We're Nuts
Topic Author

Pecking Order At Airliners.net Established II

Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:56 pm

Well, after literally weeks struggling with an extremely rude and uncaring moderator here (*cough* KROC), I decided to just repost the whole thing. Keep in mind when replying to this one that thanks to a certain over-sensative someone, I never got to read your original replies.  Sad

So, with no further ado, the new, un-offensive version!
Dear moderators: No.

RE: Pecking Order At Airliners.net Established II

Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:11 pm

Nutsy,

Who cares?

This will get deleted *probably*..

mb  Big grin

tbar220

Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:15 pm

Its just frustrating when they've been going for quantity over quality.
NO URLS in signature

VonRichtofen

Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:36 pm

What's this all about?  Confused

UTA_flyinghigh

Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:03 pm

Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud

And, oh, I almost forgot :
Anybody missed the F/O who thinks he's an ostrich ?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Ronciere

Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:15 pm

Wow .. nearly three weeks old ..

*yawn*

and old news anyway .. because it was eclipsed by ...

(pic supplied by KLAX and hosted by ADG)

ADG

Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:18 pm

By the way ... i've argued with some mods about some things for a while .. but if you were arguing about THIS thread for that amount of time you really need to re-assess your priorities.

ADG

707CMF

Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:52 pm

And don't forget :

View Large View Medium

Photo © Antoine Ossadzow

Guess how this air to air shot was taken ?

UTA, vieille whore

KROC

Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:19 pm

Come on now Nuts. I wacked your last thread, because someone was "upset" at being called a whore. Couldn't be helped. I'm not sure, but I think you should give yourself the Alpha award for your crying.  Big grin

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:08 pm

Who was upset at being called a whore and why is a moderator telling us about it in the public forum?

ADG

KROC

Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:33 pm

Uhm ADG, the reason a post was deleted isn't exactly top secret information. See, if a post gets deleted, making known the reasoning behind such actions just might prevent the same type of post in the future. THATS WHY A MODERATOR IS TELLING YOU ABOUT IT IN A PUBLIC FORUM.

UTA_flyinghigh

Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:52 pm

The (yeah,right) air to air shot was in fact 707CMF putting his (awful) camera on top of a tree branch and praying that the shutter vibrations would not cause it to fall Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

707CMF

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:07 am

And what about that one :

View Large View Medium

Photo © William Ronciere

Come on... a runway 05 at CMF ????

UTA_flyinghigh

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:09 am

You missed the biggest aircraft at CMF  Laugh out loud Sure Charles wasn't screening this morning  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

We're Nuts
Topic Author

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:10 am

Well this won't be the first useless thread I've started.  Sad

707CMF

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:12 am

I'm sure Jean-Luc Vandamme is going to go berserk (whatever) and will menace you with sanctions from Johann !!!

[Edited 2003-04-23 17:15:08]

UTA_flyinghigh

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:14 am

it's written berserk, you French f*g, anyways, this post iz gonna get deleted any time soon...

707CMF

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:19 am

And I thought *this* was the biggest aircraft at CMF :

View Large View Medium

Photo © William Ronciere

It looks like some spotter should really stick to their light aircraft speciality...

aa61hvy

Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:30 am

With ADG and Glenn posting so much, it makes one wonder how boring their lives must be!
Go big or go home

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:50 am

I'm not talking about the reason for deletion but rather the person asking for the deletion. You have identified one of 2 people as having done so. I find that inappropriate and am also a tad confused because I know Glenn didn't request deletion so that leaves only me. I can't remember doing so although I may have but I can't see how I would have been "upset at being called a whore", nor do I believe you should be releasing that information into the public forum.

See am surprised that you have effectively said "Glenn or ADG are upset at being called a whore" which is far different from "someone took offense to the use of the term whore". Remember also, that this isn't the first time you have done this and you cant' use this excuse for the other time.

AA6: then you'd be very wrong  Laugh out loud

ADG

We're Nuts
Topic Author

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:10 am

Glenn did it, but I fixed the problem and now it's back. I am vindicated.

L-188

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:12 am

Hey guys, it is only bandwith.

Frankly would try and match those with the mass postings, but I simply can't type that fast.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

KROC

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:13 am

ADG...I'm not even going to bother. I have some grass I need to watch grow.

We're Nuts
Topic Author

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:15 am

I have some grass I need to watch grow.

On Matty's back?

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:20 am

Interesting how the conversation becomes boreing the moment you are requested to justify your actions.......

We're Nuts: Glenn said he didn't do it ..

*ADG sneaks a peek at Glenn wondering if his bios battery is winding down and old timers disease is kicking in*  Laugh out loud

ADG

N766UA

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:22 am

Speaking of......

