Sabena332
Topic Author

Melatonin, Can Someone Recommend It?

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:27 am

I just ordered a pack Melatonin via a Dutch internet-pharmacy because it is not allowed to sell it here in Germany. A lot of people told me that it is very good when you have a jetlag or when you can`t sleep, is this true? Has someone experience with that stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

777236ER

RE: Melatonin, Can Someone Recommend It?

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:30 am

If it can't be sold in Germany maybe there's a REASON for that. Buying drugs over the internet is a bit stupid, IMO.
Your bone's got a little machine

Sabena332
Topic Author

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:35 am

If it can't be sold in Germany maybe there's a REASON for that.

I think it is bureaucracy, nothing else. It takes ages until a drug is permitted here in Germany. It is legal in The Netherlands and in the USA (maybe in 100 other countries too), so it can`t be dangerous. I never heard that someone died because he/she swallowed too much Melatonin.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Gumah

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:41 am

Yes - it does work!

I was in Germany a year and a half ago and I live on the West Coast (U.S.A.) The 11 hour flight along with the 9 hour time change did me in, and I couldn't sleep for the first two nights. I purchased some prior to leaving and one night after being wide awake until 2:30 a.m., I finally took one and dosed off about 20 minutes later. I did not feel groggy or sluggish the rest of the day.

I hight recommend it!

777236ER

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:47 am

I think it is bureaucracy, nothing else. It takes ages until a drug is permitted here in Germany. It is legal in The Netherlands and in the USA (maybe in 100 other countries too), so it can`t be dangerous. I never heard that someone died because he/she swallowed too much Melatonin.

Yes but there it's regulated and sold legally. Is buying something as potentially deadly as a drug from the internet a good idea? And then asking a forum if you should take it or not? Just because you haven't heard of anyone dying doesn't mean there are risks. Bureaucracy regarding drug laws is there for a very good reason.
Your bone's got a little machine

airsicknessbag

Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:07 am

I just sent you a mail before seeing this thread, but here again, publicly:

It´s a hormone which is produced by the brain. It tells the body "Hello body, it´s night, please drive all your systems down."

I personally won´t take it because I won´t mess with my hormones. I don´t want funny things to grow where they dont belong  Big grin

Daniel Smile

Sabena332
Topic Author

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:41 am

Thanks for your opinions guys!

Gumah, I am glad that it works! Now I know that I don`t need 10 beers to sleep after an intercontinental flight with a few hours time change Big grin

Patrick

SSTjumbo

Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:45 am

It works very well, and I have no experience with side effects. Just don't mix it with beer or some strange thing like that. Also, don't take it JUST before bedtime, take it about an hour or two before bed so it knocks you out immediately. Also, I've noticed that I actually only need about 4 hrs of sleep with this. I don't know why.

Cheers
-Mike
I don't know, so this is my signature.

johnboy

Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:33 am

It's sold over the counter in the U.S. With everyone so anxious to sue someone over here, I can't imagine the US government would allow that if it weren't safe, in moderation.

Many people I work with have trouble sleeping, and swear by it. You really have to experiment with it though, and find the dosage that works for you. Too much, and you'll be groggy the next day.

My concern is not the drug, but the choice to get it over the Internet. Are we all too trusting of the Internet? Who's really shipping this stuff out? Do they just have a flashy web page, or a proven track record of reliably safe products? Those are the questions I would ask.