jderden777

Do I Need A Visa?

Thu May 15, 2003 12:32 am

i'm going to europe in early june, and i just got my passport stuff taken care of (having it expedited)

i've heard talk of visas...now, noone at the courthouse where i got my passport processed said anything about a visa...now i've heard some people saying that you need a visa if you are wishing to travel overseas...

i'm just wondering if i need a visa if i'm planning to go from the US to france, netherlands, and germany?

any help would be appreciated - and if i do need a visa, what do i do to get one?

jonathan d.
"my soul is in the sky" - shakespeare

Andreas

RE: Do I Need A Visa?

Thu May 15, 2003 12:41 am

Well concerning Germany, there's this:

US citizens in possession of a valid US passport do not need a visa for airport transit, tourist or business trips (for stays up to 90 days).

It's the same vice versa, hopefully nobody plans to change that!

The German Consulate in Miami's website:
http://www.gcmiami.de/index.htm

There you'll find all infos online!!

Have a nice trip and see for yourself: Old Europe is much fun and not at all anti-American!!

Regards

Andreas
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

Hepkat

Thu May 15, 2003 1:35 am

Jonathan, American passport holders do not need a visa for travel in Western Europe (England, Scottland, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Greece) for a period of up to 90 days. If you plan to stay any longer, then in most cases you'll need to apply for a 6 months visa. If this is the case, then you should contact the appropriate consulate.

jderden777

Thu May 15, 2003 2:16 am

Andreas and Hepkat:

Thanks so much for the info - it looks like I won't need to worry about getting a visa for my trip...Only a couple weeks left until I leave, I'm excited!!!  Laugh out loud

thanks again,
jonathan d.
"my soul is in the sky" - shakespeare