My grass needs cut, I think I'll go do it. Thanks for the reminder, guys!
This Website Censors Me

Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:51 am

It's not my job to cut grass .. that's mens business  Laugh out loud

ADG

yyz717

Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:33 pm

Glenn said he didn't do it ..

Maybe he mislead you.

Either way, does it matter? Get a life.

ADG...I'm not even going to bother. I have some grass I need to watch grow.

KROC, I highly recommend you forget about the grass and place the necessary priority on this little obsessive-compulsive emergency.  Insane
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

L-188

Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:35 pm

Silly people.

Grass is meant to be smoked.

Not cut

Laugh out loud
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:23 pm

L-188,

But not in trafficable quantities ...

ADG

KROC

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:49 pm

Hmmm, ADG. I explained my actions. I deleted a post, that was requested for deletion by yes the user 'Glenn' saying "he wasn't a whore". Now, I felt that was justification enough to delete the post, because HE did not want to be parodied in that way. If he says he did not do it, he is either a.) lying, or b.) someone knows his password and used his account to suggest deletion of the thread. And again, if you cannot understand and accept the reasoning of making it known why the post was deleted, especially in light of the policy on paroding users, then thats a you problem, not a me problem.

Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:49 pm

Hmmm, ADG. I explained my actions. I deleted a post, that was requested for deletion by yes the user 'Glenn' saying "he wasn't a whore".

Hmmm... time to book him in for an old timers check  Laugh out loud ... and at least it cleared up that I didn't do it  Laugh out loud .. didn't think I had.

But the fact is, that I thought the whole "suggest deletion" issue was considered confidential. Seems to me that confidentiality issues come and go depending on the issue at hand, don't you think?

Now, I felt that was justification enough to delete the post, because HE did not want to be parodied in that way. If he says he did not do it, he is either a.) lying, or b.) someone knows his password and used his account to suggest deletion of the thread.

Most likely just old and forgot he'd done it.

And again, if you cannot understand and accept the reasoning of making it known why the post was deleted, especially in light of the policy on paroding users, then thats a you problem, not a me problem.

Actually, i'd say it was a "you" problem Kroc. After all, there is no valid reason at all to release that information into the public forum, We're Nuts was already fully aware of why you deleted the message and nothing was gained by making the comment in this thread except indicate to me that you are not treating the suggested deletion messages with the necessary confidentiality.

I have message after message after message from moderators telling me that if I have issues with posts I should suggest deletion rather than respond and yet it is now clear that if we use the suggest deletion option we run the risk of being identified by you in the public forum.

Hardly justifies the use of the suggest deletion button now does it?

ADG

KROC

Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:36 pm

ADG. I'm going to say this for the last time. Simply because you are an instigator in its purest form, and you are not concerned with anything I am saying, rather you are more worried about finding something, anything you can to argue. Whatever floats your boat, but don't get all shocked when I decide to not play along. Anyway, here goes for the last and final time.

I was asked why the original thread was deleted. NOW, a moderators reasons for deleting a thread as far as I know are not "confidential". In this instance, I said that a user being parodied did not like it, and therefore, according to the new established guidelines is grounds for deletion. Not likes its a big deal. Now, I never mentioned who, although in this case, for the astute observer, it would be one of 2 people, but 99.9% of us most likely could care less. In me making it more wider known the delete reason....it was because it went along with the newly established guidelines of users being parodied, I simply made it known again MY reasoning for deletion. YOU got all fired up about naming the user and such, then proceeded to tell me it wasn't you or Glenn. Guess what, if Glenn doesn't want to be parodied, the users cannot guess that, or if he doesn't want to be called a "whore" even in an off the wall joking manner, the users cannot guess that, so in essence, if becomes the mods job to get that known. You know, a way of avoiding offending posts before they start or continue. If you still have a problem with that, like I said, its on you, not me. I stand my my deletion, and I stand my my reasoning, as well as informing WN why his post was deleted. He was the one who started the new thread, listing off reasons why. I did not tell him to do so, or use any of my reasoning for the original deletion that he gets in his email (as you are well aware of yourself), and ultimately that is the reason why your "confidential" information became public. If anything, give him a ration of crap, as I stand fully behind my actions.

KLAX

Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:54 pm

Glenn is the "sitting on the cat" whore....

-CloviS

Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:34 pm

and you are not concerned with anything I am saying,

Actually, I have a great concern about what you are saying and hence my raising the issue. This is not the first time you have moved private comments into the public forum and you are the only moderator i've seen do this, hence my raising the issue.

rather you are more worried about finding something, anything you can to argue.

Rot. It's an issue I raised last time you did it and it should have been obvious to you i'd raise having caught you doing it again.

Whatever floats your boat, but don't get all shocked when I decide to not play along. Anyway, here goes for the last and final time.

