L-188
Topic Author

Want To Enter Great Britain...Brush Up On Beattles

Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:25 pm

Apparently 6 Brazilians who tried to enter Great Britian where denied entry into that country because they where not able to answer trivia questions about the mopheads posted by customs and imigration inspectors at the airport.

The 6 claimed the had been on their way to a Beatles festival when they attempted to enter the country. Their failure to correctly answer the trivia questions apparently cast doubt on their intentions in England.

So if you want to go to England, make sure you are fully versed on the Fab Four and know that Yoko destroyed the band.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20030822_440.html

[Edited 2003-08-23 08:26:07]
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

IMissPiedmont

RE: Want To Enter Great Britain...Brush Up On Beattles

Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:51 pm

I see.

On the surface, first paragraph of the article, it seems not unreasonable. After all, they were going to a Beatles event.

On further reading though, it becomes apparent that these persons were possibly new fans who did not know the "proper" answers.

Has or world become this paranoid?

To guote Jimmy Clift, "I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave."
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

srbmod

Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:50 am

Well, then I'll have no problem going through customs when I travel to London in April.

CPH-R

RE: Want To Enter Great Britain...Brush Up On Beat

Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:13 am

No problem then - next time I arrive at LHR, I'll just say that on my way to a Kraftwerk festival. That should keep them busy coming up with questions  Laugh out loud

GDB

Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:50 am

Just as well you were not with them L-188, if they'd have asked you to write down the name of the band they might have had an issue with your spelling!
Seriously though, at least Immigration had an officer fluent in their language, to avoid misunderstandings, but I doubt if just answering a few questions was the only factor, but anything else more mundane won't make for such a good story, this was pretty widely reported over here a few days ago.