wardialer

If Saddam Is Found Alive...

Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:58 pm

What he would be charged with by the USA? **IF HE WERE TO BE ALIVE**would he be charged for a Felony?

Or would they transport him to the US and receive the death Penalty?? What does everyones opinion has to say? Should he be in the hands of the US Marshals or the FBI?

My opinions before this war would still be to send the FBI (if permitted by International Law) and arrest him without a war to waste all those billions of dollars that would of benefit are economy and especially our schools.

XFSUgimpLB41X

RE: If Saddam Is Found Alive...

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:02 pm

Uh no.. he's not the US's jurisdiction. He would go to the world court for war crimes.
Chicks dig winglets.

CX747

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:04 pm

While the war will cost a pretty penny, the school systems haven't all been borded up and shut down. In all actuality, it is your LOCAL taxes that pay for your towns schooling. I'm sure when tax time comes your complaining about how little you had to give.

If Saddam was found alive, he would more than likely be taken into custody and tried as a War Criminal. Manuel Noriega and Slobodan could probably show him the ropes of prision life.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

Pilot1113

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:05 pm

>>Or would they transport him to the US and receive the death Penalty?? What does everyones opinion has to say? Should he be in the hands of the US Marshals or the FBI?<<

Are you just a little dilusional? The FBI couldn't operate in Iraq. It is just too dangerous for a civil law enforcement agency to operate.

Secondly, the FBI has no jurisdiction inside Iraq. Their jurisdiction ends at the borders of the US. They only operate oversees when requested to do so and even then only in a supervisory role.

Thirdly, are you joking about trying Saddam under our civil court system? He has broken no US laws. He has, however, broken numerous international laws. This means that he will be tried in a military tribunal, much like the Nuremburg Trial.

If Saddam is not dead and we manage to capture him alive, we will most likely try him in a military tribunal and he'll probably be sentenced to death if found guilty.

- Neil Harrison

clipperhawaii

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:06 pm

I don't think we will have to worry about it after tommorow.

STAY TUNED!

"You Can't Beat The Experience"

Pilot1113

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:06 pm

>>*IF HE WERE TO BE ALIVE**would he be charged for a Felony?<<

I would have to think that he'd be charge with more than just a simple felony.

- Neil Harrison

tbar220

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:07 pm

Since this is Britain's and America's war, does anybody else have jurisdiction over Sadaam if he's captured?
NO URLS in signature

TSV

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:08 pm

Without getting into comparisons but "Was Hilter found alive?".
"I told you I was ill ..." Spike Milligan

Glenn

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:08 pm

Thye'll get him for Tax Evasion

Pilot1113

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:10 pm

>>Thye'll get him for Tax Evasion<<

Worked for Al Capone.

- Neil Harrison

CX747

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:14 pm

To say that the F.B.I does not have jurisdiction is only half right. Currently the F.B.I is operating in Pakistan hunting down terrorists along with the C.I.A. Also, if the F.B.I. doesn't have jurisdiction or wasn't allowed to "arrest" him, then the C.I.A could always step in. They don't believe in that whole juris what thing  Wink/being sarcastic
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

Pilot1113

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:20 pm

>>Currently the F.B.I is operating in Pakistan hunting down terrorists along with the C.I.A.<<

The government of Pakistan has requested that the FBI assist them. Admittedly, I don't know what kinds of powers Pakistan has given the FBI. It could range from a supervisory role or to a special agreement wherein the FBI can arrest/take part in capturing Al Qaida fugitives.

However, more often than not the FBI operates in foreign countries in a supervisory role.

- Neil Harrison

jhooper

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:30 pm

would he be charged for a Felony?

Nah...He'd find a good lawyer and have the charges reduced to a misdemeanor, probably "disorderly conduct"

Big grin

Shouldn't we pursue Osama bin Laden with the same intensity that we're pusuing Saddam Hussein. Perhaps we are, it just doesn't make the news anymore.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

wardialer

Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:44 pm

Remember Waco? We could of done it like that. But no one ever listens to my point. This war was a waste concerning the money issue. And time.

cfalk

Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:15 pm

Are you kidding? He will not live to see a trial. He will be found hanging upside down from a streetlight à-la-Mussolini. Whether it is Iraqis who do it or Americans is immaterial to me.

Remember that he does have a few ruthless fans. If he were imprisoned, you might see a lot of hostage taking in order to get him released. Better to kill him right off the bat.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.