MxCtrlr
Topic Author

New Boston Album Corporate America - Anyone?

Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:11 pm

Has anyone here heard the new Boston album Corporate America? If so, what are your thoughts on it. I personally, like the "new" sounds but absolutely love "I Had a Good Time" and "With You" (which doesn't sound like any othe Boston song but Kimberly Dahme is fantastic!  Big thumbs up)

You thoughts?

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

Superfly

RE: New Boston Album Corporate America - Anyone?

Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:36 pm

I have every Boston LP up to 'Walk On' (1994)
The first three were awesome but the fourth one made me want to break the record over my knee. I kept it only because it was a limited pressing on LP.

Is Brad Delph on this one?
Bring back the Concorde

JetService

Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:46 pm

'More Than A Feeling' to this day is the world's greatest song ever.
"Shaddap you!"

MxCtrlr
Topic Author

Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:29 pm

Superfly,

Yes, Brad Delp is back with the band and it shows on "A Had a Good Time", plus the addition of Kimberly Dahme gives a vocal dimension the band hasn't had before (not that it lacked it). I agree with Walk On. It took a while before some of the stuff grew on me but it isn't one of my favorite Boston albums.

JetService,

If I had to pick an all-time favorite Boston tune, it would be either Peace of Mind or A Man I'll Never Be.

DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

MxCtrlr
Topic Author

Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:57 pm

For those who want to sample five tracks from the new album (Corporate America), go to http://www.bandboston.com/boston_newalbum_01.htm and click on the link to sample tracks.