NoUFO
Topic Author

What Is Typical For Your Country?

Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:00 am

In an open society many of the old clichees just don’t work anymore. But what do you still consider typical for the country you are from?

I think it is typically German to
- consider everything possible "typically German".
- something completely different. I can't recall what it was. Perhaps I should stop drinking wine and go to bed instead.

Your turn ...

NoUFO - not exactly "typically German"
I support the right to arm bears

aerorobnz

RE: What Is Typical For Your Country?

Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:33 am

It is a typically NZ thing to complain about the referee/umpire if we lose a sporting event & then sack the coach & captain of the team. It is also typical of us to create problems that aren't there because we wouldn't have much to complain about otherwise. Also it is typical for a young kiwi to do a big OE for around a year before settling down and we all have a skeptical mistrust of any & all politicians.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

lparky

Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:34 pm

I hear the germans love David Hasselhoff...

LPL

Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:43 pm

Tabloids informing the public of a current England manager's private life.

TriStar500

Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:13 pm

Not being superficially friendly. Makes everyday life a little more rough than e.g. in the US (what's the point of asking how someone is doing if you give a rat's ass about the reply?), but if a German is friendly to you and talks to you about his private thoughts and life or asks how you are, you know it is not just a custom or a habit, but he actually cares about you personally.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!