mirrodie

I Had My Debut On The NY City Stage Yesterday!

Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:56 am

My fiancee took me to go see Blue Man Group last night. (afterward, BigPhil, Rai, and a couple of ladies met up at Idlewild bar. But I'll have to keep that story uinder wraps.)

-I was taken onstage by the Center BLUE MAN, put in a white suit, was given a dollop of blue paint on my cheek and then a black helmet was put on my head.

-Then I was held from my ankles by a rope and painted blue and thrown agasint a canvas to make a painting. In essence, I was a blue paintbrush.

-Then I was put in a box with my head in a jello mold. (For people that saw the show, this applies...when it came time to open the mold, I felt the jelly push down on my head. So I ducked back down thinking they were pushing me down LOL. So when the mold was removed, the hole was there with only the top of my head showing. oops!)

I guess I can add that to my resume. "Performed in Blue Man Group."

If you are in NY, check out the show. Comic performance art at its best.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

dinker225

RE: I Had My Debut On The NY City Stage Yesterday!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:53 pm

How were you chosen for this? I have been wanting to see them perform live. If I ever get to New York or Vegas I will definatly have to check them out.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

Notar520AC

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:55 pm

Oh my gosh- I saw the exact same thing in Las Vegas at the Luxor when we were staying there- with the human paintbrush and everything. Did you see the person's head inside the jello, and the person wearing the twinkie-creme breastplate under his/her shirt and it squirted out and everything? Cool show, isn't it? I got to meet them afterwards (at least the Las Vegas crew)- really nice guys. That must have been quite an experience- congrats!

_NOTAR520AC
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

Notar520AC

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:56 pm

Oh- heh Mirrodie- didn't even realized you were the one who posted this- PS- I emailed you back- haha- just another thing to add to my Luxor review for you!

_NOTAR520AC
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

mirrodie

Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:05 am

Dude, thanks for that VERY detailed email!

Yes, the show had all the parts you mentioned, (breastplate, etc)

Dinker: How I was picked? Well, before the show started, a guy asked to me come with him, then said "you look like a guy who can have some fun"
then he explained what would happen later in the show.

I don't know if wearing blue helps, but I was wearing a blue and green eyeglass frame with blue tinted lenses and a blue shirt. Maybe that helped???I really don't know. Ahh, it probably also helps if you aren't too tall. I am 5'8" and I doubt they would consider someone bigger than 5'10" MAX due to the jello mold part.

cheers, mirrodie
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st