ryanb741

Most Overrated Footballers

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:17 pm

Who do you think are the most overrated footballers in the World? My votes are?

1. Ronaldo - Sorry, but he just isn't that good
2. David Beckham - All he can do is hit the ball long
3. Michael Ballack - He thinks he is World Class - in reality he wouldn't get into many top sides
4. Wayne Rooney - Scored 4 goals all season. Must be as good as Pele then.....
5. Michael Owen - HAs pace but that is it
6. Ashley Cole - Can't defend and is a dirty cheat
7. Luis Figo - You lazy git
8. Roberto Carlos - Great attacking midfielder but useless left back
9. Francesco Totti - Lame, crybaby cheat
10. David Seaman - What was that - whoops it was the ball
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

KROC

RE: Most Overrated Footballers

Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:31 pm

I would say the guy who always fakes like he hurt his leg to stop the clock.

The guy who runs around like an airplane after scoring a goal.

The guy who beat up the referee over a "disputed call".

The guy who likes to attack fans and vice versa.

Wait, thats like 99.9 percent of Soccer players.......  Big grin

Sorry Soccer Fan, I couldn't help myself.

Andreas

Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:41 pm

Ok, that's a bit hard on the English side, but I do accept Beckham. That guy is a fu..ing cry-baby.
During the world championships there were in some English newspaper two pics, one of Ballack, one of Beckham, both shown on the playfield crying bitter tears. Beckham cried because he had received a kick to his leg and hurt soooooo much, poor little boy. Ballack had just received his second yellow card and knew he wouldn't be playing in the final. 2 minutes after both pics were shot, Becky-boy left the field, whereas Ballack shot Germany into the final! That's the difference. So I don't think Ballack is overrated, but he was injured during most of the season...in prime condition he belongs into the group of top players.

I know it's only VfB but I like it!

POSITIVE RATE

Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:09 pm

I disagree about Ronaldo. I think he is a superb player. Almost every match he plays in he scores at least 1 goal.

aviationmaster

Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:19 pm

<<9. Francesco Totti - Lame, crybaby cheat>>

I have to agree with Ryanb741 on that one. Big grin

LHMark

Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:07 pm

Come on, KROC! Everything about soccer is beautiful except the Rhinos' cheerleaders (the Rhin-ho's). But at least their choreography sucks...

Ryan, I think Bayern-Munich qualifies as a "Top Side," and Ballack has made an impact with the national team.

Tony Sanneh is overrated. This US national team defender even got into the doghouse with FC Nuremburg, a team that needs all the help it can get.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

DaV

Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:07 pm

In Italy we ususally take jokes against Totti for its pour (Italian!) speaking and attitude, but when comes time to play, he usually shows great class. On the list above I would take just Seaman and Cole, I like very much Roberto Carlos and Beckham. I dislike totally Ronaldo, Figo and Tottis' attitude, but they are still very good players!

DaV
Two monologues do not make a dialogue

Confuscius

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:05 am

Junior Seau

Ain't I a stinker?

LPL

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:18 am

I agree with George Best. All Beckham can do is cross and take good free kicks. Add to that calling your children stupid names Big grin

Arsenal@LHR

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:23 am

Emile Heskey, how he continously get's into the England team is beyond me, forget the fact that he plays well in 1 out of every 10 matches then disappears.

Plus, every Leeds United player!
In Arsene we trust!!

racko

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:33 am

Ballack ain't overrated, just look what happened to Leverkusen after he left them. He leads a team and is a true director, plus he's a very good scorer too.

I agree about Ronaldo, he's not as good as the media paints him.

hartsfieldboy

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:45 am

Ronaldo - Sorry, but he just isn't that good

So the guy who scored the most goals during the World Cup, the only two goals in the World Cup Final game and plays on one of the top ranked teams (Real Madrid) in the world just isn't that good? Yeah, and Pelé is overrated also.

