. Just keep in touch."

I feel so sorry for you overprotected kids.

It's nice not having to worry about sneaking out or anything. I guess this is why kids go beserck when they get to college.

Good luck!
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

captaingomes

Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:46 am

It all depends on what you're going to do, depends on your past, if you're a good kid or not. Sneaking out to do illegal activities that have serious repurcussions is not a smart thing for kids to do or parents to accept.

Just my opinion.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

seb146

Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:45 am

Try this:

DON'T DO IT!

Long ago, I helped one of my friends sneak out several times over one summer. Long story short, they bolted the screens to his windows and put tape on his bedroom door. He lost their trust totaly. This is not the best thing to do.

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Soku39
Topic Author

Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:35 am

Civics ya beat two of them. Rest assured I didn't drive though. (My friend is better).  Smile
The Ohio Player

Continental

Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:29 am

Jcs, I'm 16 in 2 weeks. Why shouldn't I be speaking about 16-18 year old jackasses??

co
Please visit the aviation hobby forum to vote on best screenshot!

jcxp15

Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:07 am

FlyVirgin744:

I agree... My parents took a similar approach, pretty much letting me run my own life, although they still are greatly involved in it. When you don't have to lie or "sneak" out etc... you really become a lot more honest and are less likely to get into serious trouble. I usually let my parents know where I'm at, or have them call my cell if they need me, this way they can back off without having to worry too much. It's usually the kids who have strict rules imposed on them and can't really do anything that turn out to be the kids who get hooked on drugs or get into a lot of trouble, because they view all of that as rebellious against their strict parents. I don't do drugs, and sure I get into trouble, but not the kind a lot of the "sheltered" kids do. Honestly, parents thinking sheltering their kids from everything actually hurt the kid more than letting go and giving them their own freedom.

Soku39
Topic Author

Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:28 am

My parents aren't strict at all. They'd just rather I not be driving around at 2am with my jackass friends. This time I just had to get stuff done.
The Ohio Player

Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:52 am

As a parent I find it's hard to respect people who have such little respect for their parents.

ADG

DL737

Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:14 am

Tried it once with horrble results with the great help of my German Shepard with his loud baritone bark, as if saying to me, "Where the hell do you think you are going"? Problem became even more hyper when my dad was asking me the same question about a minute later! Damn dog ruined my planned evening. C'est la vie, guys.

Jim  Innocent
(DL737)

dragogoalie

Re:

Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:02 am

I have found with my parents at least, if you respect them, they'll respect you. Honestly, I think my relationship with my parents is good enough that if I wanted to go out at 2 in the morning I could tell them that and they'd say it was alright.

--dragogoalie-#88--
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

FrequentFlyKid

Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:09 am

Having been in high school a mere two years ago I remember that all too well. The key to sneaking out is to not sneak out at all! Strange I know, but it works better than actually trying to get out. Just tell your parents you are sleeping at so-and-so's house. My parent's never questioned it because I had known all my close friends since elementary school. That way you can sneak around until strange hours of the night all you want.

gocaps16

Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:31 am

Karl,

With due respect, if you wanna go out and have fun with your friends, just tell your parents about it. There is no reasons to disrespect to your parents and to just sneak out. Hey, they provide your food and you're lucky to have a roof over your head. You should thank your parents that they care for you unlike some parents who abuses their kids and even kills them. What is there too do at 1am in Cleveland? Are you planning on doing some skateboarding at your local high school trying to avoid the cops? Well, on a Friday or Saturday night around that time, that is when the cops are really busy, mainly with teenagers driving DUI, doing drugs and so and going clubbing with friends.

When I was in a freshman in high school, my older sister used to sneak out alot with her friends almost every friday night after my father went to bed, an hour later, they were brought home in the back of a police car becuase someone in my neighborhood called the cops on them because they were too noisy at 3am.
Also what you said "you wont get busted" think again it twice. There are alot of "what if's..." What if some drunk driver at 2am gets into a wreck with you ...boom you're automatically caught...the police will call your parents....and it might end your life...Even if he is a careful driver, it is still risky. I try to avoid late night driving on friday or saturday nights because I KNOW that the drunks are out there. Just think about it before you either step out of the house or get into your friend's car.

