tbar220

Can Two People F*** Just For Fun?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:44 pm

Well, can they? And can they expect it to mean nothing? What do you all think?
NO URLS in signature

jaysit

RE: Can Two People F*** Just For Fun?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:55 pm

Yes. Sex is sex, and love is love. And when they meet its wonderful. But when they don't it can still be pretty damn good.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

desertjets

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:00 pm

I will go on the premise that this is a real question. And the answer is yes. Plus it happens all the time.

And if you listen VERY carefully you can hear a couple screwing just for fun.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

PPGMD

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:31 pm

To me, No. But there are some that see things as Jaysit.
At worst, you screw up and die.

pacificjourney

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:35 pm

Certainly they can shag for fun and I must declare myself to be a fan. That said this whole idea of sex for sexs' sake is totally over-rated IMHO.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

jwenting

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:39 pm

Seeing how often it seems to happen, the answer must be yes.
But to me I don't consider it to be the way things should be.
I wish I were flying

IMissPiedmont

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:44 pm

That's quite a question indeed.

Yes, two people can have sex just for fun. That being said, humans are a rather complex species and what is good for one may not be good for the next. Add to this that we change readily over the years and you might see that things become very complicated.

For instance, 25 years ago I was able to have sex with no questions asked. Today, If I don't love the woman she will never see me naked. I'm still, naively, waiting for the day when I know she loves me also before the naked part.

BTW. Does your question have anything to do with another useless TV show that I heard about today?
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

tbar220

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:51 pm

Ok, let me throw this into the twist. Can two people who used to be in a close relationship f*** and tell themselves that its just for fun?

Piedmont,

No TV show involved, thank God.
NO URLS in signature

desertjets

Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:53 pm

To answer the new question... yes and no.

Either way it is bad times should such a situation occur.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:03 pm

The answer is yes.

I know lots of people who have f*^% buddies who are either just friends or are former partners.

Strange, but that is how the world works.

mb  Big grin

IMissPiedmont

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:06 pm

Yea Tbar220, two people can have sex with easch other with no guilt and no strings if they choose. I am old though and the only way I'd be having sex with an ex is.......Not a chance is God's green earth!

She's an ex for a reason. I love all of them but I want none back.

But I have no problem with people that will take another back, emotionally or physically. Not my life or my choice.

I just, at my age, believe that humans are more akin to wolves than dogs. Our nature is to take a mate for life.

I've quite truly been awake too long and feel that, perhaps. I make little sense but I hopr that perhaps I've said something that makes sense.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

hartsfieldboy

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:07 pm

Yes, I have a girl that I see once in a while. We are good friends and she is cool as hell, but we go at it occasionally and know that we don't want to be girlfriend/boyfriend.

tbar220

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:09 pm

Call me naive, but is it that easy to do? If you used to be in love with somebody, how can you suddenly get in the sack with them and pretend its nothing?
NO URLS in signature

hartsfieldboy

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:15 pm

Tbar220: I guess a couple of things have to happen:

-Both are physically attracted to each other
-Both love each other as friends and they don't want to ruin that friendship by becoming emotionally attached to each other later have it fall apart

At least I guess that's how I got into this.

MxCtrlr

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:25 pm

There are only two species of mammals that have sex for enjoyment - humans and dolphins - so the answer to your question is HELL YES!

Do you know what f**king is? It's what a man does to a woman, while a woman is "making love" that man!  Laugh out loud

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool

[Edited 2003-06-06 07:25:51]
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

L-188

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:55 pm

It is for Procreation........................ Not Recreation........

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

mirrodie

Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:32 pm

Yes, it happened quite a lot in college.

I had a few friends like that. 4 to be exact.

Needless to say, once another man enters their life for a long term commitment, ANY friendship that was once there will dissolve in its entirety.

Honestly, it was fun back then, but it gets old very quick and you end up really wanting more than just the physical aspect.

Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Stretch 8

Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:37 pm

Mirrodie: " . . . quite a lot in college . . ." You stud! Make sure you fiancee has all the details!

As for the fun of it, sure, in theory. But let's face it, we are talking about an intimate situation, where people really let down their guard (not to mention shorts). You accept vulnerability in exchange for a few intense seconds of shangri-la.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

cedarjet

Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:40 pm

Of course people can shag for fun. Most people have, as has been said above, fuck buddies.

On the other hand, Sex With The Ex is almost always a terrible terrible idea - I did it once and never again. Emotionally it was probably the worst self-inflicted thing I've done.

