redngold

I Don't Like Your Opinion, So...

Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:33 pm

I'm going to say something about it... However:

1. I believe in freedom of conscience, so you are entitled to form an opinion of your own.

2. While I may not agree with your opinion, I respect your right to have your own opinion.

3. That said, I respect your right to express your opinion in an appropriate manner.

4. That said, I expect you to allow me to express my opinion in an appropriate manner.

5. And all of that being said, I will try my hardest not to insult your intelligence, attack your person verbally or physically, or otherwise be destructive in my discourse with you about our respective opinions.

6. Oh, and facts, please... Not just emotional bluster and pissing matches.

signed,
redngold
Up, up and away!

david b.

RE: I Don't Like Your Opinion, So...

Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:38 pm

Those should be the new rules for this forum.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

We're Nuts

Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:01 pm

What, pray-tell, brought about this?
Dear moderators: No.

KROC

Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:40 pm

What, pray-tell, brought about this?

Perhaps the inept ability of about 85% of the users to accept other opinons than their own.....

TechRep

Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:42 pm

ADG are you reading this?

TechRep

airplay

Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:11 am

Kettle=TechRep
Pot=ADG
Black=What the Kettle is calling the pot...

We're Nuts

Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:51 am

We all know and understand that, KROC. So why is this post here? Something specific must have upset her.
Dear moderators: No.

KROC

Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:06 am

Maybe, We're Nuts, she is just making a point. A point clearly lost on 85% of the users on this forum.

redngold

Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:24 am

Ding ding ding ding ding WHOOP WHOOP!

KROC, you win the prize!

Yes, I am trying to make a point about this forum in general.

Regards,
redngold
Up, up and away!

Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:58 am

Historically I have found that no matter how many "facts" you post someone will come along and call me anti-american rather than counter the facts.

TechRep, you are the perfect example of someone who ignores the facts. The Pot/Kettle/Black comment is fitting in this instance.

What's really funny is that the people the comments are relevant towards are the ones who come in and say "here here" ...  Wink/being sarcastic

ADG

aa61hvy

Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:35 am

I agree, most people on here will not accept anyone else's veiw but their own, which is, to me, the most igonorant move possible.
Go big or go home

KROC

Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:12 am

ADG, and when do you accept a viewpoint other than your own?  Insane

ctbarnes

Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:24 am

I wholeheartedly agree, Redngold. It's one of the reasons I rarely post here anymore, although I do have to admit I have not, at times, adhered to this code of ethics, and for that I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Good post!

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

clipperhawaii

Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:49 am

The answer KROC is never. However, it is how you go about countering a point that people have issues with.

Infact, there are many on here that have "issues" with themselves.

For me it's all fun in the end but for some it is so agenda driven. Just watch certain people. They seem to like lurking for certain people or comments. I suppose this is "their" fun?

Funny existence.

Regards to all

Roll On!
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:02 pm

ADG, and when do you accept a viewpoint other than your own?

Kroc, I have always accepted the right of others to have a viewpoint other than my own unlike the vocal minority in these forums. What I have little tolerance for is those with overly inflated opinions of their own egos.

Having said that however, I challenge you to find any reference to me referring to uses in terms such as :-

Bitch of Baghdad
Aussie Bitch
Sick Fuck
Aussie Priss

or similar.

You can make comment all you like, but the fact is that the only reason most people who are upset at me are is because they cannot counter issues with fact and the only other response is to get feral about it. You see, I don't see posting FACT as being anti-anything because facts are facts. If they are incorrect, counter them. If you believe they are being taken out of context then put them in context. But that does not occur with some of the more vocal people. Others try, sometimes they succeed and sometimes they do not, that's the nature of discussion.

This is, after all, a discussion forum and as you are aware you have scope to delete messages that do not abide by the rules, mine included.

ADG

KROC

Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:04 pm

ADG, thats irrelevant. I put as much stock into those that you listed, as I do in your ability to see things in a different point of view other than your own. And incase you don't know.....the stock level would be non-existant.

yyz717

Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:06 pm

You can make comment all you like, but the fact is that the only reason most people who are upset at me are is because they cannot counter issues with fact and the only other response is to get feral about it.

"Little Miss Innocent" huh ADG???

I recall in late Febuary you calling someone an "ignorant racist" for daring to venture an opinion on some issue that offended your sense of self-righteousness. Hopefully, the recipient submitted your lovely comment as a delete suggestion.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

clipperhawaii

Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:13 pm

ADG just check back on your many posts (perhaps too many) Drop the ADG tag from them and read them. You will see that you come across a tad bit rude and condescending as you like to slip barbs in between the lines. Debate is wonderfull. Nastiness is not.

Sorry if people on here have you pegged but you allowed it to happen on your own volition.

This is not offered as an offense to you but just my feel of it.

Respectfully
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

IMissPiedmont

Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:12 pm

Elizabeths post should be printed and put in everyones wallet. Forget this forum, these should be rules followed in real life.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.