Beefmoney
Topic Author

Computer/Joystick Problem

Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:41 am

I have a Saitek X45 (both joystick and throttle), and I have a problem with it that I dearly need a solution to.

On the throttle there is a "mode" switch that has 3 notches. I dont know what this does, nor do I care as I never need to use it. But, the problem stems from this switch. On some of my games, when I go to configure the controls, it will ONLY recognize this one switch. You know how, when you want to reconfigure an action in a game to a different axis or button? Well, I can never get to that stage because it automatically assumes that I want this mode switch to be the new command. Its almost like it constantly transmitting, like how it would act if I was constantly pushing down the trigger. I can NOT get this switch to stop transmitting so I can reconfigure my game commands. It overrides any other commands I try to put in.

Is there any program I can use to deactivate this one particular switch? Does anyone know of any way to kill it?

Thanks. (BTW, Ive looked all around the Saitek website, to no avail. If anyone can find anything though, that would be great.)

aa61hvy

RE: Computer/Joystick Problem

Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:26 pm

Just rub it, it always works for me. Let me know if you need help.
Signed,
JCS17
Go big or go home