L-188
Topic Author

South Korea To Send Troops To Gulf.

Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:05 am

Their national Assembly just approved sending 600 of their combat engineers and 100 medics to the gulf region.

Big thumbs up

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82924,00.html
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

clipperhawaii

RE: South Korea To Send Troops To Gulf.

Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:42 am

South Korean President President Roh Moo-hyun says "The fate of the country and the people depends on my decision. I came to the conclusion that helping the United States in difficult times and maintaining friendly U.S.-South Korean relations will help a lot in peacefully resolving the North Korean nuclear issue."

Smart! All I have to say is France, hello, HELLO. France, France, HELLO, France HELLO?

Roll On!

"You Can't Beat The Experience"

LHMark

Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:31 am

Just another case of the imperialist, aggressor, super-ignorant family-slaughtering market-targeting oil hungry culturally bankrupt Americans bullying an altruistic smaller nation that just wants world peace into reluctantly following its so-called 'coalition.'

Signed-Anyone with 'Sabena' in their name  Smile
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

clipperhawaii

Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:35 am

LHMark, good one!  Big thumbs up
Speaking of culturally bankrupt, I thought Sabena was bankrupt? LOL

Bad Clipper, bad Clipper!
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

donder10

Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:18 am

A significant move by Roh given the current geopoltical tensions in Korea causing a some what apparent rift between US and SK.This is a token gesture in 1 sense but a powerful one none the less as Kim has been trying to exploit the differences in the US+SK on how to deal with him.

L-188
Topic Author

Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:48 am

You know Donder, I didn't even think about the DPRK signaling of this move.

But you may well be correct that this move is probably ment more of a signal to Kim regarding SK and USA relations, then it is a show of support for the liberation of Iraq.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

donder10

Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:16 am

It sort of kills 2 birds with stone IMO,L188.It settles the issue of SK and Iraq which smooths over relations with the US(Roh had been strongly anti-US as a student)while futher strenghtening the relationship in the face of Kim's games.

The DPRK is more dangerous than Iraq anyway but way more of a hot potato with Kim stating that he will use nukes if sanctions are placed on NK as he views that as a declaration of war!