Kevin
U.S. NAVY

[Edited 2003-03-31 02:34:43]

dragogoalie

Re:

Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:00 am

I agree 100% with kevin as well. Sounds like a smart man. But then isn't every caps fan?  Wink/being sarcastic

--dragogoalie-#88--
aka Screaming Emu
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

aa61hvy

Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:20 pm

I never snuck out, I just told my mom when I was comming home. But I helped a friend sneak out for some illegal activities. He snuck through a window with no screen, I turned off all my lights on my car, and did not accelerate until the next block.
Go big or go home

zeus01

Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:49 pm

JCxp--

obviously you don't know anything about how a missing persons report operates. You actually can file a MPR immediatly with it being active at the time of filing. A MPR is classified in several ways: possible kiddnapping, run away, etc.
And yes, the police are obligated to investigate Every report, not just select ones. I don't know where you get these crazy ideas, but perhaps you shouldn't assume how the police operate. This isn't Mayberry you know.

jcxp15

Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:26 pm

Zeus01:

Oh, a lot of the cops in NYC do what I mentioned. It's usually the cops in the rural areas that have nothing else to do that do all that investigation stuff. I mean, the cops here will take the kid's name etc... but won't really start looking for him, unless he's got some sort of problem (mentally etc...) for usually 24 hours. They just have too much to take care of, when 99% of the time, the kids that "run" away are just out chillin and come back home a day later.

USAFHummer

Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:34 pm

To me being a good kid has absolutely no bearing on my parents treatment of me protective-wise...I consider myself to be a good kid...I dont cause trouble, never have, I try to be as cooperative as possible, yet my parents are still extremely overprotective, and a bit paranoid as well...I cant wait to get out of here and off to college where Im a 3.5 hour flight away and they cant interfere at all...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

lubcha132

Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:36 pm

if your parents don't want you to do this, maybe you shouldn't.

gocaps16

Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:46 pm

if you are gone for 24 hours, then you are considered missing and then the police will start a search party on you.

Kevin

redngold

Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:37 pm

I never snuck out of the house until I was 19 years old... I was staying at my parents' house, and they still held a curfew and house rules on me, which I honored. But I wanted to go out and paint the hill across the street (part of the school's fields, it made a natural "billboard" for various statements.) So I snuck out with my paint cans and brush, and painted my stuff... then snuck back in.

Part of the reason why I did that was so that my parents wouldn't know that I was the person who painted the field. I was keeping them from saying anything to me, and keeping them out of the loop just in case I was caught perpetrating the crime of "vandalism."

The next day, the school district's levy elections were held, and voters who passed the field on the way to vote at the school gym were greeted by ten-foot letters spelling

VOTE YES!

redngold
Up, up and away!

gocaps16

Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:23 pm

So redngold! THAT WAS YOU? I thought it was the clarinet section leader who painted it.

Kevin

Soku39
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:20 am

Man I was only gone for 2 or 3 hours. You folks sure are crazy about safety though. I am a good kid and this is the only time I've done it for Christs sakes. You all make it sound as if your guarenteed dead as soon as you sneak out once. (Those who know me know I could care less though  Smile ) And Kevin there's plenty to do on the eastside other than dodge cops on skateboards (Not worth sneaking out). Ah respect respect respect. Who cares what they don't know don't hurt them.
The Ohio Player

redngold

Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:50 pm

Kevin,

Based on your profile, I don't think you lived in Ossining, NY, in 1993... which is where and when I did that.

redngold
Up, up and away!

mirrodie

Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:44 pm

So why did you have to sneak out? What sort of business did you need to attend to?

girls?
drugs?
mischief?

I mean, what sort of business takes place in the dead of night other that what I jsut wrote and other than what Redngold wrote (now THAT's original!)
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st