GD727
Topic Author

Help With Choosing A Vacation Spot

Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:49 am

Here's my predicament. Every April vacation, my family and I go on vacation. This past year we went to Orlando for the 4th time. We have also been to Tampa and Southern Kentucky. Now, I am starting to plan our vacation for next April, I know it is far in advance, but I won't be doing any other flying until then, so I'm a bit impatient.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

So, could anyone recommend my family and I a good vacation spot? Here are some requirements:

1. It must be someplace that is fairly warm in April

2. It must be somewhat family friendly

3. It can't be a major city, unless it has a beach and/or a big theme park

4. There must be enough to do so we are occupied for 5-6 days

5. Most importantly, it must be inexpensive

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

skyhawk

RE: Help With Choosing A Vacation Spot

Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:59 am

GD727-I know you said you've done the Disney thing, but have you ever done a Disney cruise? One of the kids in my 5th grade class this past year did one with her family and loved it. There is a sit(I hope this isn't a problem):

www.disneydollars.com

This site is geared towards Disney nuts, but often has the cruises too. Take a look. Also, what about Key West? Lots of scuba and snorkeling trips. Fishing if you or your parents like that. I'm not sure if they still have it, but the last time I was down there, there was a float plane trip to Dry Tortugas.

mirrodie

Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:02 pm

Bermuda or Bahamas sound like a decent option.

Also the Disney Cruise is a great idea
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

CanadianNorth

Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:49 pm

Well I would highly recomend that you come up here...
we aint the hottest most happening hole in the world, but as far as a tourist goes the Yukon definetly has alot to offer. I have personally met many of the tourists, and i have yet to meet a single one that wasnt very pleased with the senery, the history, the culture and the people that live here, and make the north what it is today.
You should start out here in Whitehorse, a city of about 22,000 fine folks, its the city that has all the services avalible in a big city, only with a small town attitude. Whitehorse itself should keep you busy for 2 or 3 days and the rest of the trip you could say go see Haines or Skagway, Alaska, or head up twards Dawson for 2 or 3 days to tour around the area where the gold rush of 1898 happened. Or there of course is many other options for places to visit in the fine territory.
So before you go to another crouded oldtourist trap that every other person has been there done that, consider leaving the beaten path, and heading north and enjoy a more relaxed and friendly area of the world that not all that many people ever get the chance to see, but the people who do get to see it, are often surprised by all this great land has to offer.

Well thats my 2 cents

CanadianNorth
Way to go, nice and slow, never late, 748!

GD727
Topic Author

Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:38 am

Thanks for the suggestions, all of them sound like great vacations.

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

JAL777

Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:40 am

Dubai is a great place to go... something closer to home? How about Funchal?

Edit: I though you were from the UK.  Smile

[Edited 2003-08-31 00:45:33]

AMX

Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:08 pm

GD727,

Try CANCUN!!

Big thumbs up

Arriba Sonora!!!

Chi-town

Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:46 pm

Barbados. It meets all of the criteria that you listed. It stays about 80 degrees all year round. I went over spring break this year and it was 88 and sunny every day we were there. No big cities and lots of stuff to do. Very interesting culture and great experience. Many things to do also....shopping, water sports (tubing, swimming, jetskiing, parasailing, snorkeling....The list goes on) We had a vacation package through AA and It was pretty cheap. And, AA flies 757's into BGI so your on a jetliner not a prop. I had an awesome time there. I highly recommend it. Another thing, it is very clean there and they don't have any of those freaky diseases that you hear about. ONLY One bad thing...It was a little poverty stricken in some areas but all of the tourist areas were very clean and nice.

Steve

JAL

Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:55 pm

The Gaspe region of Quebec and Toronto/Niagara region are both great vacation spots.
Work Hard But Play Harder