EGGD
Topic Author

Favourite Megadeth Album!?

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:38 pm

Ok so we already did everyones favourite thrash band, it produced very likely outcomes. But what about (IMO) one of the greatest thrash bands of all time? Megadeth weren't as guilty as Metallica with regard to 'selling-out' but did produce their own 'load/re-load' in the name of RISK. A very disappointing album but lets not talk about that  Smile/happy/getting dizzy. They also released their 'Master Of Puppets' in the name of 'Rust In Peace', definately one of the most technically perfect albums of all time.

Anyway, what is your favourite Megadeth album? Whilst I'd like to say Rust In Peace, or even Peace Sells (Wake up Dead is my favourite 'deth song), I'm going to go with Countdown to Extinction. I think it was their best album, and I think that was their best sound. Despite how much I love Hangar 18 and Tornado Of Souls, I just think the groove of Countdown sounded better overall. I thought songs like Lucretia and Polaris on Rust didn't quite cut it, plus the vocals are better on Countdown.

So my say is Countdown,a much more rounded album, maybe less thrash but still my favourite Megadeth album, whats yours?

KROC

RE: Favourite Megadeth Album!?

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:46 pm

"Rust In Peace" or "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying" are interchangable as the best Megadeth albums IMO.

I even liked their first one quite a bit too.

EA CO AS

Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:29 am

"So Far, So Good...So What?" was a good album as well.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

KROC

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:19 am

Thank you EA CO AS. I would like to replace "Rust In Peace" with "So Far, So Good... So What?, as I got the two confused.

aa61hvy

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:21 am

Cryptic Writings. Is my fav.
Go big or go home

EA CO AS

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am

No problem KROC. And while Megadeth is great, I'd have to say that Anthrax or Flotsam and Jetsam (again, only the OLD stuff from both bands) are my favorite thrash/speed metal bands.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

KROC

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:54 am

I agree. I used to love Anthrax in the mid to late 80's and early 90's.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:17 am

"Peace sells..... but who's buying?" and "Rust in Peace" God bless Dave Mustaine!

Alessandro

Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:33 am

I like most of them, but if I had to pick one it´ll be Youthanesia, great album cover also...
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

hartsfieldboy

Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:21 am

Rust in Peace was great, but Countdown to Extinction is no doubt my favorite Megadeth album. "Symphony of Destruction," "Skin O' My Teeth" and "Sweating Bullets" all rock!

EGGD
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:50 am

I think most of the songs on the album do.

KROC - you kiddin', So far so good over Rust In Peace?! I thought so far so good so what was a good album but nothing really stood out for me (the best song being 'hook in mouth' which still wasn't great).

I like Anthrax alot too, but not as much, the whole bay area sound is great, Death Angel, metallica, Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth etc etc etc. Flotstam & Jetsam had some good albums too but they weren't brilliant either IMO.

KROC

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:20 am

EGGD, I'm not a big fan of "Rust In Peace". Not sure why.

Death Angel. Talk about a disappointing Metal band.

Overkill however, I'm a HUGE fan off, although I haven't heard any of their stuff after "W.F.O."

EGGD
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:21 am

I haven't heard it yet but people have told me that Killbox 13 is a great album, and also grab a copy of the Wrecking Everything Live DVD, some older cuts on that disc that are performed really well... Probably the most consistent band i've ever come across!