airworthy

Pentagon: Prove You're Alive Sadaam

Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:54 am

The Pentagon says they think they killed Sadaam and are challenging him to prove he is alive.

heavymetal

RE: Pentagon: Prove You're Alive Sadaam

Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:57 am

EXCELLENT NEWS. What possibly could the snake's writhing body do when it realizes the head is gone?

From my post last week, see point #3....

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/363462/

airworthy

Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:45 pm

Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:03 pm

If Australia was running the war we'd be running a book on whether he was dead or not and at what time of what day he was/is killed.

ADG

Illini_152

Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:06 pm

ADG, check Vegas; they've put odds on just about everything else. Like it's 1:1 that the Cubbies will be mathamaticly eliminated from the pennant in about 2 or 3 weeks  Smile

--
Mike
Happy contrails - I support B747Skipper and Jetguy

Glenn

Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:13 pm

Bugger this proving he's alive, my doesn't he get up and prove he is dead  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cathay112

Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:47 pm

Is anyone running a book?

My money is on still alive, but not for long!

Glenn

Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:16 pm

20 Bucks says he is mashed potato at the moment

erj190

Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:34 pm

Saddam his dead for four years, according to various sources.

The country is run by Saddams son Udday.

At least three Saddam-look-alike have been submitted to plastic operations to make them look even more with Saddam.

The voice registers being used as matrix to define who is or who is not Saddam, are from those persons.

The US is probably looking for a ghost.

Krushny

Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:44 pm

Saddam is dead since the first day of the war. The problem is that no one of his aides have had the courage to disclose this bad news to him.

(an old joke, originally about Spain's Franco who was in intensive care/life support for the last month of his long life).

cfalk

Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:30 am

If the Iraqi government admited he was dead, I don't know if they would be able to keep as much control over the population as they do. Iraqis have lived in fear of Saddam and his aura of invincibility and viciousness for 25 years. It wansn't necessarily Aziz and the other minions the people were afraid of - it was Saddam and his sons. If you kill the personality behind the cult, the cult generally does not survive long.

I don't know if he's dead or not. The worst would be if he simply disappears - no body, no trail. Iraqis would continue to fear his return, and reconstruction would be that much more difficult.

Ideally, he will be killed by the last bullet fired in this conflict.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

mt99

Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:45 am

I agree the worst will be if he becomes a "ghost". It can be done just look at Bin Laden. BBC reports that Iraqui TV says that Saddam will adress the Iraquis at 1700GMT
Step into my office, baby

Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:58 am

If I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd say that Hussien was turned into a fine red mist when the first shot was fired. And hopefully his sons met a similar fate.

Anyway, this regime is anything but forthcoming. (They could have prevented this war, for crying out loud).

'Speed

lehpron

Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:34 am

"The Pentagon says they think they killed Sadaam and are challenging him to prove he is alive. "

LOL! Now that certainly IS the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Where do I start with this? This is worse than demanding Saddam to give up. Why on earth would you show yourself if you've got a gun to your head??

If the Pentagon thinks (or says they think) someone is dead, how the heck is that person supposed to be responsible for proving otherwise. That statement show utter incompetence of the Pentagon's part -- they wielded this perfectly. It is the same excuse that they weren't sure if OBL was dead cuz they decided bombing everywhere "a good idea at the time" (quoted Rumsfeld).

That statement and the stupid one before it were entirely rhetorical and didn't need to be said, they were 'duh' statements. WTF?

The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

srbmod

RE: Pentagon: Prove You're Alive Saddam

Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:39 am

As each day goes by, I'm beginning to think that he is either a.) Dead or b.) Severely injured, and is too f***ed up looking as a result to appear on TV. With his personal bodyguard now protecting the Information Minister, one could think that he is the man in charge, since he has been the only major Iraqi official to actually be seen on TV since the hostilities recommenced. All of the "statements" from Hussein, Aziz, and other high-ranking officials have been either taped statements or read by the Information Minister. So who really is in charge?