EGFF
Topic Author

Summer Transfer Speculations (Soccer)

Sat May 10, 2003 8:11 am

Hi Guys, anything to get away from these "Favourite Things" threads ....
Does anyone know of any interesting rumours as to who's buying who this summer, the only ones i've heard at the moment is:-
1.) Ronaldinho going to Man Utd, along with Ronaldo
2.) Pires, Ljungberg and Bergkamp all out of Arsenal, Cisse and Kleberson in ....
3.) Muzzt Izzet to Middlesbrough
and
4.) William Gallas to Liverpool

Anyone else have any transfer rumours?
Regards
Shaun  Smile
All together or not at all

qantas744

RE: Summer Transfer Speculations (Soccer)

Sat May 10, 2003 8:17 am

Either Di Canio, Kevin Phillips or Sheringham to come to Portsmouth.

Noone to go to Leicester, but a few will leave (money problems).

Can't think of anything else at the moment.....

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll

Arsenal@LHR

Sat May 10, 2003 8:48 am

Pires, Ljungberg and Bergkamp all out of Arsenal

That would be crazy, but they're all rumours and don't bet on anything until they happen. One thing is sure, Sheringham is out of Spurs.
In Arsene we trust!!

Thom@s

Sun May 11, 2003 12:33 am

Ronaldo to united sounds allright, but I doubt Real will give him up. (perhaps if United throw in Beckham aswell?)

Roumour also has it United are after Vieri, Ayala, Nesta and Roberto Carlos. But again these are all rumours, and old ones too.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

EGFF
Topic Author

Sun May 11, 2003 3:32 am

Vieri - Not a chance, i don't think Utd would be prepared to pay the wages he would like ..
Ayala - It's possible, he's a great player but i can't see Valencia giving him up
Nesta - If they can get Nesta i'll eat my pants, he's one of my favourite defenders and im sure he's rather the sun in Milan rather than the rain in Manchester  Big grin
Roberto Carlos - Probably the most likely, you can't bet against him not joining a team with Beckham in ..
Regards
Shaun  Smile

P.S, Matthew ... Di Canio i think will join Portsmouth no doubt, he will be one of the Premierships top goal scorers next season too if he does  Big grin

blink182

Sun May 11, 2003 4:18 am

There were(are) rumors on the non-european of the pond of Real Madrid buying Beckham.
Does anybody know anything about this?

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

ryanb741

Sun May 11, 2003 5:04 am

Man Utd to sign Patrick Kluivert, Michael Ballack and Philippe Mexes
Arsenal to sign Djibril Cisse
Southampton to Sign Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Emmanuel Olisadebe
Liverpool to sign Steve Finnan, Damien Duff and William Gallas
Newcastle to fight with Liverpool over Damien Duff.
Everyone to sign West Ham's players for peanuts when they go down

Oh, and:

Tottenham to announce the audacious near-signings of Ronaldo, Raul, Morientes, Nesta and Beckham, but to ACTUALLY sign Bobby Zamora
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

LPL

Sun May 11, 2003 7:30 am

Boumsong, Malbranque, Cisse, Finnan and Duff all to Liverpool.

EGFF
Topic Author

Sun May 11, 2003 7:32 am

LPL ... maybe Liverpool need to just re-build there side completely and start by selling Owen and Heskey to do themselves a favour  Big grin
Regards
Shaun

Thom@s

Sun May 11, 2003 7:22 pm

Blink, it's no secret that Real are buying the best of the best at the moment (i.e. Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo), and they have clearly stated that they are interrested in buying Beckham. Naturally this is great material for the british tabloids, so they come up with stories like "Beckham; yes I want to leave old trafford" and simillar. But Becks has also said that he intends to stay with the reds. And I believe he will. Why? Because we have seen this situation over and over in the past. Big clubs offering huge sums for the England midfielder, speculations about Beckham not being happy in United, and what has happened? He stayed with the club, and the media are left saying "so he didn't leave this time, but I'm sure we're on to something." (When they are actually thinking "nothing like a beckham/transfer story to make people buy our papers.")

So, to keep it short: Yes there are speculations that Real will buy Beckham, but I believe he will stay in Manchester, at least for another season.

EGFF, Nistelrooy said his favourite striker to partner up front would have to be Vieri, and I'm sure Fergie is keeping an eye on him. What is this you say about United's economy? If they want Vieri badly enough, I'm sure they can gather the transfer fee needed. As for Nesta, Ferguson came close to signing him a year or two back, and is still very much interrested in adding him to the team. But in my oppinion United should be looking for a striker of Ruud's quality. So Vieri wouldn't be a bad choise. (A shame Real snatched Ronaldo before United got him...)  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

mas a330

Sun May 11, 2003 11:04 pm

Nistelrooy said his favourite striker to partner up front would have to be Vieri, and I'm sure Fergie is keeping an eye on him. What is this you say about United's economy? If they want Vieri badly enough, I'm sure they can gather the transfer fee needed.

Beckham, perhaps? lol

Thom@s

Mon May 12, 2003 1:09 am

Hehe, good one.  Smile Nah I was thinking more along the lines of the massive income the club has from souvenires and ticket sales.

Thom@s

LPL

Mon May 12, 2003 3:05 am

EGFF - No one will want to buy Heskey!

zizou

Mon May 12, 2003 9:41 am

EGFF, Ronaldo has always stated that he would only play for Arsenal in the EPL. Ljungberg, Bergkamp,Pires won't be going anywhere, Wenger hs stated this... Haven't heard of the Muzzy Izzet rumour. so can't comment and seeing that Chelsea has got qualification for the Champions League and Liverpool hasn't, Gallas will definately not be going there.

EGFF, Robert Carlos has said recently that he wanted to play for 3-4 years with Real Madrid and then finish his career in Brazil.

This is what I heard, I will only foucs on the first two in the EPL....

Man Utd -
In: Athirson (Juventus), Ronaldinho (PSG), Escude (Rennes), Robinson (Leeds), Nedved (Juventus), Nihat (Real Sociedad), Kulivert (Barcelona), Kewell (Leeds), Quaresma (Sporting)

Out: Blanc (released), Barthez (Monaco), May (released)

Arsenal -
In: Gallas (Chelsea), Mexes (Auxerre), Tiago (Benfica), Carew (Valencia), Recber (Fenerbache), Frey (Parma), Hoflund (PSV), Kewell (Leeds), Mills (Leeds), Robinson (Leeds)

Out: Luzhny (Charlton), Seaman (retired), Wiltord (Lyon), Keown (Man City), Stepanovs (released), Kanu (Fenerbache)

EGFF
Topic Author

Mon May 12, 2003 6:03 pm

"EGFF - No one will want to buy Heskey!"

Took the words right out of my mouth  Laugh out loud

Zizou ... some great predicitions there but i don't agree with some of them  Smile
Regards
Shaun

Thom@s

Wed May 14, 2003 11:26 pm

Can't believe I forgot Nedved.  Smile

Barthez isn't out for sure yet, is he?

Thom@s

Scotty

Thu May 15, 2003 12:20 am

Amoruso will move from the Huns to Blackburn

The Youngs from Dons to Dunfermline (gone already the useless baistarts)

And wait for it........

Jimmy Nairn to leave East Fife

bmi330

Thu May 15, 2003 12:46 am

New Barca manger, huge clear out and lots of new faces in.

Amo out of Ibrox this is like lossing god. Hes going to blackburn probs. replacing him with thomo I hink from sunderland.