If you don't want it raised perhaps you should consider your actions.

I was asked why the original thread was deleted.

Actually Kroc, you weren't asked any such thing (well not above anyway).

NOW, a moderators reasons for deleting a thread as far as I know are not "confidential".

Never said they were .. however the thread was deleted because a rule was breached, not because "someone got upset at being called a whore".

You say: I wacked your last thread, because someone was "upset" at being called a whore. Then you say I deleted a post, that was requested for deletion by yes the user 'Glenn' saying "he wasn't a whore".

The second statement does not validate the first. You actually posted your opinion of the forum deletion request and in doing so you appear to have misrepresented it in a negative way. Saying "he wasn't a whore" is not "upset" at being called a whore at all, it's merely pointing out an inaccuracy.

In this instance, I said that a user being parodied did not like it,

Not until post 30 you didn't. (after you were taken to task for your behaviour).

and therefore, according to the new established guidelines is grounds for deletion. Not likes its a big deal.

The fact that the post was deleted or that someone requested it isn't a big deal, you might try and grasp the concept, it may help with the discussion.

Now, I never mentioned who, although in this case, for the astute observer, it would be one of 2 people, but 99.9% of us most likely could care less.

No, because 99% of you weren't one of the 2 people mentioned, nor were 99% of you represented as "being upset at being called a whore", which as seen above appears to be a misrepresentation on your part. I was one of the 2 mentioned above and I do not like the inference that you made. As you are aware, this is not the first time I have been on the receiving end of you releasing information from those forum deletion post messages into the public forum.

In me making it more wider known the delete reason....it was because it went along with the newly established guidelines of users being parodied, I simply made it known again MY reasoning for deletion.

Wow! you've told everyone that ADG *or* Glenn don't like being called a whore, you didn't mention parody and you weren't asked for justification. Indeed the original poster whilst having his whinge above was quite specific about some type of private discussion between himself and the moderator who deleted the post (you). Thus indicating that it had been discussed already with him and no further discussion was required, particularly in the public forum.

Guess what, if Glenn doesn't want to be parodied, the users cannot guess that, or if he doesn't want to be called a "whore" even in an off the wall joking manner, the users cannot guess that, so in essence, if becomes the mods job to get that known.

What garbage. IT has nothing to do with *parody* (one thing that is becomming very clear is that you guys have no idea about what parody is). This was clearly a specific incident. By your logic you have told the forum that Glenn or I don't like being parodied, but that's simply garbage and not based in any fact at all. Its' simply your interpretation of the facts based on one forum deletion post made by one person. Incorrect, irrelevant and unnecessary under the circumstances.

I'm not *fired up*, i'm merely pointing out the the facts. You opened the discussion up when you decided to make what appears to be a smart arse comment that misrepresents the facts.

You know, a way of avoiding offending posts before they start or continue.

Pointing people at the rules would be more appropriate.

If you still have a problem with that, like I said, its on you, not me.

I dont' accept that.

I stand my my deletion,

I haven't questioned that.

and I stand my my reasoning,

I haven't questioned that either (assuming we are talking about the reasoning behind the deletion).

as well as informing WN why his post was deleted.

This is where we differ in opinions. I think that if he has engaged in discussion already in private, why air it in public and in the manner in which you did?

He was the one who started the new thread, listing off reasons why. I did not tell him to do so, or use any of my reasoning for the original deletion that he gets in his email (as you are well aware of yourself), and ultimately that is the reason why your "confidential" information became public.

I disagree. Seems to me he piqued your pride and you snapped back in what I feel is an inappropriate manner and I don't think you've justified that action at all.

If anything, give him a ration of crap, as I stand fully behind my actions.

Give him crap? Hmm.. he did identify the moderator and have a whinge, but he's a user, if that breaches the rules in any way you should have utilised the Suggest Deletion button instead of engaging in a tit for tat attack, this is a standard suggestion given by many moderators to us users, you should be well aware of that. There was no requirement for you to respond as you did and as you are one that moderates the site your behaviour should be an example for the rest of us, what example have you shown us here Kroc?

ADG

777236ER

Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:35 pm

Who the FUCK cares?!
Your bone's got a little machine

AC320

Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:43 pm

A bit crude, but can't argue with that.
fuddle duddle

Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:13 am

I want to see KROC and ADG duke it out  Big grin

Can anyone get a photo of this???

DeltaASA16

KROC

Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:47 am

Funny how ADG must always get the last word, no matter what.

Delta my man.............How about no, lol. That would mean a face to face meeting, and that alone would shatter my integrity.  Big grin

Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:54 am

Funny how ADG must always get the last word, no matter what.

I'm amused that rather than address it you choose to duck, twist and evade the issue.

