erj190

Mohammed Al Sahaf - Does He Drink?

Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:12 am

The Iraqi minister Mr. Mohammed Saeed Al Sahaf, is the face of the Iraqi government. Most of the officials disappeared.

I know Muslims can't drink alcohol.

But sometimes I think well...
...Maybe he...

Otherwise, which type or narcotic or drug do you think he is currently on?

NoUFO

RE: Mohammed Al Sahaf - Does He Drink?

Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:30 am

Otherwise, which type or narcotic or drug do you think he is currently on?

No alcohol today, as this GI has stolen his bottle of wine:

I support the right to arm bears

IHadAPheo

Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:25 am

I think it is more likely that Mohammed Saeed Al Sahaf's family is being held by the Fedayeen or the Baath Party and they are telling Mohammed Saeed Al Sahaf to say what he is saying or his family will be tortured and or killed. The man is not stupid (he was in fact the Iraqi ambassador to a few Nations and speaks very good English). I think he says what he says to stay alive and to keep his family alive.

Yours,
IHadAPheo
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

erj190

Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:30 am

We might as well think his family is being held by the Americans. The man is the best asset in the US inventory. The Iraqi credibility just sank because of him.

Next thing you hear, he will be arrested by the military, he will be interviewed behind bards and he will still claim there are no Americans in Baghdad, and that they will all burn in their tanks.

If it was not tragic, it would be laughable.

Boeing4ever

Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:25 pm

Held by the Americans? That makes NO SENSE! He would do something to help America such as give intelligence info to the Coalition Forces, not buzz the airwaves with FOX News Channel style dribble. He's simply doing his job. This is what Saddam's regime tells him to say. I'm sure even he knows none of the things he says is true.

Besides, this is IMPOSSIBLE! The Americans aren't within 100 miles of Baghdad and Iraqi Forces are victorious! Roy confirmed it!  Laugh out loud

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

Marco

Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:33 pm

Most of the members of the Baath parties are not religious, since the party is essentially secular. Also, Iraq was one of the most secular (and to some degree tolerant) Arab societies before all of these wars happened. Most of my parent's Iraqi friends drink.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Alpha 1

Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:34 pm

Erj190, in a tragic conflict, this guy is a breath of hilarity, that was sorely needed, in my view.

Who could have imagined that this guy would become one of the great media stars of this war!  Big grin Despite the fact that tragedy is going on around here, he now stands on a street, as rockets and bombs are flying around him, and helicopters are buzzing him, and small arms fire EVERYWHERE, and insists the Americans are being driven out of Baghdad.

I still wish some burly, 6'3" Marine named Billy Bob would step up behind him while he's talking, and just grin from ear to ear. I'd pay real money to see that.  Big thumbs up

jaysit

Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:49 pm

Actually there may be some truth to the assumption that his family may be held hostage. Tariq Aziz was often in the same predicament. I think that Saddam actually murdered Aziz' son or brother.

In any case, I'm looking forward to SNL this weekend. Who do you think will play Al Sahaf on the cast?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Alpha 1

Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:53 pm

In any case, I'm looking forward to SNL this weekend. Who do you think will play Al Sahaf on the cast?

Bring Eddie Murphy back for a cameo, and let him do it!  Big thumbs up

Boeing4ever

Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:06 pm

Bring Eddie Murphy back for a cameo, and let him do it!

The Iraqi Information Minister says this is impossible...SNL has been knocked off the air by SCUD missiles and Iraqi's are now encircling Albuquerque, NM. Roy confirmed it...so it has to be true!  Big thumbs up

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

Glenn

Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:09 pm

It has been a long time standing misconception that those who make the rules abide by them.

So if there is a rule you can't drink Alcohlo, I would say they do.
Applies to most all poliyticians
Churches
Anti Abortion protestors (remembers the killings of Drs, becasue they don't like killings)
and greenies. well a good cause at times but so mis managed.

Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:17 pm

Erj190, in a tragic conflict, this guy is a breath of hilarity, that was sorely needed, in my view.

I agree, I think he's fantastic ..

I do worry about those who get riled up by him. Why?

ADG

MSY-MSP

Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:07 pm

One of the Partners at my firm found this web page of Al Sahaf. It is abosolutely hillarious, regardless if you are pro or con on the war. Just click the words and hear what he him say it.

http://www.croqueweb.com/download2.html

I particularly like the clip about cutting them to pieces. Fun to listen to.

MSY-MSP