Topic Author

Ah, Life

Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:29 am

Well, my best friend is moving to the Hartford area in about a week. He got a teaching job at The Canterbury School, teaching English and Latin. So, for the second time in as many years, I will have to accept the fact that I won't really see him too much. I've known Drew since I was five, and really, I consider him to be my only REAL true friend. He's always been there for me...always telling me to stick it out in the airline biz even through the tough times...etc. Overall, I'm really happy for him. But at the same time, it kinda sucks. An awkward situation that I'm sure most everyone has experienced at some point or another.

So the day after I hear this news, I receive a proposal from a fellow coworker. Standing at the ticket counter, she asks me "Steve, how would you feel about being my roomatte? You're so much fun we'd have a blast!" That pretty much took me by surprise to say the least. So I went over to the place last night...very nice, spacious, pool and courtyard in the back, only $400/month including utilities, and it's in a good, middle-class area. After the tour, we went to this place Lager's (classic place with 75 beers on tap) and watched some of the sad Saints game. So we were talking, she suggested that I teach her how to ski since her friend has a condo up in the Rockies, I asked her if she wanted to go to the R.E.M concert with me next month and she agreed.

Just a very odd two-day period. Going from the sadness of saying goodbye to your best bud again to the joy of possibly living with an attractive woman.

Ah, life. What else can you say?

By the way....I think i'll move in...what do I have to lose?  Smile

Steve in New Orleans

Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:17 am

By the way....I think i'll move in...what do I have to lose?

Your virginity?
"Shaddap you!"

RE: Ah, Life

Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:22 am

What makes you think he has it (or not) in the first place?

Big thumbs up

Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:34 pm

If you don't move your probably MATTD in disguise and gay.
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:15 pm

You live in New Orleans, you are in your early 20s and a woman asks you to move in with her. You then ask what you have to lose. Does the word everything mean anything? Sorry but if you live in a womans house you have 2 options. All the sex you want or all the grief you deserve. Wait now, the first will bring the second.

Don't do it. Unless of course you have a bottomless wallet which you want to throw away. I'm not joking.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:22 pm

I'm going to go with IMissPiedmont on this one. If you move in, treat it like you're one person in a place with two people living in it -- that you have a roommate and nothing more. Remember, if things go sour, you can't go home to get away from it.

Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:29 pm

Mabye he will be lucky and end up with the "All the sex you want"