EGGD
Topic Author

Iceland Holiday Pictures, Geysirs, Dolphins Etc...

Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:55 pm

Hey guys,

I've just finished putting up some of my photos from my holiday to Iceland this year, using my new Canon D30 and a broken Canon USM lens (got a new working one today!). Some of the pictures are pretty interesting IMO. My favourite is the cave because I basically just walked down their not expecting to do anything, and it was really dark. The power of long exposures!! It looked nowhere near as spectacular as that  Laugh out loud.

http://www.pbase.com/daniel_hamer/iceland_july_2003

Take a look if you have time, there are only about 20 photos in there.

Cheers

Dan

HOMER71

RE: Iceland Holiday Pictures, Geysirs, Dolphins Etc...

Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:20 pm

Great photos! Iceland looks like a beautiful place to visit, especially in the summer. How warm does it get over there?

Take it easy...
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

derekf

Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:23 pm

Very nice pictures Dan. I have been to Iceland quite often and spent a month in Iceland a few years ago (working I may add). I did have the opportunity to visit many of the places in your pictures. Gullfoss was spectacular when I saw it covered in snow and a lot bigger than it looks. More impressive than Niagara I thought.
Iceland is a truly beautiful place with very friendly people and only a couple of hours flying time from the UK. Quite expensive though, we stayed in the Loftleidir hotel at Reykjavik airport.

Cheers

Derek
Whatever.......

EGGD
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:25 pm

Eh, I think the day before I left it was 9C? I think thats like, 50Farenheit lol...

But when we arrived (you see at Geysir, Pingvellir, Bifrost etc) it was 25C, and very sunny! The weather soon deteriorated though and by the last full day it was pouring down with rain and struggling to make double figures. Amazingly there was a gap in the cloud and we had bright sunshine for the whale watching on the day we left...

Oh yeah.. and I found Iceland extremely boring, lol...... Big grin

EGGD
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:29 pm

Derek - I know what you mean, the holiday was really expensive for what it was, and we were basically left in youth hostels and cheap hotels!! I think one was a school, one was a shared accomodation house, one was a farm guesthouse... Big grin. Plus every meal was say, £12 for soup starter, £30 for a main course.

Yes, I found Gulfoss very interesting, took quite a few photos there! The second fall was what interested me the most... So powerful, and the spray coming up the other side of the canyon..... I think the first and last days were probably the best, seeing Gulfoss and Geysir on the first and all those dolphins on the last...  Smile.

Cheers

Dan

Jaspike

Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:10 am

Looks good.. I've never really thought about going there.. is it worth it? Or should I keep going to Lanzarote and the brilliant ACELaugh out loud

I was looking at your photos in the database this morning too, they're great Big thumbs up

Josh

EGGD
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:36 am

Lol thanks.. I wouldn't go, WAY to expensive for what it is, but it wasn't me that decided anyway  Big grin.

Ah that reminds me..... I've got to update my photo album in my profile.. Big grin

Jaspike

Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:13 am

That reminds me I was going to remind you too update it Laugh out loud

I'll stick to ACE etc etc  Big thumbs up

Josh

aa61hvy

Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:05 am

Nice shots Dan, I like the caption on the seagul!
Go big or go home

NoUFO

RE: Iceland Holiday Pictures, Geysirs, Dolphins Et

Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:41 am

Very nice pictures you copied from the Iceland Tourist Board's brochure, Dan. Big grin
But they won't change my mind not to travel to northern Europe again for the next years to come. It's finally time to visit the south more often.

I support the right to arm bears

chepos

Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:05 am

Beautiful pictures and beautiful country. The Gulfoss waterfall is breathtaking, and that strokkur picture is just amazing (not alot of people get to see something like that so consider yourself lucky). Not to mention the dolphins, they look so cute and peaceful.
These pics make me want to go to Iceland .
Hope you enjoyed your trip.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

EGGD
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:06 am

Chepos - the strokkur geysir 'erupts' (can't think of a better word) every 4-5 minutes Big grin