racko

The New Supercars

Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:06 pm

A whole bunch of new supercars has been shown at this year's IAA, which one is your favorite?

Here come's my list:

1. Porsche Carrera GT

It's simply amazing, a car can't look sexier.

2. Mercedes SLR

Looks a bit strange from some angles, but still very muscular.

3. Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Looks more like a spaceship than a car.

4. Ford GT40

Might have looked fresh 40 years, but it surely doesn't today.

ryanb741

RE: The New Supercars

Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:12 pm

Wow - I love the retro look of the Ford - it is something I would gladly buy. Also, the Porsche is gorgeous as usual - the side air intakes are similar to the Porsche 959. The Bugatti looks wierd and the McLaren Merc so-so but I just love that Ford. Shame about the Ford badge though. Anyone know when it will be released and what the price will be?
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

KROC

Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:45 pm

I too love the Ford GT. Fresh 40 years ago? Sometimes you gotta go backwards to move forwards.

captaingomes

Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:41 pm

All spectacular cars!

For the Buggati, it does 250 mph, and if you want to experience it, they can arrange to close off a long, straight desert road in Saudi Arabia for you to enjoy the car to its full potential. I think it looks spectacular!

The SLR looks very strange, but there's no denying its capabilities.

The Ford is also really nice, although it's too much a throwback to the original. I do however think it still looks great.

Finally the Porsche, what a spectacular machine! Looks amazing, performs incredibly. But to me the most important thing is that the next Boxster, due in a couple of years, will bear a striking resemblence to the Carrera GT. Also, the interior of future Porsche's will be very similar, which again is a bit step up from the cheap interiors in the current Boxster and Carrera.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

buckfifty

Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:06 am

I put a downpayment on a Carrera GT just yesterday in fact.

This was after I scored the winner in the Champions League final with a volley following a pristine ball from Harry Kewell back in our own penalty area. Harry Redknapp, who replaced Houllier seven months ago for general incompetency, ran to embrace me, as the Real Madrid players slumped in defeat.

At the party afterwards, I was introduced to Gisele Bundchem, and it was like two marshmallows stuck together over a bonfire as things heated up. We got married a few hours later, made love Robbie Williams style in the presidential suite, and at that exact moment, I reminded myself to ring my agent to put that deposit down on the GT.

I was so disappointed when he told me Silver sold out, so I had to settle for blue.

Yes, eventually, I woke up.

Alessandro

Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:54 am

The Bugatti is astonishing, 406km/hr when the electronic system stops the engine from preforming more.
New tires by Michelin using the Pax system currently used on some Renault,
Audi and Rolls-Royce. The pax system will indicate if you have a flat tire (or several) and
you can drive 80km/hr on a flat for about 200km.
It´s looks is growing on me, sure you don´t mistake it for any other car....

From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

ryanb741

Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:56 am

Has anyone seen the new Porsche GT supercar? It is incredibly fast and expensive (£300k to be precise) but it looks really wierd - pure Porsche at the front but the rear end is, well, wrong. The new Turbo GT3 is special, although give me a Lamborghini Murcialagio any day
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

AvObserver

Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:54 am

RE: The Ford GT: "Might have looked fresh 40 years, but it surely doesn't today."

That's the POINT! It's SUPPOSED to look like the original GT-40; it's a dedicated retro design. As for the Veyron, WOW, it DOES look like a spaceship! Doesn't that thing cost a million U.S. dollars? Given the normal annual insurance vs. vehicle worth ratio, wouldn't it run between $50,000. and $75,000. USD just to insure this baby for a year? DAMN! Aw, what's the point of gazing longingly at any of these wheels, haven't a prayer of affording ANY Of them.  Crying

Superfly

Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:00 am

Not in to any of them but if I had to make a choice, I'd go for the Ford GT-40.
Bring back the Concorde