I see the issue is an important one and I wished to bring it to the attention of others.

Who cares?

I can think of about group of people at this moment.

ADG

KROC

Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:59 am

I'm amused that rather than address it you choose to duck, twist and evade the issue.

I see the issue is an important one and I wished to bring it to the attention of others.

Well lets see. I thought the issue was important too, hence my explinations. Matter of fact, I dropped the SAME explination several times. YOU ADG choose not to accept it, and YOU choose to instigate, and argue, no matter what, just because it would appear that is what floats your boat. I did not "duck, twist and evade" the issue, as I answered the questions several times, and each time, the same way. I think Yyz717 hit the nail on the head when he said This ENTIRE incident suggests ADG may NOT be in total control of either anet or Glenn. Neither is acceptable. Because I choose not to continue to respond with you, which would mean I would have to keep replying with the SAME answers, because you just don't get it only means I'm not going to piss away my time arguing with you over something going nowhere.

Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:13 am

Yyz is way off the mark as usual, and i'm surprised you'd grasp at something to ludicrous to make your point. I'm not usually in the habit of justifying my actions but I neither seek nor want control, i'd simply like to know that i'm not going to be quoted or misquoted every time you need an ego boost.

ADG

KAUSpilot

Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:16 am

LMAO

KROC

Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:24 am

You got me. Nothing like an argument over the internet for an "ego boost".  Yeah sure

Anytime you want to step into reality...then maybe a discussion would actually lead somewhere.....

Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:36 am

OK Kroc .. here you go, this is how I interpret your comments....

I read that you are saying that it is alright for members of the crew to pass on the contents of private eMails/correspondence into the public forum.

I questioned this and you argued vehemently in your defence. I questioned this and you took the smart arse attitude you did.

Ok, I accept your point and reword it this way:

Kroc says it is OK for CREW members to pass on the contents of private emails to others.

See my point now?

ADG

KROC

Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:28 am

ADG is like a black hole, because here I am sucked back into a war of words. If that is that YOU got out of my comments, so be it. Funny thing is, only you seem to have drawn this conclusion. So, for the upteenth time, let me break it down.

- Glenn wants the original thread deleted. It was.

- In the delete message, under "reason", I said that Someone was parodied, and did not like it, therefore the thread had to be deleted. Guess what, that is a legit reason, and all part of the delete reason.

- Nuts emailed me to ask what was wrong and could he fix the post. Well, to avoid the same thing again...I told him Glenn objected to being referred to as a "whore". Nothing wrong yet.

- Nuts asked if he changed it, could he repost the thread. Absolutely he can.

- Nuts is the one who "blew the lid off" the fact the original was deleted and why.

- When I first said I deleted the thread because someone was upset.....it is the same damn thing Nuts already said in his opening...Funny, you had no problem with that...knowing both threads were about you and Glenn. (Here is where your credibility starts dropping quick...for the record).

- From there, as you cried and I had to explain my reasonings, in accordance with the NEW policy of deleting posts where people are parodied and do not wish to be, this was a good example, and on top of that, if nobody knows Glenn does not wish to be parodied.....how will they know NOT to do it.

- So lets recap. Confidentiality of the Suggest Delete....never compromised by me. Nuts made the first mention of it. What would you have be do ADG...ignore the fact? I mean you act like the Admin here, so enlighten us all. People have a prime example of a new A.net policy, and people know that Glenn is not into being parodied. Oh, and we all learned upfront you only see things ADG's way, and like to instigate and argue no matter what is being discussed.

- So, if this is what you got out of our discussion Kroc says it is OK for CREW members to pass on the contents of private emails to others. , then you need to open your eyes a bit. ESPECIALLY SINCE I NEVER GAVE OUT ANY INFORMATION OF A PRIVATE EMAIL. So no, I don't see your point, as a matter of fact, you are triffling searching for a point.

heavymetal

Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:30 am

"The suspense is killing me. I hope it'll last" - W.Wonka

yyz717

Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:00 pm

Yyz is way off the mark as usual,

As opposed to ADG being ON the mark of course, because she is after all......always right.  Insane

ADG is like a black hole,

A pretty picture indeed.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

mirrodie

Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:29 pm

Mirrodie *share's 777236ER's, AC320's, and KAUSpilot's poignantviews and falls over laughing in hysterics...then gets serious but for a moment..*

Who was upset at being called a whore and why is a moderator telling us about it in the public forum? ADG Just to clarify one point. ADG began this debate. A mod can talk about the issue in a public forum since, AT FIRST, he never mentioned the name. Confidentiality was respected until you started probing.

Mirrodie *falls back off the chair, laughing uncontrollably*
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

We're Nuts
Topic Author

Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:43 pm

I think this is what it sounds like when doves cry.