Banco

Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:24 am

It's a bit harsh to call Rooney over-rated. He's only 17 years old for heaven's sake. So he's only scored four goals, he's only played about ten games! He's extremely promising, but nowhere near the finished article of course. the point is that no-one else in recent years (in England that is) has had so much potential at such a young age. Whether he will continue to develop is, of course, the crucial point.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Andreas

Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:36 am

btw: German yellow press says Becky will leave ManU and bring his whole ridiculous entourage to Real Madrid for EUR 36 mn. (except his hairdresser, this one will have to be flown into Madrid every other day to clean up the mess on Becky's head...or create a new one Big grin).
Didn't I read somewhere Real is basically bankrupt...?

Arsenal@LHR

Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:32 am

Real are in debt, yet they continue to buy the world's best players as if money grow's on trees.

As for Ronaldo, he is no doubt one of the 3 best strikers in the world, as for being *the* best? Hmmmmm........my man Henry has that honour.  Big grin
In Arsene we trust!!

racko

Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:11 am

The city of Madrid donated them hundreds of millions by buying way overpriced areas which were owned by Real. Someone should apply the same tight financing rules to Italy & Spay as they are in place in England & Germany.

bmi330

Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:34 am

Ronaldo is so underrated its untrue hes the best in the world period!
Raul is a bit over rated I think but and wont be missed 2 night anyways must bash footballs on in a few mines.

bmi330

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:23 am

told you big Ron was not over rated.

Arsenal@LHR

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:29 am

told you big Ron was not over rated.

You made a nice forecast about Ronaldo brutha.
In Arsene we trust!!

HOMER71

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:34 am

Brice Sewell, bar none, especially when Omaha United played Real Savannah last year in the Lord's Cup...nothing but flash and no substance!  Big grin
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

Jj

Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:53 am

Mine are:

Roman Riquelme
Rio Ferdinand
David Beckham
Ariel Ortega

I mean... they can play.... but are they rally worth thaaaat much? Plus there was this guy in Leeds united which I don't remember now, that fits in here too...

Glenn

Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:34 am

My votes would have to go to the Austrzlian NRL players who think they're worth a pretty penny but then make basic mistakes, like not able to catch a ball. I believe some don't even know the rules.

Another trying to get the top of the ladder is the Ex St George player, who quit to play Rugby but now decides he wants to go back. I have an answer to that for the club. REMEBER ANTHONY MUNDANE

Continental

Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:48 am

Confucious: I think Junior Seau is underrated!!

co

Andreas

Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:28 pm

I guess the discussion about Ronaldo should be ended by now..btw did someone here see ManU-Real yesterday evening? 3 goals, what else do you want?? But a great game it was!!

LPL

Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:13 pm

Jon Arne Riise is an overated player. He scores one good free kick, and all the others have hit the wall!

VonRichtofen

Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:27 pm

Good point KROC,

not to mention that when a soccer player gets "hit" (would be called a "tap" in any other sport) he goes down like he's been shot.

And then we hear about players like Beckham crying because he hurt his leg ROTFLMAO CRYING!!! I bet the Canadian womens hockey team could kick these guys asses.

Gotta love soccer  Big grin

Krushny

Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:56 pm

Every player bought by FC Barcelona in the last three years, with the possible exception of Javier Saviola. Lately they been taking a bunch of losers for 10-20 M$ a piece , no wonder they are now in a state of crisis.

And about Ronaldo overrated, just take a look of yesterdays match. Who is in the front cover of most of today's papers?? He may be lazy, but if you give him space he trashes your team in a minute...

MxCtrlr

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:31 pm

I know its the "wrong football" but Confucious, I can't wait to see how well Seau plays next season when he's with a winning team for a change! Zach Thomas, two Pro Bowl corners, two hard-hitting safeties and a D-line that is going to be killer! Couple that with a couple of speedy receivers, the league's leading rusher last year and a fairly accurate QB and this should be the team to watch and beat in the AFC!

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(