Does Your Supermarket Have Drag Queens?

Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:12 pm

Hey guys,

Since I am staying at my sisters the nearest supermarket is in Surry Hills (Coles) which is an inner city suburb that has a high proportion of gays / lesbians. Okay so I have seen that before, but what I haven't seen is the rather extensive collection of leather queens, transexuals and drag queens that shop there.

It takes me a whole lot not to laugh at some of the characters...

Standing in the checkout line behind me, one of these ladies (transexual I presumed) was 7 foot tall, had the *hair framing the face*, real boobs but guys hands and was a dead giveaway.

I looked in her trolley and it was full of gourmet catfood and kittylitter and nothing else.

I had to wonder... LOL

mb
(I live in a strange world)

Anyone have any funny stories from supermarkets?

RE: Does Your Supermarket Have Drag Queens?

Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:19 pm

and what was your shopping trolley full of?

ADG

Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:50 pm

ADG,

Part of the catering for the Biman Sari Club bash on saturday.

There were also a couple of guys in full leather regalia....

Mind you I stood out in my full suit, french cuffs etc etc.

Thursday is supposed to be bad (pension day for the nearby department of housing council flats)...

mb

lubcha132

Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:32 pm

you mean freedom cuffs  Big grin

you know, there was a drag queen in a supermarket in a music video once...10 points if you can name it.

Ilyushin96M

Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:02 pm

Some of the scary fat slags at the supermarket I shop at LOOK like they could be drag queens...dunno if that's a very flattering thing to say about drag queens.  Big grin

sccutler

Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:32 pm

MB, my office is in Oak Lawn section of Dallas, the epicenter of the Dallas gay community (although Dallas' gay community is largely mainstreamed, these days....).

One of the dominant grocery chains here is "Tom Thumb," and the Tom Thumb store in this 'hood is locally known as the "Mary Thumb."

Many interesting things to see, the gamut, including leathers and leashes, etc. Good fun.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

IMissPiedmont

Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:35 pm

You do indeed live in a strange area I think. The most odd thing I see is the ocassional woman in a skimpy bikini covered by a semi transparent robe. But that is good.

Of course I must add that I live way the hell out in the country where old fashioned prevails still.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

BlatantEcho

Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:36 pm

no offense, but I just want to ask, so what?

Do you need someone point out your human traits as your point out those of perfect strangers? They say different strokes for different folks so why make a big deal out of something that isn't?

George
They're not handing trophies out today

Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:47 pm

George,

Actually I take the piss out of everyone.

And *surprise surprise* I am gay so drag queens are not exactly something that is new to me. It's just that I find it funny there is such a concentration of them at my local. (And possibly having lived in upper middle WASP suburbia for 13 years.)

I *like* the fact my supermarket is so cosmo - always makes for an interesting visit.

mb

seb146

Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:42 am

Maybe I live in a conservative area. Maybe no one chooses to go out in drag 24/7. But whatever the case, since I have lived in the Portland area, the only thing I have seen similar to this are two male-to-female transexuals. That seems unusualy low since I have been here a year and a half.

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:54 am

Lub,

No "freedom" food over here, Australians (generally) don't partake in that petty "love you or hate you" moopoo....

Mx5,

There is one fugly woman that rolls around our computer markets on the weekend that I *swear* is a guy and this girl is HIDEOUS. *shudder*.... when she rolls around our way all the guys dissapear and i'm the only one left at the counter to serve (just in case).

Wow!

ADG

747-451

Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:55 am

At the Gristedes I shop at there is a rather mishapen middle aged "woman" who works as a checker. She is short, squat, has a large bust and definitely has "back". The only give away that she is a "man" is the beard (!). Nasty too.

Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:01 am

ADG,

That sounds scary!

There is a scary *huge* dude that raids (I kid you not) the food court in the bottom of my office tower.

He's clearly a bit of a nutter and buys huge quantities of food and scarfs it down like a pig - truly revolting - but the kicker is he growls at anyone who gets too close to him whilst eating, like a hungry dog.

mb

Ex_SQer

Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:27 am

My office in HNL is near Hotel St, and you sometimes get to see "mahu". Our SQ office in BKK is very near Patpong, which, unfortunately, is pretty tame by day.

Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:46 pm

Mx5,

I have a cat like that  Laugh out loud

ADG

Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:58 pm

ADG,

I've worked in the building for nearly 9 years and this guy is no *pussy*.

Perhaps a nice *subway* rep would like to come and help him out with a diet plan?

lol

Even the security people avoid him..

mb

Rickster

Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:51 pm

Still not sure yet if this one cashier at my Market (also working in the green grocer corner as well as in the milk and butter department) is a masculine women or a feminine man...very hairy legs and arms, brutal face, long hair, but very red lips and blond colored hair. LOL

Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:37 am

Answer to your question is :

*fugly*

mb
beware the greasepainted side