flpuck6

Hooking Up ... Yes / No?

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:08 pm

Hey everyone,

I hope this is decent enough for the forum lol, hope it stays decent too lol.

Just wondering what you all think of hooking up? Are you for it? Against it? Not sure? I thought I was against it until recently lol.

How about friends with benefits?

Thoughts?
Bonjour Chef!

Matt D

RE: Hooking Up ... Yes / No?

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:09 pm

I think hooking up is a great thing. I hook up my "Dolphin" every night.

signed,

Mirrodie

KROC

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:10 pm

Who on earth is going to be against hooking up...seriously?

And on top of that, you thought you were against hooking up until recently? What, were you just going to go through life ever strenghtening your Kung-Fu grip?

Friends with benefits. A great thing...period.

airways1

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:22 pm

Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly does 'hooking up' mean? (It's not a British English phrase!)

I get the general meaning, but I would like to know more specifically...

In any case, I'm all for it!

airways1

Matt D

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:31 pm

Sorry to be ignorant... but I would like to know more specifically...

In any case, I'm all for it!

I don't know what it is, but I'm sure for it.

Now that's what I call a REAL independant thinker.  Big grin

bobrayner

Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:57 pm

It was explained to me, in some detail, the last time I visited the USA.
Trust me, you'd like it, if you're a red-blooded Briton.  Smile
Cunning linguist

flpuck6

Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:44 pm

Hooking up is making out with someone, simply for the pleasure of it. There may or may not be sex involved, but at least kissing, fondling, oral sex....
and it's usually a one time thing ... if not every now and then with that person. Otherwise known as a one-night-stand maybe?
Bonjour Chef!

cancidas

Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:15 am

yea, if that's what i'm in the mood for. normally it leads to sex but other times that's enough. Big grin
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

BlatantEcho

Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:28 am

"Who on earth is going to be against hooking up...seriously?"

Me. (and yes I've "hooked up" before so I know what's up)

I want a serious girlfriend who doesn't put out on a first date. Sorry, but a handjob at a party isn't as important as a girl I can fall in love with, and I ain't falling in love with some girl who gives handjobs at any party.

keep it simple.

btw: as you all mention how I'm such a queer boy, I also routinely turn down sex from girls as well. pour it on boys.

George
They're not handing trophies out today

MaxPowers

Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:47 am

Yea dude, I hook up with my right hand all the time! My left hand is also my friend with benefits.

Signed,
Everyone on the forum under 17...

727_Gal

Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:25 am

I want a serious girlfriend who doesn't put out on a first date. Sorry, but a handjob at a party isn't as important as a girl I can fall in love with, and I ain't falling in love with some girl who gives handjobs at any party.

that's a two way street. this is the old "if a girl has sex, she's a slut but if a guy does he's a hero." and it pisses me off. i don't go around sleeping with every man i see, but you know what, if i wanted to, that would make me no better or worse than the guys who do it every day.

hooking up, in theory, is fine, as are friends with benefits. the key to this, however, is making sure that everyone understands what the limits are and that no one gets hurt. for example, a drunken random hookup is okay, but if one person likes the person they're hooking up with (and the other person doesn't feel the same) that's where problems start.

friends with benefits can get tricky. my ex and i did that for 2.5 years, and it led to lots of problems. (of course, we had pre-existing issues, but the sex didn't help.)

all in all though, i gotta say that i'm wholly in favor of sex and its corresponding activities! (but i'm not offering, sorry!)

ybacpa

Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:02 am

So, in summary:
"Hook Up": (american english) Verb, 1. To engage in sexual relations with an individual outside of a commited relationship. Noun: 2. Person or persons with which one has said relations without fear of long term (i.e. past 10am) relationship. See also "Friend with benefits"

"Friend with Benefits": (origin unknown) Noun, 1. Person interested in stimulation of naughty parts while still maintaining casual "friend who only calls when he/she has a good reason to" status. 2. Term used to describe person whom one knows as an acquantaince and can be expected, at least infrequently, to hook up with.

There you go kids, the official a.net explanation of "hook up" and "friend with benefits."
SkyTeam: The alliance for third rate airlines finally getting their act together!

MIA777

Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:53 am

I guess teens in Miami use it as meaning "engaging in a sexual manner with someone." That someone can be a random person, a friend with benefits, your girlfriend, whoever...
MIA777

mirrodie

Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:26 am

Uh, huh-huh, um, what's a dolphin?

signed,

Matt D
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Boeing4ever

Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:10 am

all in all though, i gotta say that i'm wholly in favor of sex and its corresponding activities! (but i'm not offering, sorry!)

Nuts!  Sad  Big grin

B4e-Forever New Frontiers