L-188, very funny. Good one.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

ben

Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:43 pm

Yes it does happen and yes, it's loads of fun!

Got quite a few 'buddies' like that... but Im still young, maybe I will see it a different way when I'm a bit older, as some of you have written above.

I dont see any problem with 2 (or 3 or more) people who are over the age of consent, being safe(!) and mature just having a good ol' time for the sake of it.

You're only young once.

airways1

Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:56 pm

I don't think this is a matter of right or wrong, or the way it should or shouldn't be. Simply, if two people want to, and can, then the question is answered - YES!

I think there are too many social rules which people tend to blindly follow and live by (religion, for one). Whilst it may be an advantage for societly as a whole that people who can't think for themselves are guided by these blanket rules, on a personal level, many people are limited for no good reason. I have only one rule I live by - if it doesn't effect anyone else in an adverse way, then do it!

airways1

ben

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:01 pm

You accept vulnerability in exchange for a few intense seconds of shangri-la.

Sorry to hear it... try thinking of the nine-times-table.. and when you have learned that, try extending the 12-times beyond 144. Works for me.

Wink/being sarcastic

Thom@s

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:16 pm

Oh, you meant sex? I thought F*** meant Fire, as in giving employees the boot. ---> Sacking!!

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

AC320

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:44 pm

Mirrodie's my new hero!
fuddle duddle

sebolino

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:08 pm

Answer to the question:

Of course they can, why not ? I've done it a couple of times.
There are some people that see each other regularly just for sex (they are sex friends).

Hepkat

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:17 pm

Yes, it can and does happen, however infrequently. It requires a cessation of all expectations and a clear separation between sex and love. Contrary to popular beliefs, the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Once you can understand and master this concept, you'll be able to have sex as often as you like without the slightest emotional attachment. Or if you prefer, you can have sex with that special person and experience the deepest, most intense emotions imagineable. In addition, you can love someone very profoundly and never have sex. It all has to do with mental and emotional discipline.

[Edited 2003-06-06 15:18:57]

TS-IOR

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:44 pm

I agree with L-188 when he said that it is for procreation and not for recreation.

Of course having a sexual relation is something that brings a certain amount of pleasure,but it could not goes to be a funny thing !!!

Anyway,still i am not an expert,oooh yes !!! I do not regret it.

Arsenal@LHR

Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:40 am

Me and Matt D do it all the time.

Signed KROC
In Arsene we trust!!

777236ER

Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:05 am

Well well, Mirrodie's dark side comes out!

Me and Matt D do it all the time.

Signed KROC

Can't argue with the man.
Your bone's got a little machine

Arsenal@LHR

Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:08 am

But i join in the action too.

Signed 777236ER
In Arsene we trust!!

emiratesa345

Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:20 am

LOL What a topic.

EmiratesA345  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

Matt D

Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:24 am

My experience has been that anyone that badmouths casual "fun" encounters are usually people that, for whatever reason (shy, ugly, whatever) are unable to partake in these experiences themselves. They secretly wish they could.

emiratesa345

Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:08 am

Matt D,

I find the exact opposite. I know plenty of very good looking girls who would never participate in such an activity. First of all, if you are a believer of the bible, it states that you will not have sex before marriage. Secondly, where I'm from, this makes a girl look very bad, a whore if you will. My standards are by far the highest out of any guy that I know. If you want we can discuss them sometime. Also some people don't have sex for the fun of it but for hmm.... What's the word? I don't know, but I'm sure you get the idea. Just my view on the matter.

EmiratesA345  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

aa61hvy

Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:20 am

I think people can have sex for fun, but there are ALWAYS emotions involved.

I am guessing more than half of the people here can not relate to this topic though.
Go big or go home

Matt D

Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:22 am

I find the exact opposite. I know plenty of very good looking girls who would never participate in such an activity.

That may be true with who you mentioned-SOME women. But rightly or wrongly, just the opposite is true with guys. Traipsing around with a bunch of women is seen as "manly" or "studly". A woman that does that is considered a tramp or slut. Where this gender inequity came from, I'll never know. And by the same token, I've known many women over the years that maintained diverse and frequent $ex lives, were beautiful and had a good level headed positive self esteems (or at least appeared to).

First of all, if you are a believer of the bible, it states that you will not have sex before marriage

There was a time, long ago when I believed that. It was during that time that I felt repressed, bitter, and confused with these feelings that I had.

My feeling now is (and you may disagree with this if you want) that God would not have given us $ex drives, organs, hormones, eyes, desire, and so on if he didn't want us to use them. Food was meant to be eaten. Homes were made to live in. Cars were made to drive.

And pu$$ies were meant to be fu**ed.

God does not make mistakes.

tbar220

Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:09 am

If it was with an ex, I dont think I could bring myself to do that. Although its known that it is very hard for a guy to reject sex  Laugh out loud

But I understand the other situations stated above.
NO URLS in signature

sebolino

Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:29 am

It is for Procreation........................ Not Recreation........

Sure, you're the one to tell me what to do with my ***** (censored to be sure to follow the rules).

vaporlock

Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:09 am

From a females point of view.....I can understand why it "could" and "could not" work.

I believe and have known lots of male friends who took their friendship to the next level with a girl......it worked for a while but once that male found a female and started a serious relationship with her....that female friend was no longer a friend. I have also known female friends who have had male friends that also took it to the next level...and the same thing happened...once the female found a steady male....they were no longer friends. And the girl always seems to get the reputation????

As far as I am concerned......friendship is friendship and sex is sex. I am older and have had many many and still have male friends. Good friends who go back a long way and who have been thru "hell" & "high water" but I have never crossed that line. Only because I never ever want to loose that "friendship". After all...friendship can never be compared to a few rolls in the hay.

Just my thoughts!

Phyllis  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

ben

Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:28 am

Thanks everyone for your contributions.... For and against, it's good to see everyone's point of view.

I'm reading this thread with interest, and replying between sending messages to a nice (new) young lady... hehehe.. oooh this is a fun game.

Neeext please!

mirrodie

Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:34 am

-777236ER and AC 320, you guys rock!  Big thumbs up
-Ben, you go boy! (BTW, email me when you get the video)

OK, true story which, at the end, ties into tbar's post. (BTW, great post!) I graduated college in '97. In spring of that year, I met a girl whose name sounds like "Malice"  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Nice blonde with hazel eyes. We worked together and lived in the same town. She liked me but I was involved with someone at the time. Don't ask why but she just wasn't sparking my interest. But we became great friends.

Once day, my buddy, whose name sounds like "Cryin'", came up visiting from college. He was engaged, but I invited him and Malice out to hang with me and my girl at the time. At the end of the night, he took her home for me (she was a total stranger to him and just met him that night).

A few weeks later, my girl and I break up, so I decided to take the summer off from relationships and have fun. So Malice and I hung out ALL summer, going to bars, hooking up with other people. Then we'd leave the bars together and MALICE and I would then hook up together.  Big thumbs up

So it was workin out great, Malice and I were friends that hooked up and really pleasured each other up, (she loved servicing the engine under my hood Wink/being sarcastic), yet were free to hang with whoever else.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy .

Meanwhile, Cryin would call me from his schoool/intern program down south and just catch up. His wedding plans were going well and he said life was good. When he asked me what was up, I was telling him how cool it was that Malice and I were just sex friends.

Well, the end of the summer comes. Cryan, Malice and I go out and all of a sudden divulge to me that the FIRST NIGHT they met, when he brought her home, they had sex.

I honestly didn;t care but told Cryan that he better get his shit together b/c he was gonna be married in less than 4 months! He had to make up his mind!

few months later-Cryan breaks up with his fiancee ONE MONTH prior to the wedding.
He then calls me to tell this this. I tell him to be careful not to run into another relationship with Alice OR ANYONE ELSE right now.
He then says, and I QUOTE, "Mirrodie, don't worry. Any chick whose had her mouth on your D**Kis not one that I'm gonna marry."

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY:

They are getting married this fall. LOL AND, big surprise, but they didn't invite me to be in the bridal party. Yep, I'm the guy that introduced them and was great friends with both of them.

Does it bother me? Just a little. But I may ditch their wedding and attend the EWR airliners show instead!  Big thumbs up

So, to concolude, yeah, I did have a few F*** Friends. In this case though, the girl in the other party couldn't handle the aftermath. She got with my old buddy and as they grew closer, they grew further from me.

I guess I was good competition?  Innocent

tbar, if you can handle it, just be safe. I am enamored with the wonderful lady I am with so those days are just a funny memory.

So now, if I yearn those days, I live vicariously through BEN  Big thumbs up!!

[Edited 2003-06-07 02:36:19]
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

AWspicious

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:49 am

He then says, and I QUOTE, "Mirrodie, don't worry. Any chick whose had her mouth on your D**Kis not one that I'm gonna marry."

HA HA!

Isn't it funny - What (and who) we don't know (read: denial) don't harm us. That is almost similar to believeing we're alone in the universe.  Laugh out loud

A.